Elden Ring Spirt Ashes can be the difference between life and death in a boss fight, so here’s where you can find them all.
Elden Ring is a punishing fantasy adventure that takes you through the incredible Lands Between. As Tarnished, Players have braved the lands and discovered some incredible bosses.
Some are mesmerizing battles like the Starscrouage Radahn fight, a battle where the gravity sorcery isn’t the only thing pulling you in.
Others are more rage-inducing and unpredictable, like Margit the Fell Omen, the first main boss you’ll face in Elden Ring.
But, all of them are incredibly challenging. So players will need to use all the items at their disposal to overcome them. One of the most essential items you’ll need to get familiar with is Spirit Ashes.
Read More: Elden Ring Review
What Are Spirit Ashes & How to Summon Them
To summon Spirit Ashes, players must first get the Spirit Calling Bell and then the desired Spirit Ash.
Players will find Spirit Ash Summons scattered throughout the Lands Between. Once found, players will be able to use their Spirit Calling Bell, located in the early stages of Limgrave, to summon a fallen spirit to aid in battle.
Here’s how you can summon a Spirit Ash.
- Equip the Spirit Ash to your inventory. Once equipped it will appear next to your flasks.
- Summoning Spirits consumes Focus Points. So make sure you understand what Focus Points are and how to gain more.
- Players can only summon one Spirit at a time.
- Players can only summon spirits near a rebirth monument. You will see a small icon on the left side of the screen when near one.
- You can not leave the area they summoned their spirit in.
- Players can not resummon a spirit if they are killed during battle.
Being able to summon Spirits adds a whole new approach to how players can engage in encounters. There are other forms of magic, Incantations and Sorceries, that players can use to unleash devastating abilities.
Players will only be able to summon Spirit Ash Summons when playing alone. If you have summoned friends for help, you will not be able to use Spirit Ashes.
Every Spirt Ash Summon Location in Elden Ring
As players progress through Elden Ring, you will find multiple Spirt Ash Summons to aid you in battle.
Every Spirit Ash will function differently. Some are more defensive, some are ranged, but all are useful. Here’s where you can find them all.
- Albinauric Ashes – Found on a corpse in Caria Manor. Once you defeat Royal Knight Loretta, you will have access to a graveyard on the east. You’ll find the corpse here.
- Ancestral Followers Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Ancestor Spirit boss in Hallowhorn Grounds. Players will need to light six altars in Siofra River before they can unlock this area.
- Ancient Dragon Knight Kristoff Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Ancient Hero of Zamor in the Sainted Hero’s Grave. Players can find t Sainted Hero’s Grave can be found in the west area of Leyndell. Careful because there will be a Black Knife Assassin guarding the Sainted Hero’s Grave.
- Archer Ashes – Found on a corpse in Nostkella, Eternal City. You’ll find it behind one of the buildings.
- Avionette Soldier Ashes – Can be found on a corpse in Raya Lucaria Academy. After you take the rotating lift down you will see the corpse laying there.
- Banished Knight Engval Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Grave Warden Duelist in the Murkwater Catacombs. You can find the Murkwater Catacombs by following the ravine in Limgrave north.
- Banished Knight Oleg Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Ulcerated Tree Spirit boss. The Unclerated Tree Spirit can be found in Fringefolk Hero’s Grave. To access this area you will need to use two Stonesword Keys.
- Battlemage Hugues Ashes – Dropped after defeating Battlemage Hugues. Battlemage Hugues is actually an evergaol boss so you’ll find this battle in the Sellia Evergaol. You can find this evergaol on a cliff overlooking the Aeonia Swamp on the western side of Caelid.
- Black Knife Tiche – Dropped after defeating Alecto, Blackknife Ringleader at the Ringleader’s Evergaol in the southwestern area of Liurnia of the Lakes. Players will be able to access this area after defeating Astel, Natural Born of the Void.
- Blackflame Monk Amon – Dropped after defeating the Stray Mimic Tear boss located in the Grand Lift of Rold, in the Forbidden Lands. It’s worth noting that this area can only be found after discovering the Forbidden lands using the Haligtree Swamp Medallion.
