The Shard of Alexander is one of the best Talismans in Elden Ring, greatly increasing your skill damage. Here’s how to complete Iron Fist Alexander’s questline and get your hands on it.
Iron Fist Alexander, your friendly giant pot companion, is definitely a fan-favorite character in Elden Ring. However, you might not know that the mighty warrior has a gift for you once you complete his easy-to-miss questline.
Here’s how to get your hand on the Shard of Alexander Talisman, giving you a major boost to your skill attack power in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring: How to Complete Iron Fist Alexander Quest – Full Guide
- First, you’ll need to begin Alexander’s questline by encountering him here, in Limgrave. It’s one of the best things to do at the start of your Elden Ring journey, so don’t miss it.
- Simply talk to Alexander, and then hit him a few times to dislodge him from the hole he’s stuck in.
- Next up, you can encounter Iron Fist Alexander in Rear Gael Tunnel, where you can talk to him again.
- Then, you’ll meet the mighty pot warrior one more time just before the General Radahn boss fight. He’ll even assist you in battle, whether you’ve met him previously or not!
- Exhaust Alexander’s dialogue once more after the fight, then head to Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Alexander is next encountered just below Carian Study Hall on the map. Once again, he’s stuck in a hole, but this time we won’t be hitting him.
- If you don’t already have an Oil Pot, head to Nokron, the Eternal City, using this guide.
- Then, as you progress through the underground, you’ll soon arrive at Siofra River Bank. Here you can climb the wooden ladders on the structure in the centre and run along the wooden brudge, past the waterfall, and drop down the merchant below.
- Purchase the Nomadic Warrior’s Cookbook  and you’ll be able to craft an Oil Pot with Melted Mushrooms, found in and around Nokron.
- Craft one or two pots, and head back to Alexander. Throw a pot at Alexander and then hit him a few times to knock him free.
- Later in the game, you’ll arrive at Mt. Gelmir, a location to the North of Liurnia and West of Altus Plateau. To the Northwest, you’ll find the Seethewater Terminus Site of Grace.
- Head South to the lava pool nearby (visible on the map), and a Magma Wyrm boss fight awaits you. Take it down, then use Torrent to ride through the lava until you meet Alexander again. Talk to him from the rock nearby, so you don’t burn.
- Now, it’s time to head to Foot of the Forge, in the Mountaintops of the Giants. Cross the nearby chain bridge, slightly South from the Site of Grace, and you’ll go up against the Fire Giant boss fight. If you’ve followed this guide accurately, you’ll even be able to summon Iron Fist Alexander in to help assist you in battle.
- Finally, make your way to the Crumbling Farum Azula using our guide here.
- You’ll progress naturally through this area, fighting at least one dragon along the way. Before long, you’ll arrive at the Dragon Temple Lift.
- From here, head Southwest, up the fallen tower ahead, and you’ll encounter Alexander one final time, at the site of another dragon fight.
- Talk to him to receive the Warrior Jar Shard as well as finally receiving the Shard of Alexander in Elden Ring!
- If you don’t finish this entire questline, you’ll face off against Alexander in a true Warrior’s Duel. Win, and you’ll get not only the Shard of Alexander but also Alexander’s Innards! Give these to Jar Bairn after finishing his quest to unlock a Companion Jar Talisman that raises throwing pot potency.
If you’re struggling with any boss fights along the way, don’t miss this incredibly easy way to beat any Elden Ring boss!
And now that you have the Shard of Alexander, why not combine with one of the weapons with the best skills in Elden Ring – these Legendary Armaments!
Thanks to YouTuber ConCon for providing us with a video guide which you can see below: