The Lands Between is filled with secret locations, accessible only through portals like those atop a hill in Liurnia. Here’s how you can find and access the Elden Ring Four Belfries gateways, and where they’ll take you.
FromSoftware doubled down on surprise player relocations in Elden Ring, perhaps in an effort to introduce gamers to every region of the world early on.
If you’re not getting knocked out and teleported by a sinister treasure chest, you’re voluntarily stepping through a Sending Gate and being transported somewhere new.
However, the most significant of all Sending Gates in Elden Ring are actually entirely missable. Here’s where you can find the Four Belfries, and what you can expect if you journey through each tower’s portal.
Where to Find Elden Ring’s Four Belfries
The Four Belfries are located in the western area of Liurnia of the Lakes, just north of the Revenger’s Shack Site of Grace.
Whilst you’re around this part of the map, find this unique shield nearby that can boost your attack power!
Imbued Sword Keys
The Imbued Keys are the only way to access each Belfry portal, as they’re locked by default. Here is how to get every Imbued Key:
- The fourth Belfry forgoes a portal in favor of a chest. But, this is no trap chest. This box contains an Imbued Sword Key.
- Raya Lucaria Academy Rooftops: On the eastern side, lootable from a corpse:
- Start from the Debate Parlor Site of Grace in the Raya Lucaria Academy
- Exit towards the courtyard, and take the broken staircase on the left; it is more of a pile of dirt and debris than an actual staircase
- Follow this path, and right before the doorway, jump left over the railing
- After following this path, jump from the railing with the corpse down to the rooftops
- Follow the path on the rooftops and climb the ladder up
- Once you reach the end of this path, you can descend by jumping down to some rooftops
- Eventually, you will find a body on an eastern rooftop, you can loot the Imbued Stone Key from this corpse
- Sellia, Town of Sorcery: In the heart of Caelid, locked behind a magical seal. Light the braziers around town to break the seal and loot the key.
Once you have all three Imbued Sword Keys, return to the Four Belfries and approach each portal. Before inserting each key, take note of the messages on the floor glowing brighter than the rest.
These are left by FromSoftware giving you a cryptic hint at where each portal will send you. Read on to decipher each clue.
The First Belfry: “Crumbling Lands”
Belfry portal number one leads you to Crumbling Farum Azula.
The area you arrive in is not accessible when you head there during the late game, so be sure to check it out. Once you reach this decrepit site, you’ll notice immediately how hostile it is.
Be aware that you’ll need to do some platforming, and battle some enemies whilst you’re at it. Therefore, try to keep yourself lightweight and agile.
Keep descending across the floating rubble, and you’ll find a corpse holding onto the Pearldrake Talisman. This item boosts your Tarnished’s non-physical damage negation!
If you’re wondering how to access the full Crumbling Farum Azula region, check out our guide on how to reach this advanced area, but beware of spoilers!
The Second Belfry: “Precipice of Anticipation”
Belfry portal two leads to the Chapel of Anticipation, otherwise known as “Elden Ring’s starting area.”
The Grafted Scion is still here, and it’s ready for round two. Now you’re stronger and wiser, you can defeat it and claim the loot that it holds:
The Golden Beast Crest Shield and the Ornamental Straight Sword drop from the Scion, but make sure you also loot the Stormhawk King Ashes and Stormhawk Deenh Ashes.
The former is a key item for Nepheli Loux’s questline, so follow our guide to finish off her objectives.
In fact, the Chapel of Anticipation is a crucial location for a few reasons. White Mask Varre’s quest brings you here, during which you can obtain an item to give you unlimited multiplayer invasions!
The Third Belfry: “Night Sky Unceasing”
The third and final Belfry portal takes you to Nokron, Eternal City, which permanently rests beneath the stars.
There’s a significant enemy to take down in this area: A Lesser Crucible Knights. Here’s our guide to killing a boss version, so go and get some practice in first.
Once you’re free to explore safely again, grab the Mottled Necklace. This jewelry is actually a Talisman, boosting your Robustness, Immunity & Focus.
Not sure how to access Nokron, Eternal City? Here’s the answer, in our guide explaining everything you need to do!
Nokron is also key to one of Elden Ring’s biggest quests. Follow our guide to complete Ranni the Witch’s epic adventure, with ending-altering capabilities!