Since FIFA 17, Ones to Watch has been the opening promo from EA Sports, and players in the squad have started to leak already!
The Ones to Watch promo celebrates the new transfers from the summer. It rewards these players with a special item.
Ones to Watch items are dynamic items that will upgrade over the course of the real-life football season and this year’s items have a new World Cup stipulation for upgrades.
Let’s take a look at how the OTW items upgrade as well as leaks and predictions for which players could be getting one of these special cards.
How Ones to Watch Upgrade in FIFA 23
Wins to Watch
OTW items can receive a one-time in-form upgrade if their team wins three games in their next eight league fixtures starting on 30 September. OTW players do not need to play in these games to be eligible for the upgrade
World Cup Upgrades
With no Team of the Week on during the World Cup, EA Sports have added a new way for OTW players to upgrade.
OTW items will receive a one-time in-form upgrade if their nation wins a game at the 2022 Qatar World Cup. They will upgrade even if they have not been selected to play for their national side at the tournament.
Performance-Based Special Items
Ones to Watch items will upgrade based on real-life performances. They will upgrade to match their highest-rated performance-based item.
However, if they have already received one or two of the one-time upgrades, their OTW item will have a +1 or a +2 in-form upgrade from their latest performance-based item.
Performance-based items include Team of the Week, Domestic Man-of-the-Match, and European Man-of-the-Match items.
Player of the Month or Team of the Year cards will not count towards an upgrade.
OTW items will also not change their position to match their performance-based items. For example, Darwin Núñez item is a ST at default – if he receives a performance-based special item as a RW, his OTW will not become a RW.
FUT 23 Ones to Watch Cards
So far, there have only been five confirmed Ones to Watch items:
- ST: Darwin Núñez > 82 (Liverpool)
- ST: Richarlison > 81 (Tottenham Hotspur)
- LW: Raheem Sterling > 86 (Chelsea)
- ST: Erling Haaland > 88 (Man City)
- RW: Ángel Di María > 84 (Juventus) (via SBC)
According to trusted source FutSherrif, these players will also have Ones to Watch items:
- RW: Antony > 82 (Manchester United)
- ST: Robert Lewandowksi > 91 (FC Barcelona)
- CB: Nico Schlotterbeck > 82 (Borussia Dortmund)
- LW: Sadio Mané > 89 (Bayern Munich)
- ST: Gabriel Jesus > 83 (Arsenal)
Richarlison has also been leaked to come as an objective item rather than in packs.
FIFA 23 OTW Predictions
Here is who we expect to be granted a Ones to Watch item:
- GK: Nick Pope > 81 (Newcastle United)
- GK: Kasper Schmeichel > 83 (OGC Nice)
- LB: Renan Lodi > 80 (Nottingham Forest)
- LB: Ismaily > 79 (LOSC Lille)
- CB: Antonio Rudiger > 87 (Real Madrid)
- CB: Wesley Fofana > 79 (Chelsea)
- CM: Renato Sanches > 80 (PSG)
- CM: Ryan Gravenberch > 79 (Bayern Munich)
- RW: Raphinha > 83 (FC Barcelona)
- RW: David Neres > 79 (Benfica)
- RW: Gareth Bale > 81 (LAFC)
- LW: Lucas Ocampos > 81 (Ajax)
- CF: Paulo Dybala > 86 (Roma FC)
- CM: Paul Pogba > 85 (Juventus)
- ST: Timo Werner > 82 (RB Leipzig)
- ST: Romelu Lukaku > 86 (Inter Milan)
If you are lucky enough to get your hands on an OTW Haaland, you will likely score a lot of goals. Why don’t you learn how to do the new power shot in FIFA 23 to further improve your chances of scoring?
If you’re trading to add some OTW cards to your squad, you’ll be spending plenty of time on the menus. Here’s the full FIFA 23 soundtrack so you know what you’ll be listening to while you do it!