Since FF16’s release, plenty of players have wanted the option to fix the motion blur, as they have found it can ruin or diminish the experience.
The purpose of motion blur in games is to help make fast actions feel significantly smoother while replicating the real-life motion blur you experience daily.
However, it is not for everyone, and it’s understandable if you want it removed. But can you remove motion blur in FF16?
Can You Turn Off Motion Blur in FF16?
Yes, you can now turn off motion blur via the Graphics Settings menu. Here is how you do it:
- Open the main menu by pressing the Options button.
- Press R2 until you reach System.
- Press R1 until you reach Graphics Settings.
- It is the fourth setting from the left.
- Select Motion Blur.
- Use the D-Pad to change the value from 5 to 0.
- 5 is the maximum amount of motion blur, and 0 will turn motion blur off completely.
You must update Final Fantasy 16 to the latest version in order to change the motion blur. To do so, follow these instructions:
- On the home screen, select Final Fantasy 16.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Check for Update in the menu.
You can also improve the motion blur in FF16 by switching to the Frame Rate mode in the Graphics Settings menu. This will significantly reduce motion blur but at the cost of visual fidelity.
This ability to alter the motion blur in FF16 was added in the 1.03 patch. The patch also added new controller layouts, changed the maximum setting for camera sensitivity, and corrected some text issues.
Prior to this update, there was no way to alter the motion blur in FF16. This led to a lot of players complaining that it ruined the experience for them, as the motion blur was so present and distracting.