Elden Ring players can find some of the best Sorcery items in the game by completing the Sorceress Sellen questline.
Elden Ring’s world can be daunting. With so much to do and so little guidance, it is only natural that players will miss a specific questline or two.
This is unfortunate because some of the quest lines will give you some of the best items in Elden Ring.
The Millicent questline will allow players to alter Elden Ring’s ending completely.
While completing the Painting side quests will offer a variety of rewards if appropriately solved.
But if you’re looking to build off Intelligence, the Sorceress Sellen questline is one that you should not miss. Here’s how you can complete it and unlock some of the best Sorcery spells in Elden Ring.
Are you having trouble advancing through the final areas of Elden Ring? You might want to check out this new late-game rune farming area to level up!
How to Start Sorceress Sellen Quest
1. Find Sorceress Sellen and Learn New Sorceries
To complete Sorceress Sellen’s quest, you’ll need to head over the Waypoint Ruins first and talk to her.
This first step is generally pretty simple and can be done pretty early in the game. It’s also helpful for new players looking to use Sorceries because Sorceress Sellen will be able to teach you new Sorcery spells.
To find her, you’ll need to head to the Waypoint Ruins in Limgrave.
- Here you’ll find a Giant Poison Flower and some regular Poison Flowers. You can either defeat them or make your way through them until you find an underground staircase.
- Make your way down the stari case where you’ll need to defeat a Mad Pumpkin Head.
- This boss is sluggish so its attacks are easy to dodge. Wait for the right moment and strike at its body and it should be over with quickly.
- From here open the door and you should be able to talk to Sorceress Sellen. She’ll ask you to become her apprentice.
- Accept and you will be on your way to completing her questline.
You can also buy new Sorcery from Sorceress Sellen from this point on. If you find scrolls, you can bring them to her to add to the list of spells she can teach you.
Keeping track of quests can be overwhelming. Check out these tips to help you complete different objectives and uncover the map!
2. Find Primeval Sorcerer Azur & Comet Azur
After initiating the quest, you’ll need to find the body of Primeval Sorcerer Azur.
You won’t find Primeval Sorcerer Azur until later in the game.
Once you’ve defeated Godrick, the Grafted in Stormveil Castle, and Rennala the Moon Queen in the Raya Lucaria Academy, you’ll be able to push further into the questline.
Of course, you can always skip Stormveil Castle and head directly to Rennala to defeat her.
Whichever way you choose, once you can access Mt. Gelmir, you’ll be able to find Azur in the Primeval Sorcerer Azur Site of Grace.
- Make your way past the Hemit Village to the north.
- Eventually you’ll find Primeval Sorcerer Azur lying next to a Site of Grace, and one of the strongest Sorcery spells in Elden Ring, Comet Azur.
- Go back and speak to Sellen. She’ll ask you for a request.
- Tell her you want to journey together and you’ll receive the Sellian Sealbreaker.
Have trouble finding your way? Here are some tips to help you scale Mt. Gelmir!
3. Find Master Lusat & Stars of Ruin in Sellia Hideaway
Sellen will now send you on a new quest to find Master Lusat, another sorcerer.
You’ll need to make your way to Caelid to find the Sellia Hideaway to find Lusat’s body.
- Make your way to the Church of Plague Site of Grace.
- From here head North until you come across a graveyard of sorts.
- You’ll see a large battlemage in front of a tell tombstone.
- Behind them will be a secret cave entrance. Just hit the stone wall to reveal it.
- Head down the cave. You’ll see some crytals that you can walk on. Walk across until you come face to face with a snail on a crystal.
- Drop down to your left from here. You should see a mage directly infront of you.
- You’ll see a seal past them where you can use the Sellian Sealbreaker.
- Head inside and you will find Master Lusat’s body and the Stars of Ruin Sorcery.
- Now head back to Waypoint Ruins and talk to Sorceress Sellen.
- Tell her you discovered Lusat’s Location in the dialogue options.
To advance to the next part of the quest, you’ll need to make sure you’ve defeated Starscourge Radahn first. This can be done by following through Ranni’s questline, where you will also be able to obtain the highly coveted Dark Moon Greatsword.
Once you’ve done this, Sorceress Sellen will ask a favor of you.
4. Find Sorceress Sellen’s Real Body
She’ll ask you to find her real body. Her current body is merely a projection of her true self.
- Head to the Witchbane Ruins in the Weeping Peninsula.
