The Valiant Gargoyle boss fight is one of the more frustrating encounters in Elden Ring – here’s how to come out on top!
Elden Ring is known for its notoriously difficult gameplay, but its boss fights are what truly secure the game’s reputation as ‘rage-inducing’.
If you’re heading into the Valiant Gargoyle fight, why not make sure you have one of the best early-game weapons in Elden Ring upgraded and ready? We also recommend bringing a way to counteract Poison as the boss just loves to hit you with the extra damage.
Where to Find Valiant Gargoyle Boss Fight in Elden Ring
If you’re looking for the Valiant Gargoyle Boss fight, you can find this boss near the Siofra Aqueduct in Nokron, Eternal City.
Here’s where to go to track down the powerful encounter:
- First, you’ll need to defeat General Radahn, one of the game’s mandatory boss fights.
- Next, check out this guide on getting to Nokron, Eternal City, where the Valiant Gargoyle resides.
- From the Site of Grace, head outside and through the stone arch to the East.
- Continue down the stairs and keep running East to face off against the Mimic boss fight. Interestingly, it’s easiest to beat this boss if you take off your armor and unequip your weapons first, as the boss will copy your current appearance.
- After you’re done, here’s how to find your own Mimic Tear Summon – one of the best Summons in Elden Ring! This summon is particularly good at beating the Gargoyle too, so be sure to grab it ASAP.
- From the new Site of Grace here, head along the bridge ahead until you pass through the far archway, then veer left and follow the stone path up.
- Behind the singing enemies, carry on through the trees and head to the North-East, past the Jellyfish.
- Drop down to the ledge to the North and you’ll find a Site of Grace in the cave ahead.
- Continue through the cave and drop down right at the end of the ledge, onto the platform connecting you to the structure to the East.
- If you wish, you can fight the Crucible Knight on the bridge using our guide, but he’s a tough encounter! Thankfully, you’ll get a strong shield for your efforts. Alternatively, snipe him with ranged attacks before dropping down for an easy kill.
- Head into Siofra Aqueduct using the path to the North-East, then follow the water to the North.
- Watch out for an enemy hiding behind the waterfall, then pass through the arches to the right and head up the stairs to the boss!
- Thankfully, a Statue of Marika means you won’t have to make that trip again!
Best Strategy to Defeat Valiant Gargoyle in Elden Ring
Now it’s time for the boss itself – or should we say bosses? Here’s what you need to know to beat the Valiant Gargoyle in Elden Ring!
And remember, when all else fails, you can always use this Rune farm to get 10 million Runes per hour and level up!
- First of all, it’s important to note that you can summon spirits in this fight and they’re definitely necessary for most players. Make sure you upgrade the best spirits in Elden Ring and summon them for the assist!
- Also, be sure to track down all these Golden Seed locations in Elden Ring to give yourself more Flasks to work with.
- The Valiant Gargoyle boss fight will begin with just a single Greatsword-wielding enemy. However, once you have it at half health, a Twinblade Gargoyle will join the fight.
- It may be best to save your most powerful FP-draining attacks and summons for just before your first enemy hits the halfway mark. That way, you can try and take the Greatsword Gargoyle out quickly, before the second comes into play.
- Magic appears to be a big advantage in combat, as it lets you keep both enemies at range. However, the Gargoyles each have relatively telegraphed attacks, and you shouldn’t have much issue dodging the Greatsword especially.
- The Bloody Slash Ash of War is known to be particularly effective against the Valiant Gargoyle boss fight. Don’t forget that you can re-spec in Elden Ring, should you want to change up your playstyle too.
- Always try and keep both enemies in your sight, or risk certain defeat. Also, focus on physical rather than magic defense, with a specialty in immunity, if possible.
- Watch out for the Gargoyles’ poison breath attack. This will linger in the surrounding area of its use, and will even hit you when attacking the Gargoyle from behind.
- The Greatsword Gargoyle will often charge up his sword in the air before shooting a vacuum blast at you. Only dodge this at the last possible second, or risk getting caught in the blast even after rolling.
- For melee builds, try to stay as close to the Gargoyles’ legs as possible, and roll generally to the left when incoming attacks are about to land.
- Finally, when facing only one opponent, try jumping heavy strikes to deal extra Poise damage! These enemies are relatively easy to stagger, and you can get a powerful critical hit while they’re reeling.
Once beaten, the Valiant Gargoyle will drop one of the best Greatswords in Elden Ring, as well as the Gargoyle’s Twinblade. It’s well worth your time, completing one of the more frustrating encounters in the game.
But if you didn’t enjoy this, just wait until you’re fighting 3 bosses at once, later in Elden Ring!
Thanks to YouTuber Boss Fight Database for showing off the full Valiant Gargoyle boss fight in Elden Ring below:
More Elden Ring Boss Fight Guides
Sunday 13th of March 2022
If you are going to refer to Graces, you should use their proper names. Otherwise people who have already cleared the area but need to go back will have no idea which Graces you're talking about.