Larval Tears are a key item in Elden Ring that allows players to respec their characters and completely rebuild them from the ground up.
Building your ideal character in Elden Ring takes patience and knowledge of all the different stats in the game. Sometimes you learn more as you progress the story, and you find you want to change your build from the ground up.
Rather than start a completely new character, players can respec and rebuild their character.
But to do so, you’re going to need Larval Tears. Here’s where you can find them.
Where to Find Every Larval Tear in Elden Ring + Map
Each Larval Tear location is listed below, listed on the map for guidance. These are in no particular order and have been numbered only for easy reference.
- You can find the first one near the path east of the Agheel Lake South Site of Grace. There is a Lesser Runebear enemy disguised as a Wandering Noble. Defeat it, and it will drop a Larval Tear.
Read More: Elden Ring: Where to Go & What to Do First in Limgrave
Liurnia of the Lakes
- There is one at a gravesite near the Village of the Albinaurics. Where you find the first half of the Haligtree Medallion.
- One will drop a Grafted Scion disguised as a Giant Crayfish. Make your way to the Gazebo near the Rose Church. There will be a few Giant Crayfish sleeping. The disguised one will be moving about the Gazebo.
- Complete the Ressurection Painting puzzle near Caria Manor to obtain another Larval Tear.
- The last one in Liurnia of the Lakes is available to buy from Pidia in Caria Manor. After defeating Royal Knight Loretta, a passageway to the Three Sisters area will open. Head through it and then go west. You’ll come across a platform you can jump down to. Follow this path, and you’ll find Pidia.
It’s worth noting that if you head to Pidia after completing Ranni’s quest line, the Larval Tear will need to be bought through Pidia’s bell bearing.
- This Larval Tear is near the stone coffins south of the Caelid Highway South Site of Grace. You’ll need to defeat a Troll disguised as a Wandering Noble.
- Another disguised Larval Tear. This Larval Tear is in some ruins southeast of the Windmill Village Site of Grace. You’ll need to defeat a Lion Guardian disguised as a Wandering Noble.
Nokron, Eternal City
Before you head out, use our guide to Nokron, Eternal City, for a walkthrough and how to find this hidden location.
- Players can purchase a Larval Tear for 3,000 Runes from the Abandonded Merchant in Siofra River. The Abandonded Merchant is located near the ruins. Players will need to go through the eastern side of the Siofra River to find them.
- Near the Nokron, Eternal Site of Grace, there is a stone building with a corpse inside of it. On this corpse is a Larval Tear.
- Found in the center of Nokron, Eternal City, on a corpse inside of a gazebo. When you first approach it, Silver Tears will fall from the ceiling. Defeat them and pick up the Larval Tear from the corpse.
- Head to the Night’s Sacred Ground in Nokron. Defeat the Silver Sphere here, and it will drop a Larval Tear.
- Two Larval Tears will drop by defeating the powerful Mimic Tear. This boss will also drop the most powerful Spirt Ash in Elden Ring.
Nokstella, Eternal City
- On the bridge, you’ll find a Silver Sphere. Defeat it, and it will drop a Larval Tear.
- After the bridge, head northeast towards the building there. There will be a Silver Sphere on the ceiling. Approach it, and it will drop. Defeat it, and it’ll drop a Larval Tear.
- Head to the top of Nokstella. Once there you will see a building. Inside of it is another Silver Sphere hanging on the ceiling. Make sure it drops and defeat it for another Larval Tear.
If you haven’t found Nokstella, Eternal City, then check out our guide to help you locate it quickly!
- Found near the Road of Iniquity Site of Grace. You’ll need to defeat a Wormface disguised as a Putrid Corpse.
- Found near the Inner Consecrated Snowfield Site of Grace. Head toward the area with two Wandering Nobles and a bear buried in the snow. There is a Lesser Runebear disguised as a noble here. Defeat it to obtain the Larval Tear.
Follow this guide, and you’ll be able to obtain every Larval Tear to help you re-spec and try out new builds. for your character.
What Are Larval Tears For?
Larval Tears are key items used to respec your character with Rennala, the Full Moon Queen. Once you re-spec a character, you will be able to rebuild them with different attributes.
To do this, first, you need to make your way to Rennala with 5,000 Runes and a Larval Tear.
And, if you want to test out your new build, why not farm some runes while you take on difficult enemies?
When it comes down to it, you’re going to be doing a lot of leveling up in Elden Ring. It’s nice that Elden Ring allows players to experiment without restarting their game.
Thursday 14th of April 2022
I can definitely tell you there more than this I’m at 16 and I have one to boc and I only just defeated the fire giant. Plus I still need to do fias quest and dung eaters and finish gold mask so I can’t so say for sure there aren’t more but there’s at least 20 to be found
Monday 7th of March 2022
also, every ball in the area will drop a larva