FIFA 23 players on Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 have been reporting an SSL Connect error message when attempting to play the game.
The error stating “Cannot communicate using SSL” has left users unable to step foot onto the virtual pitch. When this error pops up on your screen, you will be met with a white screen, unable to do anything.
The reason for this error has been found and luckily the solution is pretty simple!
FIFA 23 SSL Connect Error Solution Found
This issue occurs because you have yet to link your Origin account to your PSN ID. Luckily, there is a simple solution to fix this error!
To fix this error, you will need to head to EA’s website and log in using your Playstation Network details. From there you can link your Origin with your PSN ID.
Here is how you can do it:
- Go to EA.com
- Click on the person icon in the top right of the website, then click sign in.
- Login using your email and password for your PSN account
- You will then be prompted to connect your Origin account with your PSN, click connect
- Once you have logged in, click on the same person icon which will now be surrounded by a blue circle
- Click Account Settings and then Connections
- Check that Playstation Network is now listed under Connections
Once you have followed all of these steps, you should now be able to play FIFA 23.
This solution was found on the EA Help page by user MrNinetales and is confirmed to work as we have tested this fix ourselves!
Once you are back into FIFA 23, why don’t you check out how to complete any FUT 23 SBC for free using this method?
And if you wish to instead hop straight onto the pitch, these 4-4-2 (2) custom tactics have been tipped to be the best in the game by a FIFA 23 pro!