If you’re looking to collect the strongest weapons in Elden Ring, here’s a guide to finding all of the Legendary Armaments in the game.
When you’re going up against the greatest challenges in the Lands Between, it helps to arm yourself with a strong weapon or two. That’s where the Legendary Armaments come in!
You’ll need to collect all 9 Legendary Armaments for a Trophy/Achievement, but there’s good reason to get your hands on the weapons anyway. After all, they’re not only the most powerful tools you have against the nightmarish bosses of Elden Ring, but each comes with its own unique ability too.
If you’re more into spellcasting than weaponry, don’t miss out on finding the most overpowered sorcery in Elden Ring here!
- Added clearer location instructions for each Legendary Armament
- Added several location images for the Bolt of Gransax
- All Legendary Armament Locations in Elden Ring + Maps
- Where to Find the Ruins Greatsword
- Where to Find the Eclipse Shotel
- Where to Find the Grafted Blade Greatsword
- Where to Find the Sword of Night and Flame
- Where to Find Marais Executioner’s Sword
- Where to Find the Dark Moon Greatsword
- Where to Find Devourer’s Scepter
- Where to Find Golden Order Greatsword
- Where to Find Bolt of Gransax
All Legendary Armament Locations in Elden Ring + Maps
Where to Find the Ruins Greatsword
The Ruins Greatsword is located in Redmane Castle in southeastern Caelid. Here you’ll need to battle Starscourge Radahn before returning to the castle once again.
To obtain the Ruins Greatsword, follow these steps:
- After defeating Starscourge Radahn, talk to the event announcer that started the battle. Then fast-travel to the Chamber Outside the Plaza Site of Grace to reset the area.
- Head to the Plaza where everyone was gathered, and you’ll have to face off against a Misbegotten Warrior and Crucible Knight boss to receive this legendary armament.
Requirements: 50 STR, 16 INT
Skill: Wave of Destruction
Where to Find the Eclipse Shotel
You can find and obtain the Eclipse Shotel at Castle Sol in the northwestern area of Mountaintops of the Giants.
To get your hands on the Eclipse Shotel:
- Head to the Mountaintops of the Giants. Once you arrive in Castle Sol to the North, the weapon is almost within your grasp.
- Head straight into the castle, past the patrolling enemy, and up the wooden staircase. Once you’re at the top, head straight North for the archway ahead, being wary of the flying enemy that will attempt to swoop in from behind when you head into the open.
- Head up the stairs and run directly South, past all the enemies that will try and stop you. Watch out for the knight at the top of the stairs and head to the alter directly inside the chapel. Here, your Eclipse Shotel will be lying in wait for you!
Requirements: 10 STR, 25 DEX, 30 FAI
Skill: Death Flare
Where to Find the Grafted Blade Greatsword
The Grafted Blade Greatsword can be found right near the beginning of the game in Castle Morne in the southeastern part of the Weeping Peninsula.
To get the Grafted Blade Greatsword follow these steps:
- Start from the Castle Morne Rampart Site of Grace in the Weeping Peninsula. Follow the road heading south from the Bridge of Sacrifice, and you will get to this Site of Grace
- From this location, take the main road south.
- You’ll need to watch out for massive arrows fired by a giant to get in the front door, but the enemy isn’t difficult to defeat, as long as you have your horse! Rest at the Castle Morne Lift Site of Grace, then head up the nearby elevator.
- You’ll arrive in a courtyard full of enemies, but the good news is that you don’t have to fight many of them. Simply run straight through the yard, to the end, then turn right and up the ladder to the West.
- On top of the castle wall, cross the bridge ahead, then drop down to the Site of Grace to the South West, jumping to the grass below. From here, keep making your way down the castle, dropping down where possible until you’re finally at the water level.
- There’s another Site of Grace before your final drop down to the Jellyfish area, and you’ll be able to spot the Boss Gate to the South West.
- Inside, you’ll face off against Leonine Misbegotten, a boss who will drop your Grafted Blade Greatsword when defeated. Here’s a video guide to lead you to the boss fight.
Requirements: 40 STR, 14 DEX
Skill: Oath of Vengeance
Where to Find the Sword of Night and Flame
Elden Ring players can find the Sword of Night and Flame at the Caria Manor, in western Liurnia of the Lakes. Continue the main road north of the Road to the Manor Grace to get to this location.
