If you’ve encountered the Cut from the Cloth side quest in FF16, you may have realized there’s a choice you need to make at the very end.
Hortense, the quest giver, will ask which of the three cloth types you prefer. However, it’s unclear how this choice will affect the final outcome of the mission or if it will at all.
Below we’ve outlined exactly what happens when you pick the three choices and what rewards you get for this quest depending on your final choice.
Do the Cut From the Cloth Choices Matter?
No, it does not matter which choice you make at the end of the FF16 side quest, Cut from the Cloth. They all give you the exact same rewards and result in the same ending.
Here are all the choices and results for the Cut from the Cloth side quest:
|Black Embroidered Linen||Ends the quest, and the player gets 50 Steelsilk.|
|White Continental Silk||Ends the quest, and the player gets 50 Steelsilk.|
|Lush Red Velvet||Ends the quest, and the player gets 50 Steelsilk.|
Regardless of which option you pick, Clive will say, “This one… I suppose,” after which he and Hortense will talk about how Jill likes to sew. The conversation and dialogue are the exact same, with no variations if you pick different options.
Additionally, you will always get 50 Steelsilk, 500 Skill Points, 800 Gold, and 15 renown as a reward for this quest, no matter which cloth you choose.
How to Complete the Cut From the Cloth Side Quest
To complete the Cut from the Cloth side quest in FF16, you must first talk to Hortense, then travel to Northreach and speak to the Draper.
Next, head South towards Glorieuse and speak to the Merchant. You’ll have to fight a Hired Heavy (essentially a Stone Gaoler), then head back to Hortense and hand her the bundle of cloth.
Here is a comprehensive walkthrough of the Cut from the Cloth side quest in FF16:
- Head to the Boarding Deck of the Hideaway and talk to Hortense.
- Once the quest has begun, fast travel to Northreach.
- Locate the Draper in the market and speak to her.
- She’ll instruct you to find the missing caravan.
- Head South towards Glorieuse, and you’ll find two men talking next to a Caravan.
- One of the men will summon a level 26 Hired Heavy, who you’ll need to fight.
- Once you’ve defeated him, you’ll need to watch a brief cutscene.
- After the cutscene ends, fast-travel to the Hideaway and talk to Hortense.
- Pick any of the three options, and then the mission will be completed.
You get the Cut from the Cloth side quest from Hortense, who you will find in the Boarding Deck part of the Hideaway. You can only get the quest once you’ve started the After the Storm main quest.