Elden Ring has a ton of weapons to choose from, but if you’re looking for a weapon that scales with INT, then these are the best you’ll come across.
Elden Ring’s world is seamlessly neverending. There are plenty of challenging foes to overcome in The Lands Between, which means that you’ll want to take the best items and weapons you can find.
Finding the best weapons depends on what stats you’re looking to build. And if you’re looking to develop INT, you might be surprised by what you may find.
Intelligence builds are geared towards Sorcery. This means cosmic beams, giant spectral swords, and asteroids falling from the sky. So you’d think you wouldn’t need a weapon.
Well, even the weapons can conjure up some magical things.
Read More: Elden Ring: Where to Find All Great Runes & What They Do
What Does Intelligence Do in Elden Ring?
Intelligence is one of the eight Attributes that govern your character in Elden Ring. This Attribute is essential for those looking to use glintstone sorceries. Most of these spells require a determined amount of Intelligence to be used.
In addition, this Attribute boosts magic resistance and the magic power of sorceries and weapons with intelligence scaling.
Elden Ring: Best Early Game INT Weapons
Once you’ve gotten the hang of things and have beaten your first Demi-God, you’ll want to set out and find a weapon that’ll cater to your needs.
If you’re looking for a great early game weapon to help you go up against the likes of Margrit, the Fell Omen, and Godrick the Grafted, then you might want to check out our best early weapons guide!
Most of the better INT-based weapons will require you to venture out of Limgrave. But there is a way to skip Stormveil Castle and gain access to the rest of the map if that’s what you want.
But if you’re looking to beat Rennala or Bloodhound Darriwil, then you’ll need something special.
These are the best early game weapons in Elden Ring that scale with Intelligence.
Carian Knight’s Sword
The Carian Knight’s Sword is a weapon that allows players to conjure a giant spectral sword to smash down on their enemies.
- INT: 18
- DEX: 10
- STR: 10
- Head to the Northern Liurnia Lake Shore Site of Grace
- Then head south and you’ll find a carriage being pulled by two giants.
- If you down one of the giants the carriage will stop.
- Careful because there will be more enemies guarding the carriage.
- Head to the back and open the chest to find the Carian Knight’s Sword.
- Carian Grandeur – Turns the Carian Knight’s Sword into a giant magical greatsword that comes down on enemies and deals massive magical damage. Can be charged.
The Crystal Sword is a mighty straight sword that deals additional magic damage with each attack. This, paired up with its spinning slash ability, can make for some severe damage depending on how high your INT stat is.
- STR: 13
- Dex: 10
- INT: 15
- Head to the Village of the Albinnaurics on the southwestern area of Liurna of the Lakes.
- Go past the well and cross the wooden bridge.
- It will be on a corpse near the edge of the cliff.
- Spinning Slash – Lunges the player forward performing a spinning attack that can be followed up by a strong attack by the players.
The Moonveil sword is arguably the best INT-based weapon that players will find early in the game. This weapon can even be taken into the game’s latter stages if upgraded. Its range and special skill are some of the best in the game.
Coupled with the fact that it’s one of the quicker weapons, it’s perfect for an INT-based build.
- STR: 12
- DEX: 18
- INT: 23
- Found in the Gael Tunnel in Caelid.
- From the Shack of the Rotting head south and you should come to the entrance of the cave.
- Make your way through to the boss battle.
- Defeat the Magma Wyrm and it will drop the Moonveil Sword.
- Transient Moonlight – Sheathes your sword and allows you to slash at the enemy with a wave of light. Attack changes with light and heavy attacks.
Sword of St. Trina
Sword of St. Trina is excellent for players looking to gain some distance from their enemy or perform a critical strike. Its special ability helps put enemies to sleep, and it’s an excellent weapon at close range.
- STR: 10
- DEX: 12
- INT: 14
- Found in Caelid.
- Head to the Shack of the Rotting Site of Grace.
- Go east and you will find the Forsaken Ruins.
- Here you will find an underground cellar that requires a Stonesword Key.
- Use it on the Imp Statue and the Sword of St. Trina will be inside the chest.
- Mists of Slumber – Players slash the air releasing a mist that will cause enemies to fall asleep.
Elden Ring: Best Mid-Game INT Weapons
Once you’ve made it past Liurna of the Lakes, Elden Ring players will notice that they might not do as much damage as they’d like to some enemies.
Which means it might be time to change out your weapon. It’s hard to part ways with the weapons that have been with you through Margit, the Fell Omen, and Godrick the Grafted, but in Elden Ring, it’s necessary.
From now on, you’ll encounter enemies like Starscourge Radahn, a warrior the size of the building with gravity sorcery at his disposal.
So you’ll need to find some weapons that can handle that level of punishment. The following few weapons will be more than enough for your Intelligence build!
