If you are looking for a majestic dragon to fight in Elden Ring, look no further than the Lichdragon Fortissax!
Elden Ring has numerous outstanding bosses around every corner. You rarely finish a gaming session without finding an impressive and exciting boss battle.
It is a staple of the series to make players face these tough-as-nails bosses to keep the rewarding failure-reward gameplay loop Soulslikes are famous for alive.
In Elden Ring, most, if not all, the obligatory boss fights are quite remarkable. But, this is not to say that the game packs a ton of incredible optional bosses.
Lichdragon Fortissax is an optional boss in Elden Ring. However, this optional status does not mean it is not an impressive fight.
Here is how you can find this optional boss in Elden Ring!
Where to Find Lichdragon Fortissax in Elden Ring
Lichdragon Fortissax is an optional boss that you can fight after defeating Fia’s Champions and giving her the Cursemark of Death at the Prince of Death’s Throne in Deeproot Depths.
Once you find Fia, follow these instructions to unlock the Lichdragon Fortissax boss fight:
- Give her the Cursemark of Death
- Let her hold you and exhaust her dialogue, remember to get rid of the Radiant Baldachin’s Blessing she gives you from your inventory
- Rest on the Site of Grace in this arena
- Go near Fia once again, she should now be asleep; if she is not, talk to her once again and rest on the Site of Grace one more time
- Interact with Fia while she is asleep and select the “Enter the Deathbed Dream” option, and this will transport you to the arena to fight this boss
Read More: Best Sword For Every Build in Elden Ring
Best Strategy to Defeat Lichdragon Fortissax
Now that you have found Lichdragon Fortissax, it is time to defeat it!
Lichdragon Fortissax Strategy
Lichdragon Fortissax – Damage Strategy
- You can summon Spirit Ashes and co-op help for this boss battle to deal extra damage.
- As soon as this boss battle starts, Lichdragon Fortissax summons lightning all over the arena. You can clearly see where these lightning bolts will strike by watching the electric mark on the floor.
- As soon as each lightning strikes, each will leave a small cloud of Instant Death behind. Move out immediately. If your Instant Death status bar fills, it will end the fight for you.
- You can get some damage in by running towards Lichdragon Fortissax as soon as the boss fight begins. This boss stays immobile for some seconds at the start as it summons lightning. Do not get greedy! Lichdragon can get airborne and shoot fire straight below. For this reason, getting a couple of hits in and running is the safest bet.
- Whenever you hit this boss, you will get a lightning mark! Make sure to walk away whenever it is close to exploding.
- Try to stay on the back of Lichdragon Fortissax to deal damage. You can land around 3 to 4 hits each time. Just make sure to focus on any upcoming lightning arches from when it hits the ground with its hands.
Loving all the optional quests and content in Elden Ring? Here are some quests you might be interested in completing:
- Elden Ring: How to Complete Latenna Questline – Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone Reward
- Brother Corhyn Questline Guide & Where to Find Goldmask
- How to Complete Nepheli Loux Questline – Full Quest Guide
- How to Complete Kenneth Haight Questline – Full Quest Guide
- Elden Ring: How to Complete Diallos Questline – Get Hoslow’s Petal Whip & Diallos’s Mask
- How to Complete Dung Eater Questline – Guide & Seedbed Curse Locations
Attacks to Avoid
- When this boss hits the ground with its hands, it will usually create a lightning wave on the ground that splits in four directions. Try to run or move through the diagonal of this attack. Rolling through this attack is pretty hard and will almost always result in damage if attempted.
- Once you have chipped away some of the boss’ HP, it will start using a couple of additional airborne attacks.
- One of the airborne attacks of Lichdragon Fortissax in Elden Ring includes breathing fire downwards like all the dragon enemies in the game. You can dodge this attack as you did with all the previous dragons.
- This boss can summon a lightning sword and dash downwards to strike you with it as it is airborne. This attack can be dodged, but the timing can be complicated. To evade this one, dodge it at the very last moment.
- As well, sometimes Lichdragon Fortissax can summon this sword while on land. When that happens, it will strike it in the ground and create an area attack similar to when it hits the ground with its hands.
- This boss can sometimes crawl toward you, and your first instinct could be to get closer to get in some damage. DO NOT do this! Sometimes as you get closer, Lichdragon Fortissax can get airborne and instantly attack you with its lightning sword.
- As the battle progress, it is very likely the boss will summon more lightning, causing more Instant Death clouds. Make sure to avoid these clouds at all costs.
- If the boss stands in its legs and starts pivoting, this means it has summoned a sword and will make one or two area attacks. If it does not pivot, you can expect a regular lightning arc caused by the boss hitting the ground with its hands.
This is not an easy boss battle. However, with these tips and a few tries, you should defeat Lichdragon Fortissax in Elden Ring in no time!