A Dragon Knight build is essential in Elden Ring if you want to pursue Dragon Communion Incantations!
Elden Ring allows its players to use all sorts of Sorceries and Incantations. There are some powerful and visually stunning Dragon Incantations among these Focus Point-based attacks.
The game dedicates a lot of its lore to magnificent dragons inhabiting the Lands Between. You will encounter Dragon-based locations and even imponent Dragon bosses like Lichdragon Fortissax.
Without a doubt, if you are into flashy and imponent dragons, the Dragon Communion Incantations are a must-have for you!
Fortunately for those looking to wield such Incantations, the Dragon Knight build is there to boost the draconic power even further.
These are all the equipment pieces you need to build a Dragon Knight build in Elden Ring!
- Best Dragon Knight Build in Elden Ring
- Dragon Knight Armor – Silver Tear Mask Helm
- Dragon Communion Seal & Dragon Knight Weapons
- Talisman Selection for Dragon Knight Build
- Best OP Incantations for a Dragon Knight Build
- Ideal Stats for the Best Dragon Knight Build on Elden Ring
- Best Flask of Wondrous Physick Crystal Tears for a Dragon Knight Build
Best Dragon Knight Build in Elden Ring
To build the perfect Dragon Knight build in Elden Ring, you need to collect and equip the following equipment:
- Silver Tear Mask Helm
- Dragon Communion Seal
- Radagon’s Soreseal
- Faithful’s Canvas Talisman
- Curved Sword Talisman
- Options for a fourth Talisman: Fire Scorpion Charm, Ritual Sword Talisman, Magic Scorpion Charm
- Golden Vow
- Blessing’s Boon
- Lightning Spear
- Flame, Grant Me Strength
- Black Flame
- Stone of Gurranq
- Agheel’s Flame
- Smarag’s Glintstone Breath
- Rotten Breath
- Flame-Shrouding Cracked Tear
- Cerulean Hidden Tear
- Magic-Shrouding Cracked Tear
Dragon Knight Armor – Silver Tear Mask Helm
The armor in this build is flexible, but getting the heaviest one with the most defense is advised. Nevertheless, one essential armor piece to complete this build is the Silver Tear Mask helm.
You can acquire this helm by defeating the Mimic Tear boss in Nokron, Eternal City.
Here is everything you need to know to get to Nokron, Eternal City.
As well, near this location, you can find one of the best summon Ashes in the game, the Mimic Tear Spirit Ash.
This helm has a pretty unique property. It raises the Arcane Attribute by 8 points, which is excellent for some Dragon Communion and Blood Incantations.
Although, this helm does not grant this ability for free. In exchange for an Arcane boost, players lose 5% of physical damage.
You can minimize this tradeoff by pairing this set with a weapon that has a decent arcane scaling; we will get into more details about this later on.
Read More: Elden Ring Players Are Making Fan Art of “Let Me Solo Her”, The Malenia Destroyer
Dragon Communion Seal & Dragon Knight Weapons
There is one essential piece of weaponry for this build, the Dragon Communion Seal. This Seal not only has an S rank Arcane scaling but also boosts Dragon Communion incantations.
If you are planning to get this build, you can not miss this Seal! Fortunately, you can get this one relatively early in the game.
You can find the Dragon Communion Seal by following these steps:
- Before starting your quest in finding this item, make sure you have at least two Stonesword Keys in your Inventory before proceeding. You can get these items from several Noman Merchants (the one at Weeping Peninsula has some cheap ones) and the Twin Maiden Husks NPC at the Roundtable Hold.
- Once you have these items, fast travel to the Stranded Graveyard Site of Grace (the first one you activate on the game).
- As soon as you arrive, you should see a fog wall with an Imp Statue on the left side. Use the Stonesword Keys to unlock this area. The Fingefolk Hero’s Grave should now be accessible.
- Progress down the path with the mechanized chariot. Once the path splits, take the road that goes up. Keep going up until you reach a small room with an enemy inside. Defeat this enemy, and it will drop the Dragon Communion Seal.
Ideal Weapon for a Dragon Knight Build
This build is not weapon centric. Although if you also want to keep a melee weapon at hand, make sure that you choose one with Arcane scaling.
These are the weapons with the best Arcane scaling in Elden Ring!
Talisman Selection for Dragon Knight Build
There are three specific talismans you need to make the best out of your Dragon Knight set for this build!
