If you’re a fan of invading other players in Elden Ring, you’ll need to get your hands on the Bloody Finger.
Invading is a major part of the Souls franchise and indeed Elden Ring too. However, you don’t have to get involved with the mechanic at all, should you prefer.
In fact, it’s possible to play Elden Ring offline and avoid invasions entirely. Right now, a lot of players are doing just that, as a solution to an ongoing issue.
But if you’re enjoying traveling into other players’ worlds to kill them on their journey through the Lands Between, you’ll need this item.
- Added information about a secondary PvE method to progress on Varre's quest introduced in Update 1.06
- Added several additional options for the Lord of Blood’s Favor section of this quest
How to Get the Bloody Finger in Elden Ring
- To get your hands on the Bloody Finger in Elden Ring, first you’ll need to beat Godrick the Grafted.
- After that, speak to White-Faced Varre in the area where you first entered Limgrave at the start of the game.
- Varre will get you an audience with the Two Fingers, allowing you to visit a new location in the Roundtable Hold where you can talk with Enia the Finger Reader (fast travel location in the bottom left of your map).
- Then, travel to Rose Church, shown below.
- Talk to Varre once more, and choose the option ‘They didn’t seem right”.
- Here, the NPC will give you 5 Festering Bloody Fingers.
- Use these items to invade at least 3 other players and hopefully take one down too.
- If you can not or do not want to do these online invasions to progress this quest, you can head to the Writheblood Ruins, east of the Bridge of Iniquity Site of Grace, in Altus Plateau. Here you can interact with the Red Summon Sign in this area to invade Magnus the Beast Claw’s world. Just like before, you do not have to defeat the NPC to progress this quest.
- After invading three players or invading Magnus the Beast Claw’s world, return to Rose Church and speak to Varre once more.
- This time, you’ll be tasked with wiping a cloth in the blood of a maiden. There are three locations where you can achieve this:
- Head to the Church of Inhibition directly northeast of the Rose Church, right before Altus Plateau. There will be a maiden corpse there you can interact with.
- Head to the Four Belfries and activate the northmost portal. This will take you to the Chapel of Anticipation. Inside the chapel is a maiden corpse you can interact with.
- Kill Irinia in the Weeping Peninsula. Doing this does not affect Hyetta’s quest.
- In the highest Belfry, you’ll find an Imbued Sword Key waiting in a chest.
- Then take the key to the second highest Belfry to unlock a portal to the Chapel of Anticipation.
- Next up is a boss fight against the Grafted Scion, which you might recognize as the enemy that killed most players at the start of the game.
- Then, boss defeated, head across the bridge to the South, where you’ll find a dead maiden in the Chapel of Anticipation.
- Dye the cloth with the maiden’s blood, and return to Varre to receive the Bloody Finger.
Interestingly, your eyes will also turn red when becoming a Bloody Finger-holder. Here’s how to get gold eyes or turn off the red in Elden Ring!
If you’re a fan of invading, you need to be using this insane vampire build item for Elden Ring. After all, with limited flasks to work with, healing from your enemies is key.
Or grab yourself the ridiculous Rivers of Blood Katana for some heavy bleed damage and style.