Elden Ring is full of tricky boss encounters, and the Crystalian is certainly one resilient enemy! Here’s how to take it down.
If you’re having issues with Elden Ring boss fights, you’re not the only one. The game is notoriously difficult, especially for those coming into battles unprepared.
It’s important to grab one of Elden Ring’s best early game weapons near the beginning of the game. That way, you can upgrade it as you make your way through the dangerous Lands Between.
But when it comes to upgrading your kit, you’ll need to get your hands on a hefty supply of Smithing Stones. The good news: there’s a way to get infinite Smithing Stones in Elden Ring!
The bad news: you’ll have a boss to beat in order to get your hands on the coveted prize. Thankfully, we’ve got a guide to beating the Crystalian in Elden Ring with ease.
Read More: Elden Ring: How to Skip Stormveil Castle
Best Strategy to Defeat Crystalian in Elden Ring
The Crystalian boss in Elden Ring can be found at the end of the Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel, Altus Tunner, Sellia Hideaway, and Academy Crystal Cave. Here’s how to beat it wherever you encounter it:
- First, it’s important to note that Crystalian bosses can have a Spear, Staff, or Ringblade and they often come in groups.
- Fighting one Crystalian isn’t too hard, but going against two or even three can be quite the battle.
- Be sure to track down all these Golden Seed locations in Elden Ring to give yourself more Flasks to work with. This may become a battle of attrition.
- Perhaps the most crucial tip you need to know about a Crystalian is it’s one of the few bosses that is weak to backstabs. Wait until the creature uses a long animation (such as the Ringblade toss), and then strafe around behind it for a critical hit.
- After knocking down your enemy, try to use one of Elden Ring’s powerful Ashes of War to deal massive damage before retreating.
- When fighting multiple Crystalians, start with the Spear user. This boss will simply repeat its thrust animation, making it easy to punish. However, don’t attack unless you’re certain the other Crystalians won’t hit you.
- Crystalians are also quite slow to react, meaning players can jump attack them for massive poise damage. Once that damage builds up, the bosses will stagger and be vulnerable for a critical hit to the front.
- When fighting multiple enemies at once, you’ll need to keep them all in your sight at once. Use some of Elden Ring’s most powerful Summons to even the odds in battle. (Note: This can’t be done when fighting the solo Ringblade Crystalian but you won’t need the help)
Don’t miss out on the Sword of Night and Flame, one of Elden Ring’s legendary weapons!
And while we’re on the topic of crystals, we also have a guide to all the Crystal Tears in Elden Ring. Find them to mix up the best possible Flask of Wondrous Physick!