Elden Ring’s Rannis Quest makes you face the sinister Astel Naturalborn of the Void!
Elden Ring is the biggest game FromSoftware has ever produced. This, of course, is no assurance of quality.
Thankfully for Soulslike fans, Elden Ring’s open world is true to its roots and is full of ominous bosses, dungeons, and mysterious NPCs around each corner.
One of these Elden Ring NPCs is Ranni, a witch that sends you off on a long quest that will eventually bring you to face Astel, Naturalborn of the Void.
As expected, this boss is no easy match and might take a few tries to beat. Fortunately, you can follow a winning strategy to defeat Astel in Elden Ring.
Best Strategy to Defeat Astel Naturalborn of the Void
You can find Astel in Elden Ring at the Gran Cloister, Lake of Rot. This boss is part of Ranni’s Quest in the game.
Here is everything you need to know about Ranni’s Quest, which is crucial for this battle.
Astel Naturalborn of the Void can be a tricky boss in Elden Ring, but it can get a lot more manageable if you take these tips into account.
Tips to Defeat Astel in Elden Ring
- This is no easy boss fight, so before heading to Astel, make sure that you have upgraded your Flasks as much as possible. Additionally, you will have a much better chance if you have already found the Flask of Wondrous Physick.
- Also, make sure your equipment is upgraded.
- This boss utilizes a lot of area attacks, so at least for this fight, make sure that you carry adequate equipment that will let you roll efficiently to escape area attacks.
- If you are playing solo: The Mimic Tear Ashes are great for this boss. If you do not have this Spirit Ash yet, you can use any tank-style one in your arsenal.
- This boss uses fast swipes to defend itself. Due to this, slow heavy damage weapons like greatswords are not recommended. Use something lighter that would allow faster strikes.
- At the very beginning of this battle, Astel will use a laser attack that can one-hit KO. Dodge this attack by rolling. You can block this attack, but it is not recommended as you will still get some damage.
- The trick to defeating this boss is staying as close as possible to its head. Once there, land as much hits as possible and timely dodge its attacks.
- The attacks Astel uses while you are near are a small or big shockwave caused by glowing orbs on its hands. As soon as you see these orbs on its arms, run away and create some distance as the area of effect of these attacks is considerable.
- Sometimes Astel uses its hand to swipe near its face area. As soon as its hand glows, dodge this attack and stay afar for a few seconds. This swipe leaves a trail of fog that explodes in a second.
- Astel teleports to avoid you hitting its head for long. You can easily tell this is going to happen once you see Astel charging energy. When this happens, make sure you run away to avoid damage.
- If Astel teleports above you, dodge as far as possible since this means it will do a swipe down attack that is almost guaranteeed to be a one hit KO.
- Once Astel’s HP is below 50%, it will teleport and cast a Meteor Shower. Just dodge these attacks to the best of your abilities
If you are having a hard time defeating Astel in Elden Ring, leveling up a bit more is always a great idea. Fortunately, there is an easy way to get 74,000 runes in Elden Ring!
If nothing else works, an additional tactic you could consider is getting a re-spec of your character’s attributes. Always distribute your attributes in a way that suits your playstyle!
Now that you have beaten Astel, it is time for your next challenge! Starting the Slumbering Wolf Shack quest is a great new challenge if you have not completed this quest yet.