Facing Godfrey a second time in Elden Ring is challenging without the right approach!
One of the main reasons fans love Soulslikes like Elden Ring is due to its boss fights. You will encounter dozens of these nefarious enemies as you travel through The Lands Between.
You will find some of these enemies more than once, and that is the case with Godfrey.
As you would expect, the second time you meet this obligatory boss, it is considerably more challenging than the first time.
The next time you encounter this boss, it will have a physical form, instead of being a Golden Shade of its former self.
Here is everything you need to know to defeat Godfrey, First Elden Lord Hoarah Loux in Elden Ring!
Godfrey also presents itself as Godfrey, First Elden Lord (Golden Shade) earlier in the game, here is how to defeat the Golden Shade version of this boss.
Best Strategy to Defeat Godfrey, First Elden Lord Hoarah Loux
Where to Find Godfrey, First Elden Lord Hoarah Loux
You can find Godfrey in Leyndell, Capital of Ash. This boss fight happens at the later part of the game after the events in Crumbling Farum Azula.
If you need help getting to this location, here is how to get to Crumbling Farum Azula.
In the Capital of Ash, you can find Godfrey southeast of the Site of Grace at Queen’s Bedchamber, right in the chamber where you fought Morgott.
Tips to Defeat Godfrey, First Elden Lord Hoarah Loux
Godfrey, First Elden Lord Hoarah Loux has two different stages in Elden Ring, here is how you can defeat it.
If you feel you need to level up a bit more before this fight, there is an excellent place to farm runes by the endgame of Elden Ring.
Godfrey First Stage
- For the first stage, Godfrey will behave very similar to its Golden Shade version, here is every tip needed to defeat Godfrey Golden Shade
- During this stage, Godfrey swing its axe above its head, as soon as it does this, make sure you get away as an explosive area attack follows
- For this area attack in particular, if you are away from Godfrey, try to jump to avoid the shockwaves and if you are closer to it try rolling
- Whenever Godfrey swings its axe and drags it from behind to flip it over is the perfect chance to deal damage, do not get greedy as this is a pretty small window
- If you want to save HP for the the second stage of this boss it is recommended that you summon a Spirit Ash, preferably a Spirit Ash that you have upgraded
- Additionally, multiplayer is also available for this boss battle
After this boss, you will be near to ending Elden Ring. Here are some collectibles and quests you might want to complete before finishing the story:
- Elden Ring: Where to Find All Legendary Talismans – Locations + Map
- Elden Ring: How to Solve All Paintings + Locations
- Where to Find All Bell Bearing Locations + Maps
- Elden Ring: All Walking Mausoleum Locations
- Where to Find Every Spirit Ash Summon
- Elden Ring: Where to Find All Crystal Tears Locations + Map
Hoarah Loux Warrior Second Stage
- This second stage completely changes battle pace, Godfrey gets rid of its armor, takes the name Hoarah Loux, and directly attacks with its bare hands so you will have to drastically adjust your strategy with the next tips
- As soon as Hoarah Loux crosses its arms try to create some distance from it, as it runs towards you focus on it, once it gets real close roll backwards to dodge this attack, missing this dodge will result in it grabbing you and dealing massive damage
- Hoarah Loux roars before jumping and crashing against the ground causing a huge area atttack, as soon as it roars, create distance as fast as possible to avoid damage
- Using the Wondrous Physick Flask with the Opaline Bubble Tear is a great idea to avoid one hit KOs, if you do not have this Tear yet, here is how to locate and obtain all Crystal Tears in Elden Ring
- Just as in phase one, this boss uses a stomp area attack, it is hard to determine exactly when Hoarah Loux is going to hit the ground but if you can time your roll appropriately you can avoid damage by rolling forward
- Avoid corners at all costs! If you are trapped in a corner, that is almost certainly the end for you
- Aside from the area attack, you can dodge most of this boss’ attacks by rolling up and then right when you are close to it, right after dodging is your chance to get some attacks in
- Pro-Tip: Hoarah Loux roar does not cause damage of any type, so do not be afraid to continue attacking it if its next move is roaring
Now that you have defeated Godfrey, you are close to finishing your path as a Tarnished in Elden Ring!