Spirit Ashes will be the ultimate assistance in Boss encounters and more in Elden Ring – but you’ll need to upgrade them to keep them viable.
Elden Ring has some notoriously difficult encounters and boss fights to take on. So when it comes to the more tricky situations, you’ll often need to rely on Spirit Ashes.
These mystical summons will assist you in battle, at the expense of a big chunk of FP. Here’s how to make sure you’ve got as much FP as possible, to summon even the strongest Spirit Ashes!
Make sure to try out every kind of Spirit Ash you collect to pick your favorite for any given situation.
But once you have a Spirit Ash or two, it’s time to learn how to upgrade them. After all, your basic summons won’t do the trick as you reach some of the game’s harder bosses.
Read More: Elden Ring: How to Summon Spirits, NPCs, & Friends
How to Upgrade Spirit Ash Summons in Elden Ring
You can upgrade Spirit Ashes with Roderika at the Roundtable Hold after following her quest using Ghost Glovewort.
Here’s how to follow her quest and upgrade your Spirit Ash to deal more damage and have more health:
- First, you’ll need to head to Stormhill Shack, an area at the foot of Stormveil Castle. You may have already been here and not discovered everything it has to offer!
- Talk to the NPC in the shack, Roderika, who will give you the Sitting Sideways Gesture. But that’s not all she can do for you.
- The second time you speak to her, the NPC will give you the Spirit Jellyfish Ashes, a new Spirit Ash Summon! After that, she’ll ask you to pass on a message for you in Stormveil Castle.
- Beat Margit the Fell Omen using our handy guide if necessary, and make you way through the Castle.
- Once you arrive at Rampart Tower, run past the barrel and flying enemy-infested pathway ahead, down the stairs, and along the rooftops. A ladder to the south will allow you to drop down safely.
- Then run past the knight and his torch-carrier on the thin walkway, through the room with the fireplace, and carry on through the next area until you see a drop on the left.
- Drop down to the room full of wrapped corpses, watching out for the dogs as you do so. The item atop the corpse-pile is the Crysalids’ Memento you need.
- Travel back to Stormhill Shack and give the item to the NPC there. Once all her dialogue is exhausted, she’ll travel to Roundtable Hold.
- Fast travel to Roundtable Hold (the large icon in the bottom left corner of your map) and talk to her by the fire.
- Then speak to the Smithing Master and select ‘About Roderika’.
- Then return to Roderika and talk to her once more. And for good measure, talk to the Smithing Master about Roderika again.
- The next time you arrive in Roundtable Hold, Roderika will have set up shop opposite the blacksmith, allowing you to upgrade your Spirit Ashes!
You’ll need Grave or Ghost Glovewort items and Runes to upgrade your Spirit Ashes in Elden Ring. Once done, expect them to receive a boost to both HP and attack power!
Here’s where to find an infinite amount of Grave & Ghost Glovewort in Elden Ring easily!
Meanwhile, now that you’re done with Stormveil Castle, you’ll need to know what all the Great Runes do and where to find them! Like Spirit Ashes, these special items will give you a big boost in-game, which could mean the difference between life and death.
There’s also one location that gives Elden Ring players 74,000 Runes for free, and it’s not even an exploit! Make sure you don’t miss out!
Check out a full guide to the process from YouTuber Tyrannicon below:
Tuesday 20th of December 2022
what if i accidently killed her? :(
Saturday 2nd of April 2022
Funnily enough she's not at shack, as I went back after clearing a lot more on the map.
Does this mean the spririt upgrade is out of reach until NG+?
Sunday 6th of March 2022
Don't need to be close to beating the game to access Mohgwyn Palace, you can reach it by using the teleporter in the Rose Church SW of the Royal Academy.