As you discover secrets throughout Elden Ring, sometimes you’re left with more questions than answers. That’s why our guide is here to help solve the Jellyfish puzzle at Stargazers’ Ruins and claim the reward!
Travel to the snowy mountaintops in the northern area of Elden Ring’s map, and you might be surprised by one particular creature encounter.
The area, known as “Mountaintops of the Giants” does indeed host many oversized NPC’s, along with the usual skeletons, rats, and… Spirit-Calling Snails.
But, journey north, and you’ll find yourself in Stargazer’s Ruins, home to a Spectral Jellyfish calling out for her long-lost sister. She floats before a magically sealed door.
Here’s how you can break the spell and get inside!
Working through the Mountaintops of the Giants? Here’s how you can defeat the area’s mandatory boss, the Fire Giant!
How to Complete the Jellyfish Puzzle
To complete the Jellyfish Puzzle at Stargazer Ruins, all you need to do is summon the Spirit Jellyfish Ashes next to the jellyfish who is looking for their sister.
But, since not everybody will have this Spirit Ash, let’s take it from the top:
- Speak to Roderika the Spirit Tuner.
- She begins the game in Stormhill, in a shack on the right-hand side of the path as you ascend the hill. There is a Site of Grace beside her, so it’s hard to miss.
- Alternatively, she moves to the Roundtable Hold. She can still give you the item you need here.
- Claim the Spirit Ash that she gives out after exhausting her dialogue – Spirit Jellyfish Ashes.
- The description notes that this Spirit has a name: Aurelia.
- Travel to the Stargazers’ Ruins in the northern Mountaintops of the Giants region.
Want to expand your arsenal of Spirit Ashes further? Here’s where you can find every single Spirit in Elden Ring!
- Approach the Jellyfish hovering near the stairs leading to the seal.
- You should notice the summoning icon appear on the left side of your screen.
- Equip Aurelia the Spirit Jellyfish summon and activate.
- The two Jellyfish sisters will reunite and talk, before disappearing.
- Your Jellyfish Ashes will not be lost, so don’t worry!
- The seal will be broken, meaning you can descend the stairs to claim the loot inside the chest!
Stargazers’ Ruins Puzzle Reward – Primal Glintstone Blade
Upon unlocking, you’ll be gifted the Fancy Spin emote… but what you’re really here for is in the treasure chest belowground.
Inside the chest is the talisman known as the Primal Glintstone Blade. Its abilities are best suited to sorcerers who are proficient in dodging or blocking incoming attacks.
That’s because this talisman will reduce your max HP whilst also lowering FP consumption when casting spells.
Your HP will be lowered by a considerable 15%, but FP consumption will reduce by 25%. Whether it’s worth the trade depends on your play style and character build.
Looking to solve some more Elden Ring puzzles? Here’s how you can unlock another magical seal door and obtain one of the game’s best magic spells!
And here’s a walkthrough for the Albinauric Rise puzzle, which will reward you with another powerful magic-focused talisman!