Hoarfrost Stomp is one of the strongest Ashes of War in Elden Ring – here’s exactly where you can find it!
Elden Ring is a challenging game for even experienced Souls fans as you never know what the Lands Between will throw at you next!
However, you can find plenty of powerful items in the game like Spirit Ash Summons to fight alongside you and Ashes of War that give your weapons new skills. Fortunately, some of these are pretty overpowered.
It doesn’t matter what is coming to kill you in the lands between if you keep spamming the Hoarfrost Stomp skill – they’ll be dead in no time! Luckily, getting this powerful Ash of War is pretty simple and it can be found early on in the game.
Plus, you’ll want to make sure you pick up these best early-game weapons in Elden Ring as well as the most powerful Talismans too. These will make you a force to be reckoned with even at the start of your journey!
What is Hoarfrost Stomp in Elden Ring?
Hoarfrost Stomp is a very powerful Ash of War that lets you stomp on the ground and send freezing mist towards your enemies. This does some great damage and also applies the freezing effect!
Once you know how to apply Ashes of War in Elden Ring, you can use Hoarfrost Stomp on any melee weapon. Plus, it only costs 10 Focus Points to use.
This means that it is very easy to spam the move and cause frostbite to your enemies if you increase the amount of Focus Points you have. What’s more, you can find Hoarfrost Stomp right near the beginning of the game!
Also, check out where to find the other best Ashes of War in Elden Ring:
- Seppuku Ash of War – Location + Map
- Bloodhound’s Step Ash of War – Location + Map
- Bloody Slash Ash of War – Location + Map
Where to Find Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War – Location + Map
You can get the Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War by killing an invisible beetle in the North of Liurnia of the Lakes. Go to the map location and follow the steps below to find it.
- Firstly, you’ll need to get to the main Caria Manor Gate Site of Grace.
- Pro Tip: If you’ve only just started the game use this shortcut to completely skip Stormveil Castle!
- Travel a short way southeast to the small lake.
- Look for the footprints in the water – this is the invisible treasure scarab you’ll have to kill to get Hoarfrost Stomp.
- When the footrpints get close, attack and you should kill the invisible scarab.
- Once you kill it, you’ll get the Ash of War: Hoarfrost Stomp!
While you’re in the area, make sure you know how to get the Sword of Night and Flame too! It is one of the best weapons in the whole game and is another easy pickup nearby!
Locations of Important Elden Ring Items
- Where to Find All Great Runes & What They Do
- How to Get Mimic Tear – Best Spirit Ashes Summon Location + Map
- Where to Get Grave & Ghost Glovewort for Spirit Summon Upgrades
Also, if you need a bit more guidance, be sure to check out Its Shatter’s video below. It shows you exactly how to get Hoarfrost Stomp in Elden Ring.