FromSoftware games are filled with notoriously difficult boss battles, with Elden Ring continuing the trend in a big way. Few are tougher than the Godskin Duo, so here’s what you need to know to take them both down.
Game writer Hidetaka Miyazaki was as creative as ever when naming the bosses of Elden Ring, with the game’s fantasy routes on show. However, the Godskin Duo moniker leaves little to the imagination.
Not only are you battling creatures as powerful as Gods… you’re fighting two simultaneously. These foes would be a major challenge on their own but as a pair, they’re infuriatingly difficult.
That’s why our guide is here to help you defeat the Godskin Duo and claim the elusive bell-bearing that they drop!
Want to find every bell-bearing in the Lands Between? Here’s where you can collect them and grab some new gear from the Twin Husks!
- Added the location to find this boss
Where to Find the Godskin Duo Boss
You can find the Godskin Duo boss at the Dragon Temple Altar in Crumbling Farum Azula. To locate this boss, follow these steps:
- If you have not yet unlocked the Dragon Temple Transept, you can start from the Dragon Temple Grace to find this boss
- To get to the Dragon Temple Transept, drop to the levels below from the stairs in front of the Dragon Temple Grace and follow the doorway path
- From the Transept Grace, follow the path to reach the Godskin Duo boss
- Defeating this boss will unlock the Dragon Temple Altar Site of Grace
If you are just starting to navigate Crumbling Farum Azula, these are all the Sites of Grace in this area to help you get to the Altar.
Best Strategy to Beat the Godskin Duo
Here’s everything you need to know in preparation for your battle with the Godskin Duo in Elden Ring:
- This boss fight is not optional. If you want to progress through the area, they must die.
- Multiplayer is allowed, so you can summon a friend to make it fair fight.
- Summoning of Spirit Ashes is also permitted, and highly recommended.
- The Mimic Tear Spirit Ash is the best option. Here’s where to find Mimic Tear.
- The Duo consists of the Godskin Apostle & Godskin Noble. You can fight these bosses separately in optional encounters. During this fight, as a pair, their individual movesets will be the same. Therefore, it’s recommended to fight them on their own to learn their attacks.
- The Duo has individual health bars above their heads. However, they share a health pool, so the fight isn’t won until their shared health bar reaches zero.
- Until then, even if you defeat one boss, their ally will revive them.
- Using sleep-afflicting items to knock out one boss will allow you to focus on the other. You can do this with items like Sleep Pots.
- The Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War is extremely effective. Here’s the location of the Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War if you want to give it a go
- Position yourself behind a pillar, and the attacking will damage the boss through it!
- Combine this with the Mimic Tear Spirit Ash to distract and damage the boss you’re not targeting. Make sure you upgrade the Spirit first, though. Here’s how you can do that and boost its worth in combat!
- We recommend upgrading the Mimic Tear summon to as high a level as possible. Low-level summons will not last long enough to be effective.
- Make sure you use the pillars around the arena to your advantage. The bosses can destroy them, but the base of the pillar will remain in place. They can still create some distance, but the Duo can attack you over the broken pillars.
- However, you can jump onto the broken pillars. Use this to your advantage, particularly during the second phase. The flabby boss will roll around the arena, but he can’t hit you if you’re atop a broken pillar.
- Watch out for their black-flame attacks. The area-of-effect attacks can do significant damage, but they also leave their partner open to one-on-one attacks for a moment.
Godskin Duo Boss Loot – Bell Bearing & Ash of War
You receive a huge 170,000 Runes reward, the Smithing-Stone Miners Bell Bearing , and the Black Flame Tornado Ash of War!
Mimic Tear not your style? Check out how to get another Spirit Ash that many players believe is even stronger!
Or maybe you’re looking for an Ash of War that’s OP in boss fights? Here’s where you can find the Bloody Slash weapon skill and cut through your opponents like butter!
Take a look at the Duo in action with this clip from YouTuber xHolmesWalkthroughsx7.