Looking to get your hands on an iconic red lightsaber? Here’s how to find and defeat Darth Vader in Fortnite!
Darth Vader is back in Fortnite once more, despite making his debut last season in “Vibin'”. When the Sith Lord first appeared on the island, he was also available as the Tier 100 Battle Pass skin.
This time around, the fan-favorite Star Wars character isn’t earnable in-game, but you can still take him down to obtain a special lightsaber reward.
Where to Find Darth Vader Boss Location in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4
Darth Vader will only spawn at an Imperial outpost that has appeared on the island, just South East of Greasy Grove. You’ll be able to see him dropping in via his Lambda-Class Shuttle as the Battle Bus flies over the island at the start of each game.
Unlike in Season 3, you won’t have to worry about Vader appearing at multiple different locations. This time around, he’s always at the location shown below.
When you’re dropping into the game close to Darth Vader’s location, a large blue beam will be visible, revealing his exact position.
The Sith Lord will attack players with his lightsaber and Force powers, meaning he’s not easy to take down. Thankfully, we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeves to help you defeat Darth Vader.
How to Defeat Darth Vader Tips & Tricks
To defeat Darth Vader, players will need to keep him at range and be wary of his Force powers that he can use to close the gap.
He can easily be defeated by hitting him repeatedly with a vehicle, and can only defend from one player at once, so attack with a squad.
Here are some tips to help you take down the iconic Sith:
- Darth Vader can leap long distances, toss objects, pull players towards him, and throw his lightsaber for big damage. Be wary of his options and engage from the maximum range possible.
- Vader can block incoming fire with his lightsaber but multiple players will overwhelm him. Bring a squad and he’ll go down easily.
- Hitting Darth Vader with a car or other vehicle will deal damage to him safely. Despite his Force powers, he struggles to damage a player in a car, and vehicles can land safely even if you get launched.
- Junk Rifts will drop objects from a mysterious rift when thrown at Vader. These deal major damage and are a good way of dealing damage when he’s blocking incoming fire.
- You don’t have to land the final hit on Vader. Instead, shoot and damage him, before letting other players finish the job.
Read More: Fortnite x Star Wars: Original Trilogy Set Price, Release Date, & More
How to Assist in Defeating Darth Vader
To assist in defeating Darth Vader, all you need to do is damage the Sith Lord before he is defeated. The easiest way to do this is to drop near Greasy Grove, grab a weapon, and head over to the nearby outpost.
Then, land a single shot on Darth Vader to damage him before other players finish him off.
This will still count towards your Skywalker Week Quest and you’ll be alerted at the top of your screen when Vader is taken down.
How to Get Darth Vader’s Lightsaber in Fortnite
Once Darth Vader is defeated, he’ll drop his lightsaber on the ground for one lucky player to pick up. If you’re not fast enough to grab it, you’ll need to defeat the player that’s holding it to obtain it for yourself.
There is only one version of this lightsaber in the game, and it’s unique in that it lets players throw it by pressing the fire button while blocking.
Speaking of sabers, why not check out where to find all Lightsabers and Star Wars chests in Fortnite?