- Bloodhound Knight Floh – Can be found in a chest after defeating the Red Wolf of the Champion in Gelmir Hero’s Grave. Gelmir Hero’s Grave can be found in Mt. Gelmir, north of the Hermit Village.
- Clayman Ashes – Can be found on a corpse after making your way into the Ainsel River. The easiest way to do this is by following the steps in Ranni’s questline.
- Cleanrot Knight Finlay – Can be found in Elphael, Brace of the Halligtree. This is a legacy dungeon that you will need to clear to progress the storyline. It will be located in a chest that is protected by a knight.
- Crystalian Ashes – Can be found in a chest in the Sellia Hallway in Caelid. Sellia Hallway is a little trick to get to. You’ll need to go north of Sellia, Town of Sorcery behind a tombstone guarded by a battlemage. You’ll need to hit the wall and the pathway to the cave will appear.
- Demi-Human Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Erdtree Burial Watchdog. You can find this at the end of the Impaler’s Catacombs located in the Weeping Peninsula.
- Depraved Perfumer Carmaan Ashes – Can be found on a corpse in Volcano Manor and in Mt. Gelmir.
- Dolors the Sleeping Arrow Ashes – Can be bought from Seluvis for Starlight Shards.
- Dung Eater Puppet – Found by giving Dung Eater the potion that Seluvis gives to you for Nepheli. Dung Eater is found in the Roundtable Hold. Once given you can find his puppet in Seluvis Tower.
- Fanged Imp Ashes – You can select this spirit ash as a Keepsake when first creating your character. You can also purchase it from the Isolated Merchant in Liurna of the Lakes for 2000 Runes.
- Finger Maiden Therolina Ashes – This can only be bought after completing Ranni’s Questline from Seluvis. You will need starlight shards in order to purchase it.
- Giant Rat Ashes – Can be found in the West Windmill Pasture in the Atlus Plateau. You’ll find it in a stable with some enemies.
- Glinstone Sorcerer Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Spirit Caller Snail in Road End’s Catacombs. These catacombs can be found in the southwestern area of Liurna of the Lakes.
- Godrick Soldier Ashes – Found in a cemetery in Stormhill towards the north side of Limgrave. You’ll find it near a grave surrounded by spirit jelly fish.
- Greatshield Soldier Ashes – Found on a corpse in Nokron, Eternal City. You’ll find it on a graveyard guarded by some enemies. It can be tricky getting to Nokron, so make sure you know what to do.
- Haligtree Soldier Ashes – This can be found in Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree.
- Jarwight Puppet – Can only be bought after completing Ranni’s Questline from Seluvis. You will find Seluvis in the Three Sisters area after defeating Royal Knight Loretta.
- Kaiden Sellsword Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Erdtree Burial Watchdog. You can find the Erdtree Burial Watchdog in the Cliffbottom Catacombs on the southwestern area of Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Kindred of Rot Ashes – Dropped by the Cemetery Shade boss found in the Caelid Catacombs. You can find the Caelid Catacombs the southern part of Caelid. West of Redmane Castle.
- Land Squirt Ashes – Found on the easten shore of Liurna of the Lakes. It’ll be near a few land quirt enemies.
- Latenna the Albinauric – Dropped after defeating the Bloodhound Knight boss at the end of the Lakeside Crystal Cave. You can find this cave on the southwestern part of Liurna of the Lakes.
- Leyndell Soldiers Spirit Ashes – Can be found in Sainted Hero’s Grave. Make your way down the Grave until the floor crumbles. Then make your way up and a corpse should be revealed with the spirt ashes.
- Lhutel the Headless Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Cemetery Shade. You can find the Cemetery Shade in the Tombsward Catacombs in the Weeping Peninsula.
- Lone Wolf Ashes – Given to players by Renna at the Church of Elleh. One of the first items you should acquire in Limgrave during your first hours.
- Mad Pumpkin Head Ashes – Dropped after defeating the twin Erdtree Burial Watchdogs in the Minor Erdtree Catacombs. You can find these catacombs in the north area of Caelid.
- Man-Sepernt Ashes – Can be found in Volcano Manor in Mt. Gelmir. Next to the Volcano Manor Site of Grace.
- Marionette Soldier Ashes – Found on a corpse in the Raya Lucaria Academy. You’ll find the corpse near a ledge by some Marionette Soldier ashes.
- Mimic Tear Ashes – Can only be acquired after defeating Starscourage Radahn and unlocking Nokron, the Eternal City. You’ll find it inside a chest behind an imp statue inside a temple in the Night’s Sacred Ground. Here’s the full guide! Radahn can be a difficult fight so you might need to level up a bit before taking him on.
- Miranda Sprout Ashes – Can be found in the Caelid Catacombs in the southern area of the Caelid. Make your way through the Catacombs until you reach an open area with a thin staircase. Drop down to the floor and behind you should be a small area under the platform you were just at. The corner wall will disappear if you attack it. Here you will find the Miranda Sprout Ashes.
- Nepheli Loux Puppet – Can be found with Seluvis after completing his questline.
- Nightmaiden & Swordstress Puppets – Found in Nokron, the Eternal City. It’ll be in a chest guarded by two Swordstresses.
- Noble Sorcerer Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Erdtree Burial Watchdog located in the Stormfoot Catacombs. You can find these catacombs in the eastern side of the Weeping Peninsula.
- Nomad Ashes – Found beneath Leyndell, the Royal Capital in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.
- Omenkiller Rollo – Dropped after defeating the Fell Twins in the Capital Outskirts.
- Oracle Envoy Ashes – Can be found in Miquella’s Haligtree.
- Page Ashes – Found in the final room of the Cliffbottom Catacombs in a tomb. The catacombs can be found in Liurna of the Lakes.
- Perfumer Tricia – Dropped after defeating the Perfumer Tricia & Misbegotten Warrior in the Unsightly Catacombs. You can find the Unsightly Catacombs in the southern part of Mt. Gelmir. Near the Hermit Village.
- Putrid Coprse Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Frenzied Duelist in Goal Cave in Caelid. You can find Goal Cave in the eastern section of Caelid.
- Radahn Soldier Ashes – Can be found in the Wardead Catacombs in Caelid. This area can only be accessed after defeating Starscrouge Radahn.
- Raya Lucaria Soldier Ashes – Found at the end of the Road’s End Catacombs inside a chest. When you’re in the final room, hit the wall at the end and it’ll reveal a hidden room filled with Jade Goblins. You can find the Road’s End Catacombs in the southwestern part of Liurna of the Lakes.
- Redmane Knight Ogha Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Putrid Tree Spirit at the Wardead Catacombs in Caelid. To access these catacombs you will need to defeat Starscrouge Radahn.
- Rotten Stray Ashes – Found near Sellia, Town of Sorcery. Can be found just north of the Sellia Under-Stair Site of Grace.
- Skeletal Bandit Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Tibia Mariner boss in the eastern part of Liurna of the Lakes.
- Skeletal Militiamen Ashes – Dropped after defeating the Tibia Mariner boss in the northeastern part of Liurna of the Lakes. In Summonwater Village.
- Spirit Jellyfish Ashes – Given to you by Roderika after talking to her multiple times. Players will be able to find Roderika in Stormhill Shack on their way to Stormveil Castle.
- Stormhawk Deenh – Found in the Chapel of Anticipation, the starting area for Elden Ring players. Once you are able to make your return through a portal in the Four Belfries.
- Twinsage Sorcerer Ashes – Dropped by defeating the Cemetery Shade that is located in the Black Knife Catacombs. You can find the Black Knife Catacombs in the northeastern part of Liurna of the Lakes.
- Wandering Noble Ashes – Can be found in the Stormfood Catacombs in the western are of Limgrave. Just make your way to the end of the catacombs. Just climb the ladders.
- Warhawk Ashes – Can be earned as a reward for completing the Prophecy Painting quest in Elden Ring.
- Winged Misbegotten Ashes – Can be found in the Unsightly Catacombs towards the end of the catacombs. In the area between Liurna of the Lakes and Mt. Gelmir.
- Vulgar Militia Men – Can be found in Auriza Hero’s Grave near the bottom. Auriza Hero’s Grave can be found near the Capital Outskirts. Towards the northeastern part of the area. To get there you’ll need to ride past three giants and some bears so be ready to evade.
If you’ve found a Spirit Ash that isn’t listed, let us know in the comments!