FromSoftware presents Elden Ring players with a slew of different approaches to combat, encouraging variety from start to finish. If you want to angle towards a ranged build, here’s where you can buy a bow!
Bows are especially useful for taking down enemies from afar, whether that’s to maintain an element of secrecy or if they’re simply out of melee range.
However, not every class starts out with a bow in its inventory. On top of that, it’s not explicitly explained to you where a bow can be purchased.
This is FromSoftware, after all. Elden Ring is typically vague in guiding your progress, so here’s where you can trade your Runes for a bow.
Need to farm some Runes to fund your personal war effort? Here’s how you can obtain an infinite number of Runes!
- Added information for location accuracy of each item
- Added more accurate supporting images
Where to Find a Shortbow in Limgrave
You can buy a Shortbow from the Nomadic Merchant in Limgrave:
- From the First Step Site of Grace (the first Grace in open Limgrave), travel west. You’ll arrive at a beach.
- Head south along the sand, but ignore the Coastal Cave dungeon, for now.
- Ride further until you find a huge rock arch. Camped beneath it is the merchant you’re looking for. This merchant sells the Shortbow for 600 Runes.
Tired of horsing around and want to get into the action faster? Here’s every Site of Grace so you can cut down on your travel time!
It’s nothing fancy, but it’ll get the job done. Well, sometimes. Don’t worry, you’ll be looting better bows in no time, once you journey deeper into the Lands Between.
Since you’re with the merchant already, don’t forget to stock up on arrows if you’ve got some Runes going spare. And with this bow costing just 600 Runes, it’s likely you will have.
Buying a Longbow in the Roundtable Hold
Follow these steps to purchase a bow at the Roundtable Hold:
- Travel to the Roundtable Hold via your map.
- Head past the ever-silent Ensha of the Royal Remains. In the next room, you’ll find a decrepit being known as the Twin Maiden Husks.
- The Twin Maiden Husks sells a Longbow for 1200 Runes. So, whilst the Longbow might not do anything unique, it should get you through to your next boss encounter and beyond.
The Longbow is superior to the Shortbow in every way, even down to the range (50 vs. 29, respectively).
Speaking of boss fights, you may still need to defeat Margit, the Fell Omen. Here’s the best strategy to take him down and progress through Stormveil Castle!
Want to find every Bell-Bearing so that the Twin Husks stock more items? Here are the locations of every one of them for you to hunt down!
Or perhaps you want to head straight for the best weapons in the game? This is where you can find Elden Ring’s Legendary Armaments!