Here’s where you can find every Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone in Elden Ring so you can upgrade your unique armaments to +10!
Elden Ring has plenty of weapons to choose from, but you’ll need to upgrade them if you want to stand a chance in the late and end game.
While you can use standard Smithing Stones on normal weapons, special armaments require Somber Smithing Stones to upgrade. And to get these unique weapons up to +10, you’ll need these stones of the Ancient Dragon variety.
There are only 8 Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones in the game – here’s where you can find them!
But first, find out how to get the best special armaments in Elden Ring:
All Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone Locations + Maps
Once you know how to get to Consecrated Snowfield in Elden Ring, you can pick up two different Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones there.
- The first one you can get by defeating the NPC invader Anastasia, Tarnished-Eater after her third invasion. This invasion takes place south of Ordina, Liturgical Town.
- The second Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone can be obtained by completing Latenna’s questline. You will have to summon the Latenna the Albinauric Spirit Ash Summon at the door of the giant Albinauric woman at Apostate Derelict.
After you take the secret portal to get to Mohgwyn Palace, you can find another of these rare smithing stones here:
- The Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone here is near Dynasty Mausoleum Midpoint. You can loot it from a chest under a huge statue.
Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree
Getting to Miquella’s Haligtree in Elden Ring is tough, but it’s worth it. There are 3 Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones in Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree:
- The first one is in a chest near the Prayer Room Site of Grace. This chest is hidden in a small room between columns – you can get there by jumping down to the gazebo with the red scarab and running up the diagonal support on the side.
- There is another Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone near the Putrid Avatar on a corpse on the ring walkway in the east. You can get there from the Prayer Room Site of Grace by following a beam to a tower and working your way down
- You can acquire the final one after completing Millicent’s questline. Check our guide on how to beat Malenia in Elden Ring and once she is defeated insert the gold needle into Malenia’s scarlet flower.
Crumbling Farum Azula
Once you know how to get to Crumbling Farum Azula in Elden Ring, you can also get another one of these rare smithing stones there:
- The Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone here is found in a Gazebo behind the Farum Azula Dragon.
Leyndell, Ashen Capital
You can get the final Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone near the Capital of Ash Site of Grace.
- From the Grace, go west along the dragon and into the building. Climb the ladder and hop over the railing to the right. The Smithing Stone is on a corpse next to a gargoyle.
And those are all of the Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone Location in Elden Ring! Make sure to grab these if you want to upgrade your unique weapons to +10!
Best Elden Ring Weapons For Your Build:
- Top 10 Strength & Dexterity Weapons in Elden Ring
- Top 10 Faith & Intelligence Weapons in Elden Ring
- 10 Best Arcane Weapons in Elden Ring
Also, give Loving Jill’s video below a watch if you need some more help locating these Smithing Stones!