One of the oldest farming tricks in the book just got better. Here’s how to kill the sleeping dragon over and over in Elden Ring.
If you’re an Elden Ring player that’s just starting out on their journey, or you’re beginning to master navigating the Lands Between, there’s something you should know.
Not far from the starting area of the game, players will be able to discover one docile dragon that will never fight back – but grants an enormous sum of runes when defeated.
Here’s where to find the ultimate sleeping dragon rune farm in Elden Ring!
Of course, many people already know about this handy Elden Ring trick. But what you might not know is that you can actually farm the dragon multiple times.
Read More: Elden Ring Players Are Making Thanos in the Lands Between
Elden Ring: How to Kill the Sleeping Dragon Again – Best Rune Farm
It’s possible to kill the dragon multiple times, so long as you haven’t already dispatched the creature.
- To do so, first follow our guide to finding the sleeping dragon in Elden Ring.
- Then, before you attack it, make sure you’ve registered the nearby Site of Grace.
- We would also recommend that you have the Gold Scarab talisman to increase your total rune count upon killing the beast. You can also use the Gold-Pickled Fowl Foot item to boost rune acquisition for a while, further improving this farming method.
- Get on your horse and begin slashing at the dragon’s tail.
- Like in our previous guide, we recommend that you use one of Elden Ring’s best bleed damage weapons to kill the dragon quickly.
- Then, the second the dragon begins to die, it will twitch. Immediately ride to your nearby Site of Grace and rest at it ASAP.
- If you’ve done this trick fast enough, you will receive a massive amount of runes, but the dragon will not die, letting you farm it an infinite amount of times!
Later in the game, you might want to change to this 10 million runes per hour farming method in Elden Ring, but early on, this is an amazing strategy.
Using tricks like these, one Elden Ring player has already completed the game 100 times!
Thanks to Caspahz for showing off this easy trick to get runes fast in Elden Ring!
Thursday 15th of September 2022
now I find this, I am pissed, oh well, already killed it and collected 124000 runes, gave me only 2 levels as I am level 92 at this time, still looking for the easy rune farming but now the levels requires 50K+ runes and it will get bigger my rant with this game is the losing the runes, one should never loose them; this makes the gameplay somewhat miserable for some. I dont even know how far I am in the story; received Rennala quests and the manor ones but have not entered the capital yet as missing one great rune so.....that is that!..defeated few evengaols bosses and some catacombs ones and that is what I am combing for now..sometimes it is so slow that frankly it gets boring
Thursday 21st of April 2022
Just tried it on 4/21. Didn't work for me. Left immediately upon "the flinch" and got back to the site of grace as fast as I could. I even beat the announcement that I was awarded 5 dragon hearts ... Maybe they nerfed it in the 1.04 patch?
By the way, if anyone is able to still do this, I might recommend trying it with one of the Celebrant weapons .. you get 10 runes with the cleaver or sickle and 20 with the great hammer with every successful hit ...
Friday 8th of April 2022
didnt friggin work dogs!
Sunday 3rd of April 2022
I disagree on how often people, articles, and other game companies now like to shame this game in particular for its exploit, its messy start (not every fresh open world game that is recently release is perfect on the go), finally . . . . . I appreciate knowing the game is being notice. Over all, stop sharing the worst parts of it and giving people an easy edge to do things like this.
Saturday 26th of March 2022
Ran as soon as I saw twitch, Spamming dash. Managed 98000 runes and a dragon heart but after passing time till noon from early day Grey roll was gone...