Elden Ring has plenty of amazing weapons, which can work well with certain builds. Here’s how to get the Godslayer’s Greatsword.
There are many, many weapons found in The Lands Between. No matter your build, you can find something to suit your playstyle.
One of the weapons that can be found is the Godslayer’s Greatsword. It’s a Colossal Sword that scales primarily with Dexterity.
Here is where you can find the Godslayer’s Greatsword, as well as what its requirements are.
Where to Find the Godslayer’s Greatsword in Elden Ring
The Godslayer’s Greatsword can be found in a chest right after the arena where you defeat the Godskin Apostle boss in the basement of the Divine Tower of Caelid, in the northern part of Caelid.
You can get the Godslayer’s Greatsword by following these steps:
- If you fast travel to the Dragonbarrow West Site of Grace, you can see the Divine Tower in the distance. Simply head in that direction.
- Once you reach the edge of the cliff, you’ll find some large branches, as well as an enemy sitting near a ladder. Jump down onto the branches and then onto the platform, and kill the enemy.
- Once you’ve killed the enemy, head up the ladder. Then, using your trusty Torrent, jump and keep to the ridges of the tower. You’re aiming to circle around the Divine Tower until you reach another ladder.
- Once you do, climb up the ladder and you’ll find yourself in front of a Site of Grace. You’re one step closer to reaching the Godslayer’s Greatsword!
- From here, turn left and head down the stairs. This part can be slightly tricky, as it requires platforming. Simply follow the white messages that are trailing down until you reach a guard watching an elevator.
- If you have a ranged weapon, it may be the best time to use it. Take the guard out, and take the elevator up. If you need a powerful bow, check out the best bows in Elden Ring!
- Once you’ve reached the top, head out of the elevator and take the left. Head past the ladder, and you’ll meet with a Black Flame Apostle. He can be tough, but keep an eye on his attacks, and you should be fine.
- Once you’ve killed him, follow the path and the white messages until you find a ridge where you can drop on a beam below. Jump down, and the beam will break and take you down with it.
- After you’ve fallen hundreds of feet, you’ll be met with another elevator. Take this elevator all the way down to find another Site of Grace. Make sure to rest at it because a boss is coming up!
Read More: The Best FromSoftware Titles to Play After Elden Ring
- Head down the stairs and you’ll find another Black Flame enemy trying to stop you in your tracks. Follow the same routine as before, killing him. Then, you’ll find a Fog Gate. You’re about to take on the Godskin Apostle.
- After defeating the Godskin Apostle boss, you should see a chest past its arena. You can collect the Godslayer’s Greatsword from this chest.
Godskin Apostle Guide & Strategy
If you have to face a Godskin Apostle, here are some quick tips to help the fight:
- Summon your Mimic Tear Spirit Ash to keep his aggro away from you. A lot of his attacks are for one person, with very little AoE damage.
- Alternatively, summon any decent Spirit Ash to help you keep him away from you so you can attack him from behind. (Here are some of the best Spirit Ashes to upgrade in the game!)
- He’s weak to Blood Loss Build Up, so those with a bleed build should make easy work of him. I found that using Morgott’s Cursed Sword and Bloodhounds Fang made him fairly easy.
- Watch out for his stretchy attack, as it has a long range and deals some hefty damage. Try and run away when he aims to stretch out.
If you’ve beaten or faced up against the Godskin Duo before this point, you’ll have an easy time fighting him.
Once you’ve beaten him, you’ll be able to access the back room, finding a treasure chest and a teleport point. Can you guess what is in the treasure chest?
That’s right! You’ve now got your hands on the Godslayer’s Greatsword. Now you can simply take the exit teleporter and start using your brand new weapon!
Elden Ring: Godslayer’s Greatsword Stats and Requirements
Godslayer’s Greatsword requires 20 Strength, 22 Dexterity, and 20 Faith. It’s also recommended to have a decent amount of Endurance to be able to combo with it and wear heavier armor.
The Godslayer’s Greatsword has one of the coolest-looking designs. It requires Somber Smithing Stones to upgrade it, compared to the more common Smithing Stones.
It scales with Dexterity, Strength, and Faith with a D scaling at standard. However, if you upgrade it to +2, it will scale with a C in Dexterity.
Read More: The Most Interesting Elden Ring Fan Theories
Furthermore, upgrading it to a +10 armament will change the Dexterity scaling to a B. Faith will also rise to a C at a +7 value.
However, the Strength scaling doesn’t change no matter the upgrade level. This makes it a great Colossal Sword for those with a DEX/FAI build.
The Unique Weapon Art for Godslayer’s Greatsword is The Queen’s Black Flame. It is a two-hit combo of Black Flame attacks, which wears down a target’s HP over time.
The Godslayer’s Greatsword is an integral part of one of the best builds in Elden Ring, the Black Flame Mage build! Check out how to get this build in preparation for the endgame!
If you’re hoping to enter New Game+ soon, we have some advice and tips on preparing for your second journey!
Finally, why not take a break from The Lands Between and check out some amazing pieces of Elden Ring fan art!
If you’re struggling to figure out the path to the Godslayer’s Greatsword, here is a video guide from YouTuber Its Shatter to help you!