Elden Ring features plenty of bosses, but one of the most difficult is Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader. Here’s how to defeat this Evergaol boss.
There are a few mandatory bosses in Elden Ring, but many are completely optional. Some of the toughest bosses are found in Evergaol.
Evergaols are prisons that keep away dangerous enemies from The Lands Between, and finding yourself facing whatever is inside can be a difficult task.
One such Evergaol boss is Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader. While she is a tough boss, her defeat gives you one of the best Spirit Ash Summons in the game: Black Knife Tiche.
Here’s the best strategy on how to defeat Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader in Elden Ring.
Table of contents
Best Strategy for Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader in Elden Ring
Where to Find Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader in Elden Ring
You can find Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader, in the Ringleader’s Evergaol, which can be found near the Moonlight Altar Site of Grace in Liurnia of the Lakes.
Unfortunately, reaching this part of Liurnia of the Lakes is locked to the completion of Ranni’s Questline. You’ll need to progress her quest to reach Alecto.
Once you’ve progressed enough, head to the Moonlight Altar Site of Grace. After that, go to the location on the map below to find the Ringleader’s Evergaol.
How to Defeat Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader – Strategies, Weaknesses & Tips
Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader is a difficult boss to face. Here are some tips on how to defeat this Evergaol challenger:
- Spirit Ash Summons or Multiplayer summons aren’t available in this fight. You’re on your own.
- As soon as you step into the Evergaol, make a run for where she spawns. You’ll be able to get a couple of free hits as she enters.
- Avoid using your shield, or the Ash of War: Barricade Shield, as it won’t help and will likely leave you open to attacks.
- When Alecto jumps into the air and dives towards you, dodge. If you miss the attack, she’ll be left open for a few moments, giving you the time to get some hits in.
- Your goal is to break her poise with your openings. Using Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx is a great idea for this. Keep a pace of using the Ash of War, normal hits, Ash of War, normal hits, etc.
- If you’re using a Strength weapon, keep using light jab attacks when she closes in on her combos. If she charges Red, run as far back as you can as this is a powerful AoE attack. When she lands the attack, close the gap again.
- Using ranged weapons, like bows or a Weapon Skill can help keep your distance. Find out some of the best bows in Elden Ring.
- Alternatively, the Moonveil’s Weapon Skill is excellent against Alecto. Here’s where to find the Moonveil Katana.
With some of these tips, a bit of luck, and some perseverance, you should have killed Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader, in no time!
While you’re here, check out our comprehensive guide on how to beat Elden Ring!
Or, check out our ranked lists of the best gear in Elden Ring: