Preparing to face Morgott, the Omen King in Elden Ring? Here’s how to face the Demi-God and defeat him.
If you struggled with an early game boss, well, I’ve got bad news for you. That’s right, Margit, the Fell Omen from Limgrave has returned.
Unfortunately for you, Margott, the Omen King is a legacy dungeon boss, meaning you must defeat him to progress.
However, we have a handy guide on how you can defeat the boss of Leyndell, Royal Capital, thus ending your long-lasting hatred of Margit.
How to Defeat Morgott, the Omen King in Elden Ring
Morgott, the Omen King is a tough boss to fight, but just like your first encounter with him, he’s still beatable.
When you head up to reach Morgott, the Omen King, you’ll encounter Godfrey, First Elden Lord (Golden Shade). Find out how to beat Godfrey, Golden Shade in Elden Ring!
Before his fog gate, you can summon Melina as a summonable co-operator to help you. I’d advise you to do this, as she does a fair amount of damage and will help you keep Morgott distracted.
Before you start the boss fight, make sure to upgrade your flasks. Here are all the locations of Golden Seeds in Elden Ring.
It may also be a good idea to get some new summons. Here’s a guide on all of the Spirit Ash Summons and their locations in Elden Ring.
Best Strategy to Beat Morgott, the Omen King
- Try and save your flasks for as long as possible. Morgott hits fast in the first phase, but his second phase has some high damage hits.
- Summon your Spirit Ashes. Using these will allow you to keep Morgott distracted while you hit him with everything you’ve got.
- Morgott’s sword has a fairly high range, and he typically sweeps it. Keep some distance and use ranged attacks if you have any. If not, wait until there’s an opening!
- Morgott may hold up a Holy Spear and stay still for a moment as if he’s charging it. Don’t engage at this time, when he throws the spear, it hits hard and very fast. Dodge roll often!
- While there are some oppurtunities to guard or parry, dodge-rolling is most likely your best bet.
- When he charges you with his Holy Spear, dodge as he’s about to thrust. When he’s pushing you, it’s easier to simply move back and avoid.
- At one point, Morgott may raise his dagger and summon Holy Swords above to rain down on you. It’s well-telegraphed and easy to dodge.
When Phase One of Morgott, the Omen King is finished, he’ll drop to the floor on his knees and start coughing. Keep a distance as he will cause an energy blast as he enters Phase Two
- After the energy blast, little explosions will happen around the arena in random order. Keep your wits and move to avoid getting damaged and knocked down.
- If you need to summon your Spirit Ash Summons, refill your HP or your FP, or just need a moment to breath, now’s the time! He takes a moment to get back into the fight.
- Most of his attacks from Phase One return, except he attacks with two coats on his sword: fire and bleed. You won’t want to be debuffed with these, so dodge as often as possible.
- He also spews random pools of lava across the arena, so keep on the move.
After you’ve defeated him, have a sigh of relief! You’ll have earned a good amount of Runes to level up your attributes (120,000 Runes to be precise!).
However, if you’re not sure how you want to build your character, find out how to re-spec your character in Elden Ring!
Read More: How to Get Hoarfrost Stomp in Elden Ring
You’ll also earn Remembrance of the Omen King as well as Morgott’s Great Rune. Take the Remembrance to Enia in the Roundtable Hold to get either Morgott’s Cursed Sword or Regal Omen Bairn.
Morgott’s Great Rune raises maximum HP, provided you bring it to a divine tower.
While you’re here, find out all of the Soft Caps for Attributes in Elden Ring! This way, you know when you’re wasting Runes!
You should also find one of the best end-game Spirit Ash Summons, here’s where to find the Black Knife Tiche in Elden Ring!