If you’re on the home stretch in Elden Ring, you’ll come face-to-face with Sir Gideon Ofnir. Here’s how to beat him and continue towards the Erdtree!
Once you’ve beaten Maliketh and got yourself closer to the end of Elden Ring, you’ll come up against a few more mandatory bosses.
One of these is Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing. While he isn’t as difficult as some of the previous bosses, or some of the upcoming ones, he’ll give you a beating if you don’t focus/
We’re going to give you the best strategy to take while fighting Sir Gideon Ofnir, as well as anything you may need before you initiate the fight!
- Added information on how to find the Inescapable Frenzy Incantation to defeat Sir Gideon Ofnir with ease
- Best Strategy to Beat Sir Gideon Ofnir in Elden Ring
- How to Cheese Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing in Elden Ring
Best Strategy to Beat Sir Gideon Ofnir in Elden Ring
Where to Find Sir Gideon Ofnir in Elden Ring
Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing can be found in the Erdtree Sanctuary in Leyndell, Ashen Capital.
Unfortunately, all of your Sites of Grace in Leyndell, Royal Capital, won’t carry over to the new Ashen version after the events in Crumbling Farum Azula.
You’ll need to head towards the burning Erdtree and find a set of stairs. Simply follow towards the Erdtree and you’ll soon encounter Sir Gideon Ofnir.
How to Prepare for Sir Gideon Ofnir in Elden Ring
- You’ll need a decent Spirit Ash Summon to keep his aggro off you as you attack. We suggest using Mimic Tear or Black Knife Tiche for the best results!
- If you’ve found the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds, whether as part of Hyetta’s Questline or Dung Eaters Questline, you may have found the Inescapable Frenzy incantation. This is extremely useful if you want to cheese this boss fight!
- If you’re a magic build, make sure to check out our best staffs list. Or, if you’re a melee build, check out our list of best swords for every build!
- Make sure to upgrade your weapons, upgrade your best Spirit Ashes, and let’s go take on Sir Gideon Ofnir!
Tips on Defeating Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing
Keep these tips in mind when facing Sir Gideon Ofnir:
- Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing has one of the lowest health pools of a boss in Elden Ring, but you’ll still need to watch out for some of his moves.
- Many of Sir Gideon Ofnir’s moves are ranged-based sorceries. Keeping close to him and having almost constant attacks will stop him from attacking as often.
- However, if you’re a melee build, you’ll have to watch out for his Black Flame attack, where Sir Gideon Ofnir will circle himself with Black Flames. Roll out of it as soon as you can.
- Another move to watch out for is his blue daggers. Sir Gideon Ofnir will summon multiple blue daggers above his head, and they’ll deal decent damage. The main issue is that you won’t know exactly when they’ll fly at you. As soon as you see them appear, roll towards him in the hopes that you’ll dodge the attack.
Read More: Best Remembrance Weapons in Elden Ring
- One of the last attacks you’ll need to watch out for are these Yellow Discs. Sir Gideon Ofnir will fire out three lots of three discs, with varying ranges depending on how far you are away from him.
- Not only that, but he can use other sorceries too. Keep away from him and dodge other attacks while waiting for the last set of discs to disappear. Once they’re gone, you can run up and start your attacks again.
- He has plenty of other attacks in his arsenal, but many are telegraphed fairly well. This fight shouldn’t be too difficult.
- Sir Gideon Ofnir can heal once during the battle, so keep an eye on him using a Flask of Crimson Tears.
- If you’re struggling, though, or simply want to show off how powerful you are, there is a way to completely cheese Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing.
How to Cheese Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing in Elden Ring
If you’re struggling to beat Sir Gideon Ofnir, you can take advantage of his weakness to Madness and use the Inescapable Frenzy incantation to quickly end this battle.
The Inescapable Frenzy incantation requires 21 Faith, and upon use, you will latch onto someone and cause huge damage as well as inflict Madness.
Using this incantation on Sir Gideon Ofnir will make quick work of him, practically killing him in one shot.
Obtaining this Incantation can be quite complicated, so only consider this strategy if you have already explored the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.
How to Obtain the Inescapable Frenzy Incantation
- You will need to get to the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds and defeat Mohg, The Omen.
- Once he is defeated, head over to the chest in the room and hit the altar behind to reveal a hidden door.
- You’ll find a large pit. Use the wooden beams and platforms to descend.
- Near the bottom you can loot the Inescapable Frenzy Incantation from a corpse
While you may be on the last stretch of Elden Ring, there is plenty to do! Here is a comprehensive guide on how to BEAT Elden Ring!
And once you’ve finished Sir Gideon Ofnir, your next boss is Godfrey. Find out how to beat Godfrey, First Elden Lord in Elden Ring.