Throughout Elden Ring, players will need the locations plenty of resources to use to improve their character, including the Starlight Shard.
Aside from being consumables that restore FP, these shards allow players to obtain some of the most powerful spirit ashes in the Lands Between.
But to find them all, you’ll need to travel through the expansive map that Elden Ring offers.
What Are Starlight Shards in Elden Ring?
In Elden Ring, Starlight Shards are consumables used to recover 2 FP per second for 60 seconds or to be traded for Spirit Ashes with Preceptor Seluvis.
Its in-game description is as follows:
An ephemeral sliver that gives off a pale blue glow.
What remains of a passing flash of starlight.
Use to gradually recover FP.
A prized item that was once used in the Eternal City as an ingredient in intoxicating draughts.
Most Starlight Shards are located near stone astrolabe exactly like the one shown below.
Every Starlight Shard in Elden Ring – Location + Map
Players can find a total of 22 Starlight Shards in Elden Ring. These shards are scattered in 13 different locations across the Lands Between.
Here is the location of every Starlight Shard per region in Elden Ring. Make sure you know every Site of Grace location to help you make the most of our guide.
- Southern Limgrave has one of the Starlight Shard locations on a cliff just south of the Agheel Lake South Site of Grace.
- Follow the path south from the Site of Grace, and before you head into the Weeping Peninsula, you’ll see the cliff on your left.
- Northern Limgrave has one of the Starlight Shard locations in the Stormhill area.
- Head to Stormhill Shack Site of Grace.
- Make your way south until you reach the edge of the cliff.
- You’ll see the Starlight Shard in an astrolabe near the cliff.
- Reward from Sorceress Sellen upon finding Master Lusat.
- Once you’ve found Master Lusat return to Waypoint Ruins, where Sorceress Sellen is.
- Speak to her and ask about Master Lusat when prompted.
- She will reward you with a Starlight Shard.
- Weeping Peninsula has a Starlight Shard on the eastern side of the area.
- Make your way to the Castle Morne Rampart Site of Grace.
- Look East, and you’ll see a Spirit Spring jump. Use this to reach the top of the cliff.
- Continue to make your way East, and you will head directly to the astrolabe with the Starlight Shard.
Liurnia of the Lakes
- Found in a stone astrolabe on the eastern side of Liurnia of the Lakes, south of the Artist’s Shack.
- Head to the Artist’s Shack Site of Grace.
- From here, ride Torrent South.
- You will see a stone astrolabe with the Starlight Shard on your right side.
- Players will find another Starlight Shard near the Beastial Sanctum in the northeastern part of Caelid.
- Head to the Beastial Sanctum Site of Grace and follow the path south.
- Start to head southeast toward the edge of the cliff.
- You will find the Starlight Shard in front of a stone astrolabe.
- Found near the Church of the Plague.
- Head to the Church of the Plague Site of Grace.
- Turn East and make your way toward the small pond.
- You’ll find the Starlight Shard near the large stone monument.
- Southwestern Caeild has a Starlight Shard location near the Caelid Highway South Site of Grace inside a stone astrolabe.
- Head to the Caelid Highway South Site of Grace.
- Make your way southwest from this point.
- You will see a largely decayed stone astrolabe similar to the ones that house Sacred Tears.
- Inside this astrolabe is the Starlight Shard.
- Found near a stone astrolabe south of the plateau where you fight the Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast.
- Head to the Ninth Mt. Gelmir Campsite.
- From there, travel south, and you’ll see a ladder that heads up the side of the mountain. Climb all the way to the top.
- There are Spirit Springs as well that Torrent can use to help you reach the top.
- Walk alongside the edge of the arena to avoid the Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast.
- Head south towards the arena’s edge, and you’ll find a stone astrolabe with the Starlight Shard here.
- Found near a stone astrolabe near Hermit Village.
- Make your way to Craftsman’s Shack Site of Grace.
- Head northeast until you reach Hermit Village.
- The astrolabe is located in the eastern area of the village.
- Players can also use the Primeval Sorcerer Azur Site of Grace to find this shard.
- Head south from the Site of Grace and see the astrolabe.
The Shaded Castle
- Players can find this Starlight Shard location behind The Shaded Castle in a stone astrolabe.
- Make your way to the Shaded Castle Ramparts Site of Grace.
- Follow the edge of the castle walls west.
- Once you reach the end, head North towards the back of the castle.
- You’ll see a stone astrolabe here with a Starlight Shard.
Mountaintop of the Giants
- Players can find a stone astrolabe with a Starlight Shard on the Mountaintop of the Giants location.
- Head to the Foot of the Forge Site of Grace.
- Travel North, and you’ll come across the stone astrolabe.
- Here you will find the Starlight Shard.
- Ten Starlight Shards are scattered inside the Catherdral of Manus Celes in the Moonlight Altar.
- Players must go through Ranni’s quest line to reach the Moonlight Altar.
- Once you reach the Moonlight Altar Site of Grace, follow the path northeast.
- You will come across a large cathedral.
- Head inside, and you will find ten Starlight Shards scattered around this location.
There is a total of 23 Starlight Shards. But all you need is 15 to purchase all of the Puppets in Preceptor Seluvis’ shop.
Players can see a visual of all the Starlight Shard locations for Elden Ring in the video below.
Where to Use Starlight Shards in Elden Ring
Players can use Starlight Shards to purchase puppets from Preceptor Seluvis in his hidden puppet room or to restore 2 FP per second for a total of 60 seconds.
Preceptor Seluvis’s hidden puppet room is located north of Ranni’s Rise in his own tower, Seluvis’s Rise.
Since there are many ways of obtaining FP, it’s best to use the Starlight Shards to purchase puppets to complete your collection of Spirit Ashes.
All Puppets in Preceptor Seluvis’ Shop
|Item||Starlight Shard Price||Item Type||How to Unlock|
|Finger Maiden Therolina Puppet||2||Spirit Ash||Unlocked from beginning|
|Jarwight Puppet||3||Spirit Ash||Unlocked from beginning|
|Dolores the Sleeping Arrow Puppet||5||Spirit Ash||Unlocked by giving Seluvis Potion to Nepheli Loux|
|Dungeater Puppet||5||Spirit Ash||Unlocked by giving Seluvis Potion to Dung Eater|
Players can not purchase Nepheli’s puppet from this shop. That puppet is only obtainable by giving the Seluvis’ Potion to the correct NPC during his questline.
Players can also obtain Dolores the Sleeping Arrow Puppet by progressing through Ranni’s quest line and returning to the body of Pidia.