Jar Bairn is a brand-new NPC in Elden Ring and adds a new quest too. Here’s how to complete the Jar Bairn questline and get the Companion Jar Talisman.
Elden Ring’s Lands Between is huge. Not only are there many different locations to explore, but there are also plenty of side quests to find.
Once you know how to track quests in Elden Ring, you’ll want to be seeking out all of the side quests as they can reward you with powerful items.
The latest side quest in the game, to do with the new NPC Jar Bairn, rewards you with the companion Jar Talisman. Here’s how to complete Jar Bairn’s questline and get this great reward!
But first, check out how to complete the best side quests in Elden Ring:
- Ranni Quest Guide: How to Get the Moonlight Greatsword
- Elden Ring: How to Complete Millicent Quest
- How to Complete Sorceress Sellen Quest
How to Complete Jar Bairn Quest in Elden Ring
Completing the Jar Bairn Quest takes a number of steps. You’ll have to visit Jarburg, talk to Diallos and Volcano Manor and even get to Crumbling Farum Azula to complete it!
- First, you’ll need to head to Jarburg. This is located in the east Liurnia of the Lakes and you can get down there safely by carefully hopping down on the pillars sticking out of the cliffside.
- Talk to the jar that is sitting on the stairs – this is Jar Bairn.
- Choose the response “I’ll be your Potetnate,” and Jar Bairn will check your hands and say your skin is too rough.
- Continue talking to him and get through all of the dialogue options – he will ask you to pick some flowers.
- Next, to continue the Jar Bairn quest, you need Diallos to have returned from Volcano Manor. This takes a few steps.
- First, speak to Diallos in Roundtable Hold.
- Then, find Diallos and the body of his servant Lanya, just north of the Academy Gate Town Site of Grace.
- Talk to Diallos at Roundtable Hold again and he will head to Volcano Manor.
- You will then need to know how to get to Volcano Manor as you can find Diallos in the Drawing Room there.
- Complete the Volcano Manor contracts or defeat the boss Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy to get Diallos to go to Jarburg.
Also Read: Elden Ring: Soft Caps For All Stats & Attributes – Efficient Level Up Guide
- Once Diallos is in one of the small shacks in Jarburg, you can start the second part of the Jar Bairn Elden Ring quest. You’ll then need to travel elsewhere and then travel back.
- When you travel back, the town will be damaged. Talk to both Diallos and Jar Bairn and hear everything they have to say.
- Travel back and forward from the town a few more times and you will find that a poacher has visited Jarburg and broken lots of the pots. What’s more, Diallos is dying after defeating the poacher.
- Tell Diallos that he defended the jars.
- Travel away and back to Jarburg and talk to Jar Bairn – he will tell you he wants to be a warrior.
- Next, once you get to Crumbling Farum Azula, you need to defeat the other jar, Iron Fist Alexander (after completing his questline), to get his innards.
- Give Alexander’s Innards to Jar Bairn, who is sitting on the stairs again.
- Travel away and then back to this spot on the stairs and pick up the Companion Jar Talisman.
Read More: Elden Ring: Best Talismans & Where to Find Them – Locations + Maps
Also, check out Games From Mars‘ video if you need help completing the Jar Bairn quest in Elden Ring.