Elden Ring has introduced crafting into FromSoftware games for the first time – here’s how you can craft items to help you in the Lands Between!
Elden Ring is by far the most ambitious FromSoftware title to date and has mixed familiar elements of past Souls games with some fresh new elements.
While the huge open world in Elden Ring has gotten all of the attention, an overlooked new feature in the game is crafting. This handy new system lets you make items that can help you on your dangerous journey across the Lands Between.
Unfortunately, crafting isn’t unlocked in Elden Ring straight away. However, you can unlock it in just a few minutes by getting a crafting kit – here’s where you can get one!
But first, check out our other beginner’s guides to help you start in Elden Ring:
- Elden Ring: Which Starting Class Is Best For You?
- All Character Classes, Stats, Initial Equipment & Items in Elden Ring
- Elden Ring All Stats Explained
How to Craft Items in Elden Ring & Where to Get Crafting Kit
To craft items in Elden Ring, you’ll need to get a crafting kit first, which you can get from Merchant Kalé at the Church of Elleh in Limgrave.
- Earn 500 runes by killing enemies and opening chests.
- You can get some free, easy runes at the start of Elden Ring if you want to unlock crafting straight away!
- Next, head to the Church of Elleh in Limgrave.
- Go to Merchant Kalé. Their bright red clothing makes them easy to spot!
- Buy a crafting kit from Kalé for 500 runes.
Once you’ve done this, you will be able to craft items in Elden Ring in the pause menu. This is under the ‘Item Crafting’ tab.
You can make a few recipes as soon as you get the crafting kit, providing you have the required materials.
However, these options are limited. You’ll definitely want to find or purchase more crafting recipes to expand the range of items you can make.
While crafting items can help you, you’ll also want to know all of the ways to heal in Elden Ring. After all, topping up your HP regularly is the best way to save you from an untimely death!
Also, once you’ve mastered crafting, you’ll want to learn about more complex aspects of the game: