The Sword of Night and Flame is one of the best weapons in Elden Ring – here’s how you can get it right at the start of the game!
Elden Ring is a very challenging game and you’ll need all of the help you can get. Even the normal enemies can kill you in a few hits if you’re not careful!
Luckily, one of the most powerful weapons in the game, the Swod of Night and Flame is very easy to obtain, once you know where to go!
What is The Sword of Night and Flame?
The Sword of Night and Flame is a powerful Straight Sword that has an insanely strong unique skill!
To requirements to use the Sword of Night and Flame are:
- Str: 12
- Dex: 12
- Int: 24
- Fai: 24
The weapon’s unique skill is what makes it so powerful – the Night-and-Flame Stance. This lets you cast a sorcery with the sword and follow it up by casting the Night Comet sorcery or a sweep attack that does Fire damage!
Additionally, you can upgrade the Sword of Night and Flame by using a Somber Smithing Stone and get it easily quite early in the game. Follow the steps below to pick up the Sword of Night and Flame!
But first, check out the other best early-game weapons in Elden Ring and where to find them!
Where to Find The Sword of Night and Flame in Elden Ring – Location + Map
You can find the Sword of Night and Flame in a locked room in Caria Manor. Here’s how to get there.
- Firstly, you’ll need to get past Stormveil Castle and to Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Check out our boss guides on how to beat Margit The Fell Omen and how to beat Godrick The Grafted if you need to get through this legacy dungeon.
- Alternatively, use this pro tip to skip past Stormveil Castle entirely!
- Summon your horse and ride northwest through Liurnia of the Lakes (avoiding the enemies) to reach the Northern Liurnia Lake Shore Site of Grace.
- Follow the road to the northeast and ride though the Kingsrealm Ruins. Hit the wall at the end to destroy it and get to the Road To The Manor Site of Grace.
- Once again, follow the road up to the keep, making sure you zigzag to avoid dangerous spells raining from the sky and rest at the Main Caria Manor Gate Site of Grace by the entrance.
- Head through the gate and hug the left wall while following it around and avoiding the hands in the ground. Keep going until you see a giant hand and some steps.
- Follow the steps up into a building. Go up some more stairs and rest at the Manor Lower Level Site of Grace.
- Next, head along the elevated path, in front of the Site of Grace. Run past all of the enemies until you get to the third bridge.
- On the third bridge, jump down the the keep below on the left hand side (due north). Then hop down once more and climb down the ladder.
- Finally, in this building, you’ll see a chest which contains the Sword of Night and Flame!
Other Important Elden Ring Guides
- Elden Ring: All Golden Seed Locations + Maps
- Where to Find All Larval Tear Locations in Elden Ring + Maps
- Where to Find All Crystal Tears Locations + Map
If you need some more help locating the Sword of Night and Flame in Elden Ring, check out TagBackTV‘s video below.