Here’s how you can get to the Mountaintops of the Giants Location in Elden Ring by using the Grand Lift of Rold!
Elden Ring’s story takes you all the way across the Lands Between. However, some locations are more difficult to get to than others.
While climbing Mt. Gelmir and reaching Volcano Manor can be a perilous journey, getting to the Mountaintops of the Giants requires following a fairly simple path. That doesn’t mean it’s easy though!
You’ll need to get a unique item – the Rold Medallion – and cross the Forbidden Lands to get there. Here’s where you can find it so you can get to Mountaintops of the Giants.
There are also hidden areas in Elden Ring you’ll want to visit:
Where to Find The Rold Medallion
The Rold Medallion can only be obtained by defeating a certain demigod boss – Morgott, the Omen King. – in Leyndell.
- First, you need to progress the story in Elden Ring until you get to Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- When you’re there, you’ll have to fight Morgott, the Omen King.
- Pro Tip: Use the Mimic Tear Spirit Ash Summon or the insanely powerful Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War to do some huge damage to Morgott.
- Also, check out our guide on how to beat Morgott, the Omen King if you’re still struggling.
- Talk to Melina after the boss fight, and she will give you the Rold Medallion.
How to Get to The Forbidden Lands
The Forbidden Lands is an area in Elden Ring that leads players to the Grand Lift of Rold and to the final stages of the game.
It connects Leyndell, Royal Capital, with the Mountaintops of the Giants.
Step-by-Step Guide to Reach Forbidden Lands
- After defeating Morgott, fast travel to the Avenue Balcony Site of Grace. From here, head up the stairs.
- Once you reach the end of the stairs, begin to head left down the large road. You should run past a giant carriage and through two big doors into a barren landscape.
- Stay on the path until you reach another set of stairs.
- Head up these stairs. Once you reach the top, you should see a large doorway with two statues on each side. Enter this doorway.
- Inside you will see a platform. Interact with the lever to start heading upwards.
- You’ll end up on a large bridge in the Capital Outskirts. Make your way down, but be wary of enemies.
- From here, you should come across another platform with a lever. Interact with it to bring the platform up. Once the platform arrives, use it to head downwards.
- Once you reach the lower level, then you will have arrived at the Forbidden Lands! There is a Site of Grace to your left that you can activate to quickly fast travel here next time.
Once you’ve reached the Forbidden Lands you are one step closer to the Mountaintops of the Giants.
How to Use the Grand Lift of Rold & Get to Mountaintops of the Giants in Elden Ring
Once you have the Rold Medallion, getting to Mountaintops of the Giants is easy! Although, you’ll need to know how to get to and use the Grand Lift of Rold!
- After you obtain the Rold Medallion, head northeast through the Forbidden Lands to the Grand Lift of Rold Site of Grace and head up the steps to the lift.
- Walk up to the lift and select ‘Hoist medallion’.
- The Grand Lift of Rold will then take you to Mountaintops of the Giants.
- Beware – this is a diffiuclt area. Use the best infinite rune farming spot in Elden Ring if you need to level up!
You can also use the Grand Lift of Rold to get to the Consecrated Snowfield secret area.
And that’s how to get to Mountaintops of the Giants in Elden Ring. Good luck fighting the powerful bosses there!
Best Elden Ring Weapons For Every Build