The Elder Wand is one of the most powerful weapons in this Wizarding universe, but aside from this single mission, players won’t be able to use it or possess the original again.
The brief appearance of the Elder Wand in Hogwarts Legacy is just one of the many references and Easter Eggs found in the game.
Is the Elder Wand in Hogwarts Legacy?
While you can not unlock or use the wand normally in Hogwarts Legacy, you will use it briefly while completing the quest “Niamh Fitzpatrick’s Trial“.
This quest will put you up against Death, where Niamh will grant you the wand to take on Death’s minions. However, once the mission is complete, you can not use the wand again.
You will also come across the other two Deathly Hallows in this mission, the invisibility cloak and the Resurrection Stone. However, you will not be able to keep these items either.
In the Harry Potter universe, The Deathly Hallows were believed to be magical items created by Death and whoever possessed all three at the same time would become the “Master of Death”.
How to Get an Elder Wand Replica in Hogwarts Legacy
There are two ways for players to get a replica Elder Wand in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Method #1 – Completing the Wizarding World Quiz
- To get an Elder Wand before you begin your Hogwarts Legacy journey, you will need to create an account at Wizarding World. From there you will be prompted to “Discover Your Wand” by answering seven questions.
- There are three different versions of the Elder Wand you can receive based on the answers you give.
|Question||Answers for Phoenix Core Elder Wand||Answers for Dragon Core Elder Wand||Answers for Unicorn Core Elder Wand|
|First of all, would you describe yourself as...||Any||Any||Any|
|And your eyes...||Blue||Blue||Blue|
|Was the day on which you were born..||Any||Any||Any|
|Do you most pride yourself on your..||Intelligence||Intelligence||Intelligence|
|Traveling alone down a deserted road, you reach a crossroads. Do you continue...||Right towards the castle||Right towards the castle||Right towards the castle|
|Do you most fear...||Darkness||Heights||Fire|
|In a chest of magical artifacts, which would you choose...||Bound Scroll||Silver Dagger||Glittering Jewel|
Once you have completed the quiz, you will be prompted to discover your house. Where you will then be asked to link your Wizarding World account to your WB games account.
- Method #2 – Create a replica in-game
- You can create a wand similar to the Elder wand.
- However, if you have already made your wand in-game, you will be unable to create another unless you reload the save from the beginning.
- When you reach the point of the story where you receive your own wand, follow these customization options and you will have an Elder Wand of your own:
- Wand Style – Stalk
- Wand Color (Variation) – Dark Brown
- Wood Type – Elder
- Core Type – Phoenix Feather
- Flexibility – Hard
- Wand Length – 14 and a half inches
The finished replica won’t look exactly like the famous wand but it will be the closest you can get.
If you are wanting to restart your game or you are just beginning Hogwarts Legacy, check out these other famous wand customizations before settling on the Elder Wand replica.