There are the three talismans you want to use for your Dragon Knight build in Elden Ring:
- Radagon’s Soreseal: Greatly increases stats, also increases damage taken. Located in Forth Faroth.
- Faithful’s Canvas Talisman: Raises Incantations potency. Located in the Sellia Crystal Tunnel.
- Curved Sword Talisman: Enhances guard counters. Located in the chest on the room with the Banished Knight in Stormveil Castle.
This combination mixed with heavy armor leads to powerful boosted Incantations while retaining a pretty decent defense.
If you already have a fourth Talisman slot, you can fill that space with any of these suggestions:
- Fire Scorpion Charm: Raises fire attack but lowers damage negation. This one is great if you are using Fire-based Incantations, like many Dragon Communion ones.
- Ritual Sword Talisman: Raises attack power when HP is at maximum. Particularly good if you are not using Bloody Slash.
- Magic Scorpion Charm: Raises magic attack but lowers damage negation.
Additionally, here is a list of the best Talismans in Elden Ring so you can decide which one suits your playstyle best!
Best OP Incantations for a Dragon Knight Build
Your Dragon Knight build in Elden Ring is designed to boost and benefit from various Incantations. These are the best Incantations you can pair with this build.
- Golden Vow: Increases attack and defense for self and allies. Found at the Corpse-Stench Shack in Mt. Gelmir.
- Blessing’s Boon: Grants a blessing that heals a total of 720 HP in 90 seconds. It can be purchased from Miriel at the Church of Vows.
- Lightning Spear: Hurls a lightning spear. You can purchase this Incantation after giving the Dragon Cult Prayerbook to Miriel or Brother Corhyn. To obtain this book, you must defeat the Leyndell Knight near the Artist’s Shack in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Flame, Grant Me Strenght: Raises physical and fire-affinity attack power. You can loot this Incantation from a body between two Flamethrowers at Fort Gael in Caelid.
- Black Flame: Throws a ball of black fire. You can purchase this Incantation from Brother Corhyn after giving him the Godskin Prayerbook you find in Stormveil Castle in a room guarded by an Imp Statue.
- Stone of Gurranq: Hurls a boulder. Rewarded after giving the 6th Deathroot to Gurranq, Beast Clergyman. Here is how you can find Gurranq and how to get Deathroots.
- Agheel’s Flame: Spews flame breath. Purchasable from the Cathedral of Dragon Communion for two Dragon Hearts after defeating Flying Dragon Agheel in Limgrave.
- Smarag’s Glintstone Breath: Spews magic breath. Purchasable from the Cathedral of Dragon Communion for two Dragon Hearts after defeating Glintstone Dragon Smarag in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Rotten Breath: Spew Scarlet Rot breath. Purchasable from the Cathedral of Dragon Communion in Caelid for one Dragon Heart.
Additionally, here is a list of the top 10 Incantations in Elden Ring if you want to swap any of the ones suggested above.
Ideal Stats for the Best Dragon Knight Build on Elden Ring
The ideal setup for this build requires close to level 100 if you are equipping every piece of equipment we recommend here.
Nevertheless, keep in mind you can mix and match some of the equipment above to make it better fit your playstyle and current level.
*These are the optimal Attribute Points distribution for the Dragon Knight build in Elden Ring:
- Vigor – 36
- Mind – 20
- Endurance – 21
- Strength – 15
- Dexterity – 12
- Intelligence – 9
- Faith – 25
- Arcane – 50 (with the Silver Tear Mask helm on)
Interested in other Elden Ring builds?
*The stats above will go up because of the Radagon’s Soreseal Talisman effect.
Elden Ring’s combat offers a lot of flexibility, so you can take your time and see what elements of this build work for you.
Also Read: Elden Ring: All Dungeons Locations & Their Bosses
Best Flask of Wondrous Physick Crystal Tears for a Dragon Knight Build
There are some perfect Crystal Tears to complement this build. If, by any chance, you still do not have these tears in your arsenal, here is where to find every Crystal Tear in Elden Ring.
These are the best tears you can use in your Flask of Wondrous Physick for this build:
- Flame-Shrouding Cracked Tear: Boosts fire attacks.
- Cerulean Hidden Tear: Eliminates all FP consumption for 10 seconds.
- Magic-Shrouding Cracked Tear: Boosts magic attacks.
You can swap between the Flame-Shrouding and Magic-Shrouding Crystal Tears depending on the type of Incantation you are planning to use.
All this gear, stats, and sorceries meld together to create the most OP Dragon Knight build you can get in Elden Ring!