Elden Ring has plenty of obscure side stories for you to complete, including Fia’s quest.
The story in Elden Ring is as convoluted as you would expect it to be in a Soulslike title.
Even though George R. R. Martin penned much of the lore, the story is still as vague as you would expect from a FromSoftware game.
You can only learn the story in Elden Ring through its many quests, item description, and NPCs around The Lands Between.
If you want to deep dive into Elden Ring’s lore, completing Fia’s quest is an excellent way to understand many events in the game.
Here is every step you need to take to complete Fia’s quest in Elden Ring!
- How to Complete Fia Quest in Elden Ring – Locations & Guide
- 1. Get to the Roundtable Hold
- 2. Find D, Obtain a Deathroot, & Get to Altus Plateau
- 3. Deliver the Weathered Dagger & Get the Black Knifeprint
- 4. Deliver the Black Knifeprint & Collect D’s Twinned Armor
- 5. Get the Cursemark of Death
- 6. Reach Deeproot Depths & Find D’s Brother
- 7. Find Fia in Deeproot Depths & Deliver the Cursemark of Death
- 8. Defeat the Lichdragon Fortissax & Quest Rewards
How to Complete Fia Quest in Elden Ring – Locations & Guide
1. Get to the Roundtable Hold
The first thing to do is meet Fia at the Roundtable Hold and talk to her. She is located in the room that is right before reaching the Blacksmith.
Talk to her and let her hold you. This will give you the Baldachin’s Blessing, a consumable that grants a 35% physical damage negation for 15 seconds and a boost in poise.
Keep in mind that having the Baldachin’s Blessing on your inventory decreases your max HP by 5%. To remove this debuff, simply consume the item and rest at a Site of Grace.
Read More: Breathtaking In-Game Screenshots in Elden Ring
2. Find D, Obtain a Deathroot, & Get to Altus Plateau
You can find D in Limgrave, northeast of the Summonwater Village Outskirts Site of Grace. Also, you will find a Tibia Mariner at the Summonwater Village close to this location, which grants you a Deathroot.
- After getting this item, travel to the Roundtable Hold and show the Deathroot to D and accept the introduction to the Gurranq, the Beast Clergyman.
- After initially speaking with Fia on the Roundtable Hold, you will not be able to progress her questline for a while. In order to progress in her story, you need to reach Altus Plateau.
- Here is everything you need to know to get to Altus Plateau in Elden Ring. Once you reach this location, rest at any Site of Grace in Altus Plateau and then travel back to the Roundtable Hold.
- Speak with Fia again and choose the “Talk in Secret” option once she holds you to receive the Weathered Dagger.
3. Deliver the Weathered Dagger & Get the Black Knifeprint
After getting the Weathered Dagger from Fia, give it to D. Once you have given this item to D, exhaust its dialogue and return to Fia.
Once you talk to Fia, she will mark your map with the location of the Black Knife Catacombs in Liurnia of the Lakes.
Reach the Black Knife Catacombs and defeat the secret boss in this dungeon. Here is how to find the secret Black Knife Assasin boss in the Black Knife Catacombs:
- Get to the Black Knife Catacombs.
- In this catacomb, there is a room with two falling guillotines. As soon as it falls, get on top of it so it can carry you up. As soon as you see a secret passage, jump into it.
- Defeat all the enemies in this area and follow the path until the very end.
- Once you reach the end of this path, hit the wall to reveal the entrance to this boss
- Defeat the Black Knife Assasin to get the Black Knifeprint
Also Read: How to Beat Elden Ring – Full Guide + Tips & Tricks
4. Deliver the Black Knifeprint & Collect D’s Twinned Armor
- Once you have the Knifeprint with you, go to the Roundtable Hold and deliver it to Rogier. You encounter this NPC initially at Stormveil Castle, near the Rampart Tower Site of Grace.
- Rogier is on the right side of the balcony at the Roundtable Hold.
- After delivering this item, rest on the Site of Grace at the Roundtable Hold to reload the area. Go to the Blacksmith’s area; you should see a newly opened door at the end of the hall.
- Enter this room. You should see Fia there; talk to her, and she will disappear after her dialogue is over. Also, you can collect D’s Twinned Armor on the floor of this room.
Looking for the Best FP Talisman in the Game? Elden Ring: How to Get Carian Filigreed Crest – Best FP Talisman Location
5. Get the Cursemark of Death
This is one of the most extensive steps required to complete this quest. Fia’s quest in Elden Ring intersects with Ranni’s quest.
- You need to follow Ranni’s quest up to a certain point to get the Inverted Statue to access the Divine Tower of Liurnia, where the Cursemark of Death is located.
- As you progress this questline, you will face one of the most challenging bosses up to this point in the game. This is the best strategy to defeat General Radahn, one of the Demi-Gods in Elden Ring.
- Once you reach the Divine Tower of Liurnia, you will be able to collect the Cursemark of Death.
6. Reach Deeproot Depths & Find D’s Brother
Once you have collected the Cursemark of Death, head to the Siofra Aqueducts to get to Deeproot Depths to continue Fia’s quest in Elden Ring.
Here is a brief explanation of how to get to this location. If you need further details, here is a full explanation of how to get to Deeproot Depths!
- Fast travel to the Ancestral Woods Site of Grace in Nokron, the Eternal City.
- Travel northeast, past some jellyfishes, jump onto the ledge near these enemies, and continue this path until you reach the Aqueduct-Facing Cliffs Site of Grace.
- Since you are already in this location, you can find D’s brother and give him the Twinned Armor.
- Travel through the aqueducts and face the two Gargoyles at the Great Waterfall Basin and activate the Site of Grace.
- There is a coffin by the waterfalls. Interact with it and get transported to Deeproot Depths.
7. Find Fia in Deeproot Depths & Deliver the Cursemark of Death
Here is how to find Fia in Deeproot Depths:
- After arriving at this new location, travel west from Great Wall Crest until you reach the Deeproot Depths Site of Grace.
- From there, continue traveling northwest, following the edge of the waterfall. Eventually, you will find tree branches you can climb. Climb these roots until you reach the Across the Roots Site of Grace.
- Now, head to the giant arena near this Site of Grace and defeat Fia’s Champions.
- Rest on the Site of Grace that appears after defeating the Champions, and after this, you should find Fia nearby.
- Talk to her and allow her to embrace you. Once the dialogue prompt shows, select “Give Cursemark of Death.” She will give you the Radiant Baldachin’s Blessing as soon as you do this.
- Rest on the Site of Grace, and talk to her until you exhaust her dialogue. Do this several times if needed until she says her goodbyes and falls asleep.
Looking to Level Up Fast? New Elden Ring Flying Horse Rune Farm Glitch – Easy Unlimited Runes
8. Defeat the Lichdragon Fortissax & Quest Rewards
Once Fia falls asleep, interact with her once more and select the “Enter the Deathbed Dream” option.
This boss can be a challenging battle. Nevertheless, you can make this boss fight more accessible with the right strategy.
This is the best strategy to defeat Lichdragon Fortissax in Elden Ring!
These are the rewards you can get for this quest if you have followed all of the instructions above:
- After you defeat this boss, you will receive the Mending Rune of the Death-Prince for the Age of Duskborn ending. If you are curious about the endings in this game, this is the explanation for all the endings in Elden Ring.
- You can exchange Lichdragon Fortissax’s Remembrance for the Fortissax’s Lightning Spear or the Death Lightning Incantations.
- Fast Travel to Fia’s location, and you will find D’s brother here. Exhaust his dialogue and rest on the Site of Grace to reload the area. Once the area reloads, collect the Inseparable Sword and the Twinned Armor.
- As well, you can collect Fia’s Hood and Fia’s Robe at the location where she used to be asleep.
Trying to Complete All Quests Before the Ending? Every Major Quest in Elden Ring
Now, you should have successfully completed Fia’s quest in Elden Ring!
Source: Its Shatter