Stormveil Castle is the first legacy dungeon players encounter in Elden Ring, but there is a way to skip it for players looking to level up a bit more.
Elden Ring is exceptionally challenging. Players that aren’t careful will meet their end to the smallest of creatures.
This rings even more true when it comes to the first legacy dungeon, Stormveil Castle.
Here players will encounter Margit the Fell Omen and Godrick the Grafted. These two bosses will test the skill of even the best of players.
So it can be a little intimidating for players. First, you’ll want to do everything you can in Limgrave to leave you properly set up for the battles ahead.
Then, if you still don’t feel ready, there is a way for players to skip Stormveil Castle.
Skipping Stormveil Castle will allow players to enter the Liurnia of the Lakes and continue leveling up their character.
But first, you need to know where the secret shortcut is.
How to Skip Stormveil Castle and Reach Liurnia of the Lakes
To skip Elden Ring’s first main boss, Margit the Fell Omen, players will need to use the shortcut just north of Stormhill Shack.
Yeah, skipping the first main boss and legacy dungeon in Elden Ring is pretty straightforward.
Before you take this shortcut, make sure you know how to summon spirits, as these would be helpful against the many enemies along the way.
Here is how to take the shortcut to Liurnia of the Lakes:
- Head to the Stormhill Shack Site of Grace and head north on the path.
- Eventually, you will come across a broken bridge and a lady that offers to read your finger. Head to the end of the bridge.
- From here, go left, and you will see some rubble that you can drop down to.
- From here, follow the bridge down until you reach a passageway on your left. Taking this passageway will take you through the side of the Castle and into the Liurnia of the Lakes.
- There will be some enemies waiting for you, so it’s best to ride your mount through until you get to the other side, where the Lake-Facing Cliffs Site of Grace will be waiting for you.
And that’s it. Now you’re free to explore the Liurnia of the Lakes and discover new foes and equipment.
Here’s a map to help guide you to the entrance to the secret path.
Once you’re explored Lirunia of the Lakes and think you’re ready to take on Stormveil Castle, make sure you check the best way to defeat Margit the Fell Omen and Godrick the Grafted to ensure that you’re able to take down these bosses with ease.
Also, if you need help farming runes, you can check out this method to quickly farm and level up your character.
Elden Ring can be difficult, but with the right weapons and the right class setup, you’ll be able to take down even the toughest of bosses.