Want to learn everything there is to know about summoning? Here’s a full guide on how to summon spirits, NPCs, friends, and more in Elden Ring!
Elden Ring is a game best played with allies, but the game is mostly single-player. Although you travel around a ‘shared’ world, you’re mostly just interacting with NPCs and hints from other players.
Already players are leaving troll messages in Elden Ring, just to mess with the franchise’s new blood. If you see a message on a cliff saying ‘Try Jumping’, maybe don’t always follow that advice!
When you’re starting out, why not check out our guide on where to go and what to do first in Limgrave?
How to Summon in Elden Ring
Here’s a full guide to every type of summoning in Elden Ring, starting with the most common!
Spirit Ashes are special summons that Elden Ring players can find around the game and keep with them indefinitely. The special AI summons are great help against some of Elden Ring’s toughest bosses.
Here’s how to obtain your first Spirit Ash:
- To take advantage of this handy mechanic, head to the Church of Elleh, the structure in Western Limgrave directly ahead of your very first Site of Grace.
- You’ll need to first learn how to get your spectral mount, Torrent, in Elden Ring. Then, head back to this location.
- Here you’ll find Renna, an extremely helpful NPC who will give you the Spirit Calling Bell and Lone Wolf Ashes.
- From here on, using the Lone Wold Ashes will summon a pack of spirit wolves into your world – at the expense of FP!
Here’s how to get more FP to summon the game’s strongest Ash Spirit summons!
For a list of every Spirit Ash in Elden Ring, check out our All Spirit Ashes Location Guide!
Effigies of the Martyr
Effigies of the Martyr are an alternative way to summon friendly NPCs, without an FP cost! However, the special summons are limited to the areas in which they’re found.
By discovering little statues of people around the massive Elden Ring map, players will be able to summon forth special AI to assist you.
One great example is Nepheli Loux, a great teammate in one of Elden Ring’s earliest boss fights! To discover more, explore every nook and cranny of the game’s map, and help NPCs in their individual quests.
Here’s how to summon friends and even other players into your world to help you defeat bosses in Elden ring.
- Head to the Multiplayer menu and add a multiplayer password that only you and your friend know.
- Once that is done, use a Tarnished’s Furled Finger to create a summon on the ground.
- Your friend then needs to find that location in their world and interact with it to join you in battle!
Read More: Elden Ring: How Many Players Can Play Co-Op?
Here’s a guide to all the weird Finger Multiplayer items and what they do in Elden Ring!
And if even these summoning options aren’t enough to assist you in battle, here’s an easy place to farm runes and level up extremely fast!