This is every weapon in Fortnite ranked from best to worst in the only tier list you’ll need to win.
In Fortnite, obtaining the right loot is almost as important as not landing somewhere where you’ll only find grenades.
Despite being a battle royale, not all loot in Fortnite is equal. So even if you find a weapon, this doesn’t mean your looting is done. There are clear weapons in Fortnite that dominate the meta and will repeatedly lead players to victory.
So here is every weapon in Fortnite ranked from most likely to win you a crown to most likely to send you back to the battle bus.
Fortnite Weapon Tier List – Chapter 3 Season 3
This weapon tier list is meant to reflect the current meta in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3—the season where players can battle Darth Vader for the higher ground.
|S||Heavy Sniper Rifle, Ranger Assault Rifle, DMR|
|A||Stinger SMG, Sidearm Pistol, Auto Shotgun, Hammer Assault Rifle, Shadow Tracker|
|B||Strike Pump Shotgun, E11 Blaster Rifle, Two-Shot Shotgun, Strike Burst Rifle|
|C||Revolver, The Dub, Boom Sniper Rifle|
|D||Charged SMG, Marksman Six Shooter,|
The latest update vaulted the Combat SMG. Otherwise, it would have been an S-Tier weapon. Thankfully, the Ranger Assault Rifle, one of the best weapons in the Fortnite Zero Build meta, is still on the island.
Many players will say that weapon type doesn’t matter and that rarity is more important. But if you use a Legendary Ranger Assault Rifle and then switch to Legendary Revolver, you’ll feel the difference instantly.
Here is a breakdown of what each tier means:
- S Tier: These weapons are deadly. Great recoil control, heavy damage, and a sense of reliability you won’t find anywhere else. They will give you a fighting chance even if the enemy shoots first.
- A Tier: These weapons will carry you to a crown with no problem. They may be a little more situational, but they pack a punch when used correctly.
- B Tier: Great weapons if you don’t have anything better lying around. They can be useful to defeat unsuspecting players and loot better weapons from them.
- C Tier: Good weapons, but don’t expect to outgun anyone in the final circles. You’ll need a lot of situational awareness and excellent movement control to win with these.
- D Tier: You probably picked these up from a random bathroom and haven’t been able to find loot since. It happens.
Where to Find the Best Weapons in Fortnite
Players will be able to find the best weapons in Fortnite by dropping in locations with active quests and plenty of buildings.
There are usually chests inside of buildings, and these are your best bet at great loot. But sometimes, all you find are grenades and bandages.
Thankfully, with the addition of Reality Seeds, players will no longer need to suffer with terrible loot for a whole game. Planting reality seeds allows players to obtain Legendary and Mythic loot right from the beginning!
The best locations to drop into in Fortnite include:
- Tilted Towers
- The Daily Bugle
- Rave Cave
- Chonker’s Speedway
- Sleepy Sound
- Shifty Shafts
- Pawntoon – Fortnite Loot Boat
Drop in these locations, and you’re guaranteed to find at least one A-Tier weapon or maybe even a Legendary Ranger Assault Rifle.
The Daily Bugle is also near a few locations you’ll need to visit if you’re hoping to unlock Indiana Jones in Fortnite!