The Constant Pressure custom tactic option has been heavily nerfed in the latest FIFA 23 Title Update 6.
The sixth title update for FIFA 23 is here and there are a lot of major changes. In particular, the effectiveness of Constant Pressure has been reduced and the bug resetting controller settings has been fixed.
Here are the full patch notes.
Constant Pressure Nerfed in Title Update 6
The overpowered Constant Pressure defensive tactic has been nerfed in the latest FIFA 23 patch.
With this new update, you will notice the following:
- AI teammates will actively look to provide more short passing options when playing against Constant Pressure.
- CPU-controlled defenders who apply constant pressure but do not win the ball back will take longer to track back. This does not affect human-controlled players.
- Stamina Decay decreased by 11.7% for Constant Pressure, Press After Possession Loss, and Press After Heavy Touch tactics.
- In some situations, ball carriers are more likely to retain possession of the ball when pressured by a defender from behind.
This is one of the biggest changes in Title Update 6 as it reduces the effect that Constant Pressure will have.
Previously Constant Pressure did not showcase the desired negative side effects as intended. Allowing players to constantly pressure players throughout the whole match.
With Constant Pressure nerfed, it might be time to try out some new FIFA 23 tactics. Check out these 4-2-3-1 custom tactics that are sure to win you more games!
Controller Settings Reset Bug Fixed in FIFA 23
A bug causing controllers to reset the default settings has been addressed in FIFA 23 Title Update 6. This bug has been in the game since launch with no fix being discovered.
However, now EA SPORTS FIFA has fixed the issue which has affected tons of FIFA 23 players.
- Addressed the following issue: In some cases, in Kick-Off, controller settings would revert to the default
FIFA 23 Title Update 6 Full Patch Notes – January 11
Here are the rest of the official patch notes for FIFA 23 Title Update 6:
- Defenders would slow down incorrectly at times when chasing lofted-through balls.
- Addressed the issue of the ball falling back, unintentionally, to the attacking player after a defender makes a tackle.
- Teams defensive line would push up too closely to the center of the pitch during kickoffs.
- Using Player Lock when playing with custom controls could result in unwanted actions in some cases.
- When locking to players without the ball, the ball carrier would perform unwanted Skill Moves or passes.
- Animations not playing correctly when two players make physical contact have been addressed.
- Fixed the issue of not allowing players to take quick free kicks in certain cases.
- Sometimes, Semi-Assisted Through Passes would incorrectly be hit out of play.
- Animations for heading that would unnecessarily occur when a player was requested to header the ball despite not being in contention have been removed.
- Addressed the issue of CPU AI not winning the ball back if the human-controlled player was shielding the ball.
- Instances of ball carriers running over the ball when making a dribble have been further addressed
- Addressed the issue of CPU AI goalkeepers performing unintentional poor passes from goal kicks.
- Rare instances of the ball carrier becoming unresponsive after receiving a pass have been addressed.
- Referee logic has been improved when making decisions on fouls where the defending player moves quickly away from the ball carrier.
- Referee logic improved in situations involving slide tackles.
Read More: TOTW 11 revealed featuring Harry Kane & more
FIFA Ultimate Team
- View Help button has been added to FUT Main Menu, Transfer Market Menu, Match Pause Screen, and when entry into FUT isn’t possible.
- Displays a short message and a QR code that leads to EA help pages related to the area the player scanned it from.
- Profile tab added to Player Details view for some Player items.
- Addressed the issue of radar disappearing during matches.
FIFA World Cup
The following issues have been addressed in the FIFA World Cup mode:
- Unplayed FIFA World Cup Live Your World Cup matches showing match results.
- FIFA World Cup Live Your World Cup starting lineups displaying incorrectly.
- Play New Final option replaced by Restart Final after Featured Quickplay Grand Final match has concluded.
- An incorrect ball is being used in some matches.
General Audio & Visual Changes in FIFA 23 Title Update 6
- Visual items such as balls, UI elements, custom managers, star heads, kits, tattoos, boots, gloves, facial hair, badges, stadiums, pitch trophies, VIP Areas, mascots, TIFOs, stadium themes, Skill Move descriptions, and ad boards have been updated.
- Addressed the following issues:
- [PC Only] EA anti-cheat not installing or updating correctly.
- [Xbox Series S Only] Visual fidelity improved in some situations.
- On the EASF Tracker, there is a known problem that is being looked into: If Playtime Match Limits are set and reached, the message conveying this information cannot be closed.
- Solution: Exit FIFA 23 and restart it.
FIFA 23 Title Update 6 Release Date
The Title Update 6 for FIFA 23 was put live on 12 January 2023 for Playstation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Stadia.
While there are a ton of changes in FIFA 23, there are also a bunch of exciting promos coming to FUT 23. The TOTY release date is just around the corner, celebrating the best of the best in football.
There is also a brand new ICON type coming to FIFA Ultimate Team as well!