The Fire Giant is the only mandatory main boss in The Mountaintops of the Giants’ region of the map. One of the hardest bosses in Elden Ring if you do not know how to approach the fight, and beat Fire Giant.
Elden Ring is full of challenging bosses, and generally all the main bosses in the second half of the game are fairly strong.
Fire Giant is not an exception. Some of his attacks are tedious and frustrating to dodge, but if you know how to position the fight becomes much easier.
Be sure to check out this easy new strategy to beat ANY boss in Elden Ring – including the Fire Giant!
Best Strategy to Beat Fire Giant in Elden Ring
Where to Find Fire Giant in Elden Ring?
You can find Fire Giant in the bottom right corner of the Mountaintops of the Giants map. The boss is located left to the huge Forge of the Giants. The closest Site of Grace is Foot of the Forge.
Players will get to that location by using the medallion received from Melina. You get it after defeating one of the hardest bosses in the game.
You will need to use this medallion on the lift in the East section of the city of Leyndell.
Tips to Defeat Fire Giant
If you are struggling, you can level up fast before this encounter. There is an awesome place to farm runes, especially for endgame in Elden Ring.
Best Weapons to Beat Fire Giant in Elden Ring
- It is a huge boss and magic is not always the best option for him. Instead, getting up-close-and-personal is key
- The best weapons are smaller, faster swords like katanas
- You can use any katana to defeat the boss depending on your build
- If you are intelligence based character, be sure to get your hands on the Moonveil katana
- For arcane users, use the ridiculous Rivers of Blood katana, one of the game’s best weapons
- Universally best katana that works well too is Uchigatana
Fire Giant First Phase
- The best strategy for this stage is to simply run towards the Fire Giant
- Make sure to dodge his first attack where he flips to the ground. It can be tricky at times, took me a couple of tries to time it right
- Make sure to stay on Torrent and go underneath the boss
- Focus on his left leg, it is his weak point
- Whenever Fire Giant rolls away just run towards him as fast as possible
- Most of the attacks will not reach you if you are under the boss
Fire Giant Second Phase
- After getting rid of half of the Fire Giant’s HP the second phase will start
- The strategy is pretty similar, however now the enemy’s left arm will be its weak point.
- To make it easier you can summon any Spirit Ash to get the aggro. However, there’s definitely a best option when it comes to Spirit Ash Summons in Elden Ring!
- Be sure to level up your Spirit Ash Summons for best results!
- Ride behind the boss and beat his legs some more with the katana
- The fight is pretty simple, the second phase is not that terrible. However, be aware that the boss will now roll to the side when you’re attacking his ankles, so be sure to be behind him in a position that won’t get hit.
- Dodging and running away from this boss will not work out that great for you as the Fire Giant has surprising range on some attacks. Instead, stick to a medium range, even when using magic
- Meanwhile, make sure to avoid his magic fire attacks. When you see fire on the ground or huge fire orbs approaching you, just run away on Torrent
It is a fairly hard boss fight, but if you know the right approach. If you are patient you will beat the Fire Giant in Elden Ring. If you are looking for more challenges take a look at the locations of all the bosses in Elden Ring.
Other Important Elden Ring Guides
- Elden Ring: All Golden Seed Locations + Maps
- Where to Find All Larval Tear Locations in Elden Ring + Maps
- Where to Find All Crystal Tears Locations + Map
Thanks to YouTuber Obsoleek for creating the following video guide to help you beat the Fire Giant in Elden Ring.