Elden Ring is full of tricky boss encounters, and the Crystalian is certainly one resilient enemy! Here’s how to take it down.
If you’re having issues with Elden Ring boss fights, you’re not the only one. The game is notoriously difficult, especially for those coming into battles unprepared.
It’s important to grab one of Elden Ring’s best early game weapons near the beginning of the game. That way, you can upgrade it as you make your way through the dangerous Lands Between.
But when it comes to upgrading your kit, you’ll need to get your hands on a hefty supply of Smithing Stones. The good news: there’s a way to get infinite Smithing Stones 1+2 in Elden Ring!
The bad news: you’ll have a boss to beat in order to get your hands on the coveted prize. Thankfully, we’ve got a guide to beating the Crystalian in Elden Ring with ease.
Read More: Elden Ring: How to Skip Stormveil Castle
Best Strategy to Defeat Crystalian in Elden Ring
The best way to defeat the Crystalian boss is to break its poise and use blunt weapons with high strike damage against it. This is because it is weak to Strike damage, and while its poise is still intact, the Crystalian will be impervious to most damage.
- Crystalian Weaknesses:
- Strike Damage
- Critical Hits
- The Crystalian Boss come in singles, duos, trios, and even in Scarlet Rot form. Knowing how to use their weaknesses against them will help you make quick work of these troublesome enemies.
- Perhaps the most crucial tip you need to be aware of is how to break the Crystalian’s poise. Doing this will allow players to deal increased damage. If its poise is still intact, then it will have ridiculously high defensive stats.
- Be sure to have a blunt weapon with high strike damage equipped to help you do the most amount of damage. Without a blunt weapon, you’ll need to do your best to stagger the Crystalian and land criticals.
- Another important tip you need to know about Crystalians is it’s one of the few bosses that are weak to backstabs. Wait until the creature uses a long animation (such as the Ringblade toss), and then strafe around behind it for a critical hit.
- After knocking down your enemy, try to circle in for a critical hit. This will deal the most possible damage to your enemy if you don’t have a blunt weapon handy.
- When fighting multiple Crystalians, start with the Spear user. This boss will simply repeat its thrust animation, making it easy to punish. However, don’t attack unless you’re certain the other Crystalians won’t hit you.
- Crystalians are also quite slow to react, meaning players can jump attack them for massive poise damage. Once that damage builds up, the bosses will stagger and be vulnerable to a critical hit to the front.
- When fighting multiple enemies at once, you’ll need to keep them all in your sight at once. Use some of Elden Ring’s most powerful Spirit Ashes to even the odds in battle. Not all boss fights allow you to summon Spirit Ashes, so be wary of this.
And while we’re on the topic of crystals, we also have a guide to all the Crystal Tears in Elden Ring. Find them to mix up the best possible Flask of Wondrous Physick!