The Bastard’s Stars is one of the most extraordinary weapon designs you’ll find in Elden Ring. It’s a flail that you can obtain after defeating Astel, Naturalborn of the Void.
The fight with Astel can be challenging, so make sure you know what to expect before heading in there!
- STR: 8
- DEX: 22
- INT: 22
- Found after defeating Astel, Naturalborn of the Void.
- Head to the Grand Cloister Site of Grace, you’ll need to make your way through Nokron, Eternal City to get here.
- Once you’re there head to the Land of Rot, you’ll want to make your way through the lake to the palace.
- Here you will need to head east to where you will find a coffin hanging over the edge of the waterfall.
- Go in the coffin and watch the cutscene.
- From here you’ll be able to head to the boss area for Astel.
- Defeat Astel, Naturalborn of the Void and it’ll drop a Remembrance of the Naturalborn.
- Take this item to Enia in the Roundtable Hold and you will be able to purchase the Bastard’s Stars.
Getting to Nokron, Eternal City can be a little confusing, but thankfully we have the exact steps you need to take.
- Nebula – This skill allows players to leave behind a dark cloud that explodes dealing gravity damage to enemies.
Dark Moon Greatsword
The Dark Moon Greatsword is the weapon you receive after completing Ranni’s Questline. This questline will take you through some brutal boss battles, so make sure you prepare yourselves.
We recommend leveling up your character and upgrading your flasks before setting out on this journey.
- STR: 16
- DEX: 11
- INT: 38
- Obtaining the Dark Moon Greatsword involves a lot of steps that you need to do first in Ranni’s Questline.
- Once you’ve completed the quest, Ranni will reward you with the Dark Moon Greatsword.
- Moonlight Greatsword – Imbues sword in the magic of the Dark Moon which increases its magic and physical damage. Also, allow players to swing a wave of moonblasts.
Sword of Night & Flame
Arguably one of the best weapons in the middle stages of the game, the Sword of Night & Flame is a weapon that offers variety to the wielder. It has three different forms of attack, which is pretty unique as far as swords go.
- STR: 12
- DEX: 12
- FAI: 24
- INT: 24
- Found in the Caria Manor in Liurna of the Lakes.
- Head to the Manor Lower Level Site of Grace.
- From here make your way to the rooftops until you come across a series of thin pathways.
- On the third pathway, to your left, there will be a roof that you can jump on.
- From there jump onto another roof and then you will see another roof with a ladder.
- Head down the ladder and you will see a chest where you can find the Sword of Night & Flame.
For a complete run-through, check out our full guide of the Sword of Night & Flame, one of the most potent weapons in Elden Ring.
- Night-and-Flame Stance: Allows players to hold the sword at their side and cast a spell depending on their stance. If a heavy attack is performed in this stance then it will summon a wave of flames. If a light attack is performed then it casts a Night Comet.
Wing of Astel
The Wing of Astel is a great mid-game replacement for the Moonveil. It offers three different forms of attack: close-range slashes, mid-range slash, and a close-range explosive mist.
- STR: 7
- DEX: 17
- INT: 20
- Found in the Uhl Palace Ruins underground The Lands Between.
- Head to the Ainsel River Main Site of Grace.
- From here head south towards where you will see a group of flying ants.
- Head towards them and you will see a giant ant with a shield head guarding a cave.
- Go into that cave and follow it down. You’ll find some more enemies.
- From here just make your way down until you see a chest above some ruins.
- Open it and you will find the Wing of Astel.
- Nebula – This skill allows players to leave behind a dark cloud that explodes dealing gravity damage to enemies. The Wing of Astel’s strong attack also sends out waves of energy which cause massive magical damage.
And if for some reason you aren’t able to equip any of these weapons due to your stats then don’t panic! There is a way for players to re-spec their stats in Elden Ring and redistribute them.
Elden Ring is all about finding the playstyle that you enjoy and that works for you.
Once you find the weapon that you want to explore more than you’ll need to upgrade it!
Check out all our other builds to see which one suits you!
To upgrade weapons you’ll need Smithing Stones and Somber Smithing Stones. They can be hard to come by but thankfully we’ve found a way to get unlimited Smithing Stone 1 & 2 to get you started.
Wednesday 9th of March 2022
I thought stat scaling isn't working right now?
Monday 14th of March 2022
@CountingWizard, you're thinking of scaling on any split damage weapon with arcane scaling, such as rivers of blood, which is bugged. Everything else works as intended.
Thursday 10th of March 2022
@CountingWizard it is definitely working.
Look at your dmg stat on your weapons, when you're on the lvl up menu. Flick a point on STR or DEX (or INT or FTH if your weapon has those scaling), you don't have to actually spend the point. You'll see the damage number change when you have the point allocated. Thats your scaling working, visible in realtime.