- To get here head to the Fourth Church or Marika Site of Grace located on the western side of the Weeping Peninsula. Head south and you should see the Witchbane Ruins.
- There will be a few enemies that use rot spells so be careful.
- From here, find the staircase that leads underground.
- You’ll find Sorcerss Sellen’s real body chained up.
- Initate dialogue and eventually you will be given a Primal Glinstone.
She’ll tell you that this Primal Glinstone holds her soul and that her current body will soon be of no more use. So at this point of this quest, you’ll need to find her a new body. Thankfully, Seluvis has one waiting for you.
- From here you’ll need to head back to Ranni’s Rise.
- In the outskirts of the area you’ll see some ruins. Head here and start to roll.
- You’ll uncover Seluvis’ secret underground lair.
- Make your way to tend of his lair and hit the wall.
- This will reveal a small room with Sorceress Sellen’s real body.
Insert the Primal Glinstone into this new body, and it will prompt some dialogue with this new Sorceress Sellen stating that she can now return to the Academy.
From here on, you will no longer be able to find her in the Waypoint Ruins location.
The journey to complete Sellen’s quest is a challenging one. You might want to make sure you have the best Talismans the game has to offer before you push any further!
5. Meet Witch-Hunter Jerren
After finding Sorceress Sellen’s new body, you’ll need to head to Redmane Castle in Caelid. Here you will meet a new member of the quest.
Head to the area where the festival of battle to celebrate Starscourge Radahn was held. Go up the stairs and into the chapel ahead.
You’ll find Jerren here. Talk to him, and he’ll tell you that he is no longer bound to Redmane Castle. With Radahn’s passing, he can tie up loose ends elsewhere.
After this conversation, head back to the Witchbane Ruins to see Sellen’s old body.
You’ll find Jerren standing over the body with his sword. He’ll remark that it felt soulless and state that Sorceress Selen was known for creating chaos.
6. Choose between Jerren and Sorceress Sellen
Now you’ll need to head back to Raya Lucaria Academy to a familiar place. Fast travel to the Raya Lucaria Grand Library Site of Grace. It should have unlocked it after defeating Rennala.
From here, you’ll need to head outside to where you first entered the library. Here you will find two summon signs.
Now you need to make a choice. Either help Sorceress Sellen defend herself against Jerren. Or help Witch-Hunter Jerren complete his mission and defeat Sorceress Sellen.
Each path will offer different rewards. The golden summon sign will allow you to aide Sorceress Sellen, while the red summon sign will allow you to invade alongside Witch-Hunter Jerren.
This is similar to how summoning works in the actual multiplayer component of Elden Ring!
Rewards for helping Witch-Hunter Jerren:
- Rune Arc
- Furlcalling Finger Remedy
- Selen’s Bell Bearing
- Witch’s Glintstone Crown
After defeating Sellen, you’ll be able to talk to Witch-Hunter Jerren outside where the summon signs were. Doing so will reward you with an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone, one of the rarest items in the game.
Rewards for helping Sorceress Sellen:
- Eccentric’s Armor Set
Once you defeat Jerren, you’ll be able to talk to Sorceress Sellen in the middle of the Raya Lucarian Academy. She will give you the Glintstone Kris Dagger, and you will be able to learn the Shard Spiral Sorcery from her.
She’ll be where Rennala usually is at first. Fast travel somewhere else and then come back. You’ll see Rennala back in her usual place and Sorceress Sellen off to the side, looking slightly different. You can find the Witch’s Glinstone Crown next to her.
This will mark the end of Sorceress Sellen’s questline, but there are still a few rewards for you to find.
7. Obtain Azur and Lusat’s Armor
Once you’ve completed Sorceress Sellen’s questline, you’ll be able to return to the bodies of Primeval Sorcerer Azur and Master Lusat to find new rewards waiting for you.
Return to Primeval Sorcerer Azur back at his Site of Grace in Mt. Gelmir and head to where his body once lay.
Here you will find the following armor set waiting for you Azur’s Glinstone Crown, Azur’s Glinstone Robe, Azur’s Manchettes, and the Old Sorcerer’s Legwraps.
Return to Master Lusat back in the Sellia Hideaway and head to where you initially found his body.
Here you will find Lusat’s Glinstone Crown, Lusat’s Robe, and Lusat’s Manchettes.
And there you have it. Once you’ve followed all these steps, you’ll have completed Sorcerer Sellen’s quest completely.
If you’re still looking for weapons to complement your character, then check out some of our build guides: