Elden Ring has many quests in store for its players, and one of the quests you can find in Caelid is Millicent’s quest.
FromSoftware games are famous for their lack of guidance. Soulslike games do not take players by their hands and take them from point “A” to point “B.”
In fact, these titles do the total opposite. They are pretty vague when it comes to giving directions on where to go next. Elden Ring is certainly no exception to this rule.
Usually, quests are given by an NPC that utters basic instructions about what you should do next. Some of these quests only activate after speaking to an NPC several times, making the situation even more cryptic.
Due to the nature of questlines in Elden Ring, it is fairly simple to miss many of these objectives in a playthrough completely.
For instance, you can miss Ranni’s Quest altogether if you are not keen to observe all the details around you!
The Millicent Questline is one that you can easily miss if you do not know what you are looking for in Elden Ring!
Where to Start Millicent Questline in Elden Ring
1. Find Gowry and Speak with Him
Millicent’s questline does not start directly with her on Elden Ring. To trigger the beginning of this quest, you need to find and talk with Gowry.
Also, tracking quest progress in the game can be a bit cumbersome; here are some tips for tracking quests in Elden Ring.
Here is how to find Gowry’s Shack in Elden Ring:
- The shack is located in the central portion of Caelid:
- If you are entering Caelid for the first time: Follow the main road without taking any detours. You will eventually reach Sellia Gateway, continue traveling north from that point to reach Gowry’s Shack.
- If you have explored Caelid before: Fast travel to the Souther Eonia Bank Swamp or to the Caelid Highway South Site of Grace and follow the main road until you reach the shack.
Once you speak with him, he will tell you to find an Unalloyed Gold Needle to heal Millicent, who is located beyond Sellia.
In return for this favor, he offers to share the secrets of the town of Sellia.
Read More: Elden Ring is the Best Selling Game of 2022 So Far
2. Find the Unalloyed Gold Needle
You can find Commander O’Neil in the deep area of the scarlet Swamp of Aeonia in a large clearing.
Be prepared as this boss falls under the Great Enemy category.
Tips for the Commander O’Neil boss fight:
- Commander O’Neil summons ghostly warriors to aid him in battle, due to this, it is always a great idea to summon help from other players, or use the Ashes of War Elden Ring offers
- If you are playing alone, you can try to defeat this boss while horseback riding, this is especially useful it you have ranged magic attacks
After defeating this boss, you will receive the Unalloyed Gold Needle and 12,000 runes.
3. Repair the Unalloyed Gold Needle & Open the Path to the Church of the Plague
After receiving the needle, go back to Gowry’s Shack and give him the needle. He will ask you for some time to fix it and also give you Sellia’s Secret.
Fast travel to a nearby location and return to Gowry. He will then give you the repaired needle. Alternatively, you can also quit the game and reload instead of traveling to a nearby point.
Sellia’s Secret reads: ” The Town of Sellia hides the source Light three flames atop the candle towers to break the seal.” With this new information, go to Sellia, Town of Sorcery, and light the beacons there.
Lighting the beacons opens up the way to the Church of the Plague. Follow this newly unlocked path until you reach the church.
Also Read: How to Solve All Paintings + Locations
4. Get the Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom Talisman, Talk to Gowry & Millicent
To continue Millicent’s questline in Elden Ring, you will need to get the Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom.
Follow these steps to get this item:
- Find Millicent at the Church of the Plague
- After she uses the needle, quit and reload the game
- Speak to Millicent once again and talk with her until you exhaust her dialogue
After this occurs, Millicent hands you the Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom Talisman. This Talisman raises Dexterity by 5.
Talismans can be quite helpful! Here is a list of the best Talismans and where to find them in Elden Ring.
Head back to Gowry and speak to him. He will now offer to sell sorceries.
Fast travel to another close location, return to Gowry’s Shack, and talk to Millicent. She will tell you she is going on a journey.
5. Get the Valkyrie’s Prosthesis & Deliver It to Millicent
This quest moves from Caelid to the Altus Plateau in this part. If you need help getting to this location, here is everything you need to know to get to Altus Plateau in Elden Ring.
To get the Valkyrie’s Prosthesis, you will need to reach The Shaded Castle in Altus Plateau.
To get to The Shaded Castle and collect the Valkyrie’s Prosthesis, follow these steps:
- The Shaded Castle is located on the northern part of the Altus Plateau. If you have already explored this area, you can fast travel to the Bridge of Iniquity and you will find the castle north from this point. If you need guidance, here is a list of all the Sites of Grace in the Elden Ring.
- Once in the Shaded Castle you will find several sites of grace to ease your navigation through the location.
- As you explore The Shaded Castle, you will find a room guarded by a single Cleanrot Knight. This room is located on the northwestern edge of the castle.
- Defeat the knight, go inside the room and collect the Valkyrie’s Prosthesis from the chest inside
Once you get this item, you can deliver it to Millicent, now located north of the Erdtree-Gazing Hill Site of Grace.
Make sure you exhaust all her dialogue options as she will not receive the Valkyrie’s Prosthesis until then.
6. Defeat The Godskin Apostle & Follow Millicent
Your next stop in this quest is Windmill Heights in Windmill Village. This village is located east of The Shaded Castle.
You will have to defeat The Godskin Apostle to go forward in Millicent’s Questline on Elden Ring. You can find this boss northeast through Windmill Village, waiting near a windmill.
Here are some tips to defeat The Godskin Apostle:
- If you are a magic user, a good strategy is to use Glintblade Phalanx, Glintsote Stars, or any other multi-projectile spell to break this boss’ poise
- The attacks of the Godskin Apostle have a decent range, so keeping medium distance is recommended
- Get in one or two attacks after this boss performs its Stab and Slash or Jumping Slash attacks
- This boss battle allows for co-op and the use of Spirit Ashes, here is everything you need to know about Elden Ring’s co-op.
You will face this boss once again, but with an upped amount of challenge. If you want to prepare for this battle, here is the best strategy to defeat the Godskin Duo in Elden Ring.
After this boss battle, you need to talk with Millicent a couple of times:
- First, find Millicent at the Site of Grace near Windmill Heights after reloading the game, talk to her until you exhaust her dialogue
- After this conversation, you will find Millicent once again at the Site of Grace on Snow Valley Ruins at Mountaintop of the Giants, once again talk to her until exhausting her dialogue, here is how to get to Mountaintops of the Giants in case you need additional guidance
- Talk one last time to her in the Prayer Room in Haligtree
7. Defeat Ulcerated Tree Spirit
The next and almost final step to this quest is defeating the Ulcerated Tree Spirit mini-boss located near Elphael Inner Wall, hiding beneath the second lake of rot past the second set of branches.
Here are some tips to defeat the Ulcerated Tree Spirit:
- This boss has two particular attacks that cause huge damage: a bite attack and an area attack with lightning.
- Avoid Bite Attack: After this mini-boss roars, it will crawl up walls or move around violently in the area. As soon as it opens its mode wide open, roll away to avoid the attack. Using your shield can be a mixed bag here and can also cause some damage.
- Avoid Lightning Area Attack: As soon as the mini-boss stays still and starts charging, roll away from it. Even if you think you are far enough, KEEP ROLLING, and watch out the floor for lightning marks as this will cause damage once the boss roars.
- Focus on this boss and keep as close as possible to it, just roll whenever it uses its claws to stomp or it is about to move violently. Roll and keep rolling is the key whenever this boss moves around, as soon as it calms down, get close to it again and continue dealing damage.
If you want to increase your Spirit Ash repertoire, here is where to find every Spirit Ash Summon in Elden Ring!
8. Choose The Ending of Millicent’s Questline in Elden Ring
This quest has two different endings that grant completely different rewards.
To choose an ending for Millicent’s Quest in Elden Ring, follow these steps:
- Right after defeating the Ulcerated Tree Spirit mini-boss, rest on the Site of Grace at this location.
- In the arena where you defeated this mini-boss you will find two summon signs, a golden one and a read one, you can choose one of these marks to select the ending for Millicent’s quest in Elden Ring.
- Challenge Millicent (Red Summon Sign):
- In this ending you face Millicent and defeat her
- Receive Millicent’s Prosthesis, a Rune Arch, and 7261 Runes
- Return to Gowry’s Shack to find him dead, collect the Flock’s Canvas Talisman and Gowry’s Bell Bearing, if you are interested in these items, here are all the bell bearing locations in Elden Ring
- Assist Millicent (Gold Summon Sign):
- In this ending you help Millicent to defeat the boss Millicent’s sisters, which are four difficult NPCs
- After defeating them, you will receive the Rotten Winged Sword Insignia Talisma, which greatly raises the attack power of successive attacks
- You will find Millicent in the area, exhaust her dialogue, leave the area and fast travel to it again to retrieve the Unalloyed Gold Needle from Millicent’s remains
- Return to Gowry’s Shack and exhaust his dialogue
- After defeating Malenia, the Haligtree area boss, you can return the Unalloyed Gold Needle and get Miquella’s Needle
- You can use this needle to alter the ending in a particular way
Read More: How to Upgrade Spirit Ashes Summons
This brings Millicent’s Quest in Elden Ring to an end! If you are up for another quest, here is how to complete the Slumbering Wolf Shack quest!
Source: Elden Ring Wiki