Here’s the quickest way to climb to the top of Mt. Gelmir and get into Volcano Manor in Elden Ring!
Elden Ring’s Lands Between is vast and has stunning locations to explore, even in the furthest reaches of the map.
One of these hard-to-reach locations is right at the summit of Mt. Gelmir. Of course, we’re talking about Volcano Manor.
The journey to the top of the mountain isn’t easy. However, we’ve found the easiest way to get to Volcano Manor in Elden Ring! Here it is!
But first, check out our walkthroughs on how to reach some of Elden Ring’s hidden locations:
- How to Get to Nokron, Eternal City – Location + Map
- How to Get to Mohgwyn Palace
- Where to Find Haligtree Secret Medallions & How to Get to Consecrated Snowfield
How to Get to Volcano Manor & Climb Mt. Gelmir in Elden Ring
Receive an Invitation to Volcano Manor From Rya
The easiest way to reach Volcano Manor is to complete part of Rya’s quest and receive an invitation. This will allow you to head straight to Volcano Manor and speak to Tanith.
- First, head to the Scenic Isle Site of Grace in Liurnia of the Lakes. Travel northwest from the Laskyar Ruins to get to this location; it is right west of the telescope icon on the map
- From the Scenic Isle Site of Grace, head towards the direction that the golden light points. You can easily see this on the map when looking at the Scenic Isle Site of Grace.
- Rya will be located inside the pavilion. Speak to her and exhaust her dialogue options until she offers the option to hear her request.
- Listen to her request, and this will initiate the quest. She will ask that you return a necklace to her.
- The necklace is located at the Boilprawn Shack in Liurnia of the Lakes, just north of the pavilion.
- Speak to the Blackguard Big Boggart and ask him to give you the necklace. You will need 1000 Runes to buy it from him, or you can simply defeat him for it. This will lock you out of his quest.
- Once you have the necklace, return it to Rya. Exhaust her dialogue options, and she will offer you the Volcano Manor Invitation.
- Then you will need to speak to Rya in Altus Plateau at the top of the Grand Lift of Dectus by using the lift. You can activate this once you’ve defeated Rennala, the Full Moon Queen. You can also find her Near the Erdtree-Gazing Hill Site of Grace, in the Lux Ruins if you head through the Ruin-Strewn Precipice to get to Altus Plateau.
- Once you speak to her, she will instantly transport you to Volcano Manor.
But Rya’s quest doesn’t end there. You’ve obtained entrance to Volcano Manor, but check out our step-by-step guide on Rya’s quest to fully complete her quest and discover the hidden secrets of Volcano Manor.
Climbing Up Mt.Gelmir
To get to Volcano Manor this way, you’ll have to climb up Mt. Gelmir using the ladders on the cliffs.
- Firstly, you’ll need to get up to Altus Plateau by activating the Grand Lift of Dectus or by heading through the Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
- Next, ride north through the valley towards the Bridge of Iniquity. On your right, you will see a vortex of wind leading up the cliffs (spiritspring).
- Jump while riding Torrent to use the spiritspring and get to the top of the cliff.
- Head west across the rope bridge to Bridge of Iniquity Site of Grace.
- Continue along the path until you see a ladder on the side of the cliff (it will have torches by either side) and climb the ladder.
- Once you’re at the top, keep riding up Mt. Gelmir and cross the bridge made of rock.
- Next, directly ahead of the rock bridge, there will be three ladders in a row you have to climb.
- After you have climbed these ladders, head to the right slightly, and there will be one final ladder to climb.
- Ride up the mountain, over the bridge and jump up the spiritspring – this will take you to a side boss location.
- Drop down from the long rock on the right, and you will be able to ride straight into Volcano Manor.
- Once you’re there, make sure to rest at the Site of Grace and pick up the Spirit Ash Summon you can find next to it.
How to Skip Atlus Plateau & Reach Mt. Gelmir Without Volcano Manor Invitation
Players can skip Atlus Plateau without an invitation to Volcano Manor and head straight to Mt. Gelmir by getting transported by an Abductor Virgin located in the Raya Lucaria Academy at Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Make your way to the Church of Cuckoo Site of Grace in the Raya Lucaria Academy. This is the first Site of Grace inside the Raya Lucaria Academy, reachable from the Main Academy Gate
- Navigate through the graveyards until you reach the giant Water Wheel.
- Hop on a platform. Stay on it as it rotates, and you end up going down instead of up. Do this by moving to the side of the platform as it rotates.
- Stay on the platform until it drops you at the bottom of Raya Lucaria Academy’s depths.
- Here you will see an Abductor Virgin. Get close and let it engulf you and kill you. After this, you’ll respawn in an area of the Volcano Manor.
- At this point, you will not be able to enter the Manor. You’ll only be able to see Volcano Manor from afar. To get to it, you’ll need to make your way to the entrance of Mt. Gelmir.
- Do this by following the stone path southeast until your each a series of caves. Navigate the caves until you reach a giant room with ruins and lava.
- Jump down to the lava and head toward the wall near some lava slugs. There will be a cave here. Enter the cave and follow the path.
- It’ll lead you to a boss battle. Defeat the difficult Abductor Virgin duo, and you’ll be able to access the Abductor Virgin Site of Grace which leads to the path where you find Mt. Gelmir’s entrance.
Since you have to beat a boss to get to Mt. Gelmir, this method is not the best by is still a valid option.
Locations of Important Items in The Lands Between
- Elden Ring: All Golden Seed Locations + Maps
- Where to Find All Crystal Tears Locations + Map
- Where to Find All Larval Tear Locations in Elden Ring + Maps
If you need a bit more guidance on the route to Volcano Manor, make sure to check out Games From Mars’ video.