The Beast Claw is one of the most potent Incantations that players will find in Elden Ring. But obtaining it might take some patience.
In Elden Ring, players are thrown into the Lands Between with only a few items. As they explore, they will find new items, weapons, and even spells.
Some will be stronger than others. The Beast Claw is one of those items. It’s an Incantation that players with high enough Faith will be able to learn and use against their foes.
Here’s how to get it.
- Added a missing Deathroot location
Where to Find Beast Claw in Elden Ring
Players can obtain the Beast Claw by delivering five Deathroots to Gurranq, Beast Clergyman in the Bestial Sanctum in northeastern Caelid.
This is easier said than done. But thankfully, we have everything you need to know to make it as easy as possible to obtain the Beast Claw in Elden Ring.
Where to Find Gurranq, Beast Clergyman
Players will find Gurranq, Beast Clergyman, in the northeastern part of Caelid in the Bestial Sanctum.
Step-by-Step Gurranq Location Guide – Fastest Way
Players can either make their way to the Bestial Sanctum on their mount or use a teleporter shortcut accessible through D, Hunter of the Dead’s questline, which is the easiest way.
Find D, Hunter of the Dead, & Get the Bestial Sanctum Gateway Portal
- You will first encounter D mourning after crossing Saintsbridge in the northern area of Limgrave, taking the east path of the Stormhill Shack.
- Speak with D before defeating the Tibia Mariner* boss in the Summonwater Village, this location is mere steps to the east of where you find D.
- Exhaust D’s dialogue and then proceed to defeat the Tibia Mariner in the Summonwater Village.
- After defeating the Tibia Mariner, D should be near the edge of the boss area.
- Speak to him once again. During his dialogue, he will offer to introduce you to the beast. Select the option “Accept introduction”
- D will mark the location of the gateway portal to the Bestial Sanctum on your map. This portal is located northeast of the Third Church of Marika, where you find the Flask of Wonderous Physick!
- Take the gateway portal, and it will lead you directly to the Bestial Sanctum, where you will meet Gurranq, Beast Clergy.
*Note: If you have already defeated the Tibia Mariner, it is likely D would now be on the Roundtable Hold at the circular table in the main hall. Speak with him, there and follow the same instructions above, and he will still mark the gateway portal on your map.
Obtaining Beast Claw from Gurranq, Beast Clergy
Now that you’ve met with Gurranq, Beast Clergy, he will offer you rewards if you bring him Deathroots. Players will need to give 5 Deathroots to Gurranq, Beast Clergyman, to obtain the Beast Claw.
When giving Gurranq Deathroots, have this pointers into consideration:
- The first time you interact with him, he will give you a Clawmark Seal and Beast Eye for your Deathroot. The Beast Eye is an item that will make it easier to locate the rest of the Deathroot.
- Once you give him the fourth Deathroot, he will become hostile. You’ll need to bring down his HP to a certain limit to get him to stop attacking.
- Once he has stopped, you’ll be able to reset the area at a Site of Grace and speak to him again normally to deliver the fifth Deathroot and get the Beast Claw Incantation as a reward.
Read More: How to Re-Spec Stats & Attributes in Elden Ring
All Deathroot Locations in Elden Ring
There are a total of 9 Deathroots that players can find in Elden Ring:
- Limgrave: Obtained after defeating the Tibia Mariner at Summonwater Village.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Summonwater Village Outskirts
- Limgrave: Found in a chest after defeating the Black Knife Assassin in the Deathtouched Catacombs.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Highroad Cave Site
- Liurnia of the Lakes: Found in a chest after defeating the Cemetary Shade in the Black Knife Catacombs.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Frenzied Flame Village Outskirts
- Liurnia of the Lakes: Dropped by defeating a Tibia Mariner in East Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Artist’s Shack
- Atlus Plateau: Dropped by defeating a Tibia Mariner in Wyndham Ruins.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Sage’s Cave
- Mountaintop of the Giants: Dropped after defeating a Tibia Mariner near Castle Sol. When making your way to Castle Sol, you’ll encounter it on the path down the mountain.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Castle Sol
- Mountaintop of the Giants: Found in a chest after defeating the Ulcerated Tree Spirit in the Giants’ Mountaintops Catacomb.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Zamor Ruins
- Mt. Gelmir: Found in a chest after defeating the Red Wolf of the Champion in Gelmir Hero’s Cave.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Gelmir Hero’s Cave
- Consecrated Snowfields: Found in a chest after defeating the Stray Mimic Tear in the secret catacombs underneath the Hidden Path to the Haligtree Site of Grace.
- Nearest Site of Grace: Hidden Path to the Haligtree
Use our Site of Grace Guide to help you easily locate these areas.
Every Deathroot you can find in Elden Ring will drop from a boss. Most of these bosses are actually a variation of the first Tibia Mariner that you fought in Summonwater Village.
Your Beast Eye will quiver and bring up a prompt on screen when you are near a Deathroot. This will make it helpful because you can confirm you are in the right location.
If you give him multiple Deathroot at once, then you may need to rest at a Site of Grace for him to become hostile so you can continue obtaining the rewards.
All Beastman Clergy Rewards
There are other rewards besides the Beast Claw that you will receive from Gurranq, Beastman Clergy! Here are all of them and the number of Deathroot needed to obtain them.
- Clawmark Seal & Beast Eye – 1
- Bestial Sling Incantation – 2
- Bestial Vitality Incantation – 3
- Ash of War: Beast’s Roar – 4
- Beast Claw Incantation – 5
- Stone of Gurranq – 6
- Beastclaw Greathammer – 7
- Gurranq’s Beast Claw – 8
- Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone – 9
Gurranq’s Beast Claw is a strong version of the Beast Claw that attacks in all directions rather than in a single direction.
Read More: Elden Ring: How to Upgrade Your Items
Beast Claw Best Build, Effects, and Tips
The Clawmark Seal improves the effect of Beastial Incantations; here is a great build to use alongside it:
- Clawmark Seal
- Green Turtle Talisman
- Radagon Icon
- Two Fingers Heirloom
- Beast Champion Set
It’ll require players to have their Faith at 8. If you’re not quite there, check out our guide to help level up your character.
Players that use it will sink their hands in the ground and swipe up, causing five waves of claws to appear and continuously attack enemies.
The Beast Claw is a great AOE attack that can wipe out multiple enemies at once if used correctly. But be careful because it will take a bit of a build-up to unleash. We recommend using the Clawmark Seal that you obtain from first speaking with Gurranq to use this incantation.
For boss fights, make sure you take along strong Spirit Ashes to help you pull off more successful Beast Claw casts.
If you’re still in Limgrave and looking for ways to help you on your journey, then check out our starter guide to help!
Saturday 26th of February 2022
Guide makes no sense you guys have the claw and only tell us how to get 4 roots so yeah…