It’s no secret that FromSoftware love adding cruel and unusual damage types to their games. Elden Ring is no different, so here’s how you can reach the Frenzy-Flaming Tower without contracting Madness!
Poison, Scarlet Rot, Sleep, and even instant death! Elden Ring features no less than seven Status Effects that can ruin your day, or make it if they’re in your hands.
Madness is unique in that it doesn’t just do health damage, but it also drains your FP too! Therefore, regardless of your build, you need to keep your Tarnished sane (or at least the best FP talisman in the game).
However, the Frenzy-Flaming Tower holds loot and, more importantly, guards the way to other key areas of the Lands Between. So, here’s how you can access it and douse it for good.
Getting past the Tower is necessary to reach the Church of Inhibition, a key location in White Mask Varre’s questline giving you incredible loot and access to a whole new area!
Where is the Frenzy-Flaming Tower Located
The Frenzy-Flaming Tower is located atop a hill in the Liurnia of the Lakes region, directly south of the Grand Lift of Dectus.
Any Lord of the Rings fans out there will immediately recognize the inspiration for this Lands Between location. That’s because the structure is reminiscent of the Tower of Sauron.
How to Survive the Frenzy-Flaming Tower Approach
- Above the Frenzy-Flaming Tower is an eternally-burning flame of madness, yellow in color. If you are within view of it on your climb up the hill, the Madness will build up within you.
- Because of this, you’ll need to use cover to block its view. There are many large rocks scattered around the hillside which can obscure your approach.
- You should ensure that you’ve got Clarifying Bolusses in your inventory, which can alleviate the onset of Madness.
- Alternatively, you can use the nearby ravine to get behind the tower and Spiritspring with Torrent to reach the top. This method will prevent some Madness, but requires speed rather than stealth.
- If the HP damage is too much for you to bear, consider acquiring the Crimsonwhorl Bubbletear first. This tear will convert the madness damage back into health!
Inside the Frenzy-Flaming Tower
- Once you’ve made it inside, quickly dispatch the four Rats that call it home.
- Then, ascend the ladder. Next, you’ll find a chest containing a powerful Incantation. The Incantation, Howl of Shabriri gives you the power to inflict Madness on your foes. But be aware, using this Incantation will build up small amounts of Madness in the caster, too.
- Scale the next ladder, and at the top of the tower, you’ll find a group of Madness-afflicted Villagers. Kill them to put an end to the Madness spell.
Want to get your hands on more of the best Incantations? Here are the top 10 Faith spells to strike fear into the hearts of your Elden Ring enemies!
And if you’re struggling to deal with Elden Ring’s most frustrating Status Effect, here’s how to cure and avoid Scarlet Rot affliction!