The ever-so-familiar Patches is back in Elden Ring – here’s where you can find him and complete his questline!
Patches is a fan-favorite (whether you love him or hate him) recurring character in FromSoftware’s titles. He has appeared in various forms in Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne – and now he is back in Elden Ring too!
What’s more, this time, Patches has a whole questline you can complete, and you can earn some great rewards for following it.
Here’s where you can find Patches in Elden Ring as well as how to complete his questline!
Also, check out our full guide on how to complete Elden Ring! It includes everything you need to know about all of the most important parts of the game!
How to Complete Patches Quest in Elden Ring – Locations & Guide
Patches Location 1: Murkwater Cave in Limgrave
- First, you need to go to Murkwater Cave in Limgrave. Outside of the cave, you will be invaded by an NPC as part of Bloody Finger Hunter Yura’s quest.
- Next, work your way through Murkwater Cave until you find a chest behind a boss door. Opening it will cause Patches to ambush you.
- Fight patches until he has around one-quarter of his health left – he will then surrender and you can forgive him when you speak to him.
- Do not kill Patches if you want to continue his quest!
- When you return to Murkwater Cave, Patches will have set up a shop where you can buy items and will say he has a chest of items for you.
- However, this chest is a trap and will transport you to Mistwood Ruins.
Read More: Top 10 Best Weapons to Use in Elden Ring
Patches Location 2: Scenic Isle in Liurnia of the Lakes
- The second location you can find Patches is in the South of Liurnia, at the Scenic Isle Site of Grace.
- If you haven’t been there yet, you can use this secret pathway to skip Stormveil Castle!
- Here, he will once again try to trick you by telling you that being captured by a Virgin Abductor in the Raya Lucaria Academy will take you to the Erdtree. However, this will actually take you below Volcano Manor!
Also Read: The Most Interesting Elden Ring Fan Theories
Patches Location 3: Mt Gelmir & Volcano Manor
- The next part of Patches’ quest in Elden Ring takes place on Mt. Gelmir.
- On your climb up the mountain, near the First Mt. Gelmir Campsite Site of Grace, you might notice a trail of rainbow stones. Follow them and Patches will push you off the cliff and say you will never get to Volcano Manor!
- Once you know how to climb Mt. Gelmir and get to Volcano Manor, you will find Patches in the manor’s hallway.
- After you complete the first Volcano Manor request for Tanith, you will be able to take on a contract on behalf of Patches.
Patches’ Volcano Manor Request – Great Horned Tragoth
- This request tasks you with invading and killing Great Horned Tragoth in the Magma Wyrm Makar boss room in Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
- Killing Tragoth will give you the Bull-Goat Armor set.
- When you return to Patches he will try to not give you the reward. Re-load the area and speak to him again and he will give you the Magma Whip Candlestick.
- After you kill the boss Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy, Patches will leave Volcano Manor and move to one final location.
Final Patches Location – The Shaded Castle
- The final place you can find Patches in Elden Ring is in The Shaded Castle in the north of Altus Plateau. He is on the bridge before you get to the boss.
- Speak to him and he will give you the Dancer’s Castanets. You can give this to Tanith of Volcano Manor but they don’t seem to do anything.
- If you attack Patches here, he will die in one hit. However, even if you don’t, he will be gone the next time your return with his questline seemingly unfinished.
- UPDATE: The Elden Ring 1.04 update added the conclusion to the Patches questline.
- Here’s how to complete the final part of Patches quest in Elden Ring.
Read More: Elden Ring: All Endings Explained and How to Unlock Them
And that’s how you can complete Patches quest in Elden Ring. Alternatively, if you can’t stand him (like me) you could just kill him at any point – the choice is yours!
How to Complete Other Vital Elden Ring Side Quests:
- Ranni Quest Guide: How to Get the Moonlight Greatsword
- How to Complete Dung Eater Questline – Guide & Seedbed Curse Locations
- How to Complete Latenna Questline – Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone Reward
If you need some more help tracking down Patches, look no further than the guide below by Gaming with Abyss.