Godrick the Grafted is one of Elden Ring’s most iconic boss fights, and you’ll be facing him relatively early on. Here’s how to take the Elden Ring boss down.
If you’re just starting out on your adventure in the Lands Between, Godrick the Grafted will act as one of the game’s first major boss encounters.
That said, there are many different paths for a player to begin their journey on. However, if you’re one of the users wishing to head to Stormveil Castle early on, you’ll have to deal with Godrick.
Be sure you’re ready for a fight, with the best possible Ashes of War in Elden Ring to power you up.
And since you’ll be dodging more than blocking in this fight, it’s time to rely on Two-Handing your Elden Ring weapons!
And if you’re unhappy with your build, there is a way to re-spec your stats in Elden Ring!
Best Strategy to Beat Godrick The Grafted in Elden Ring
- When Godrick plunges his weapon into the ground, run and jump attack the boss! A shockwave will soon catch approaching grounded players off-guard.
- Use the nearby headstones for cover when you need to use flasks to replenish your health and FP.
- Also, make sure you know how to upgrade your flasks to stand a better chance against the powerful enemy!
- Make use of these Spirit Ash Summons to distract Godrick too.
- A warrior NPC by the name of Nepheli Loux is found in a room near the courtyard leading to Godrick. Summon her as an excellent tank/distraction tactic.
- With enough heavy melee strikes, Godrick can be staggered, leaving him open to a close-range critical hit.
- What’s more, the boss suffers at range in this phase, so retreat after striking, to hit him with some powerful long-range magic!
- In Phase 2, Godrick the Grafted will cut off his own arm and replace it with a dragon head. Now, the boss has access to several flaming attacks, all originating from his new arm.
- When Godrick raises his dragon arm to the sky, immediately run at him (or away if you’re already close). Fire will rain from the sky, so it pays to stay on the move.
- If Godrick draws back his dragon arm while you’re up close, immediately dodge away or you’ll get grabbed and burnt to a crisp.
- When the dragon is breathing a constant stream of fire along to ground, back up as much as possible to avoid it.
- Because of the new threat, Phase 2 becomes more of a deadly game of hit and run.
Loot Rewards for Beating Godrick The Grafted
After Godrick falls, you’ll be awarded Godrick’s Great Rune and Remembrance of the Grafted. You’ll need to head to Limgrave Tower to unlock the power of the Rune, bear in mind, but doing so will raise all of your Elden Ring attributes for free!
Use the Remembrance in Roundtable Hold to access the Finger Reader. Here you can forge the Axe of Godrick or Grafted Dragon, which are well worth your time.