Once you arrive at the Caria Manor, follow these instructions to get the Sword of Night and Flame:
- Progress through the manor until you reach the Manor Lower Level Grace
- Continue progressing southeast, then take the path to the left
- Right after that, take the path on the right
- Once you are midway, before reaching the next tower, jump on the rooftops to the left
- Drop to the roof below and descend using the ladder to arrive at the room with the chest that contains the Sword of Night and Flame
The Sword of Night and Flame is one of the most stylish weapons in Elden Ring, and you can get it super early on in the game.
What’s more, its stats don’t require players to be too high a level, so it’s well worth grabbing this one early.
Requirements: 12 STR, 12 DEX, 24 INT, 24 FAI
Skill: Night-and-Flame Stance
Where to Find Marais Executioner’s Sword
The Marais Executioner’s Sword is dropped by the Elemer of the Briar boss in the Shaded Castle in the northern section of Altus Plateau.
Here’s how to get the Marais Executioner’s Sword at the Shaded Castle:
- First, make sure you know how to get to Altus Plateau. Then, make your way to The Shaded Castle in the far North of the region.
- Progress through this dungeon, and you should eventually reach the Shaded Castle Inner Gate.
- After following the path from this Grace, you’ll face off against Elemer of the Briar, a relatively simple boss fight.
- Simply upgrade your Spirit Ash Summons to have a solid distraction for Elemer to deal with. You should even have the Mimic Tear Summon by now, which makes life a lot easier.
- After defeating Elemer of the Briar, you will receive the Marais Executioner’s Sword
Marais Executioner’s Sword easily made our list of the best Greatswords in Elden Ring and for good reason. Its special skill will let you fire your sword forward, giving you some much-needed range as a melee fighter.
Requirements: 24 STR, 14 DEX, 23 ARC
Skill: Eochaid’s Dancing Blade
Here’s a video guide to lead you through the Shaded Castle, to the boss fight.
Where to Find the Dark Moon Greatsword
You can get the Dark Moon Greatsword in the lower section of the Cathedral of Manus Celes at the Moonlight Altar in Liurnia of the Lakes after giving Ranni the Dark Moon Ring.
Here’s our whopping 17-step guide to unlocking the Dark Moon Greatsword in Elden Ring!
The Dark Moon Greatsword is one of the most difficult weapons to unlock in Elden Ring. After all, you’ll need to complete a lengthy questline to unlock it, rather than just finding it around the map or defeating a boss.
However, it’s well worth your time.
Requirements: 16 STR, 11 DEX, 38 INT
Skill: Moonlight Greatsword
Where to Find Devourer’s Scepter
Players can obtain the Devourer’s Scepter by defeating Knight / Recusant Bernahls at any given point after finding him at the Warmaster’s Shack in northern Limgrave or by following his questline and defeating him when he invades in Crumbling Farum Azula.
You can follow Bernahl’s questline at Volcano Manor:
- Make your way to Altus Plateau and complete the assassination missions at the manor, talking to Bernahl each time and exhausting his dialogue. Eventually, you will get the Red Letter.
- Talk to the NPC again, and he’ll give you his own request. You can complete this before your final Volcano Manor mission, but either way you then won’t see Bernahl until near the end of the game.
- When you finally get to Crumbling Farum Azula in Elden Ring, you’ll get invaded by Recusant Bernahl. Defeating him here will give you not only the Devourer’s Scepter, but also a Blasphemous Claw which should help you defeat the next boss!
Despite its name, the Devourer’s Scepter is actually a Warhammer in Elden Ring. Its powerful skill allows the user to steal HP of all nearby enemies, making it one of the best Legendary Armaments in Elden Ring.
Requirements: 24 STR, 20 DEX, 25 FAI
Skill: Devourer of Worlds
Here’s a video guide to lead you through Farum Azula to Bernahl’s invasion location.
Where to Find Golden Order Greatsword
The Golden Order Greatsword is dropped by the Misbegotten Crusader boss in the Cave of the Forlorn on the eastern side of the Consecrated Snowfield.
A Stonesword Key is required to unlock this cave located all the way to the east, following the frozen river in front of the Inner Consecrated Snowfield Grace.
Check out our full walkthrough on finding the Golden Order Greatsword here!
This holy Greatsword is one of your best weapons for a Faith build in Elden Ring.
Requirements: 16 STR, 21 DEX, 28 FAI
Skill: Establish Order
Where to Find Bolt of Gransax
To obtain the Bolt of Gransax in Elden Ring, follow these steps:
- Start from the Erdtree Sanctuary Site of Grace in Leyndell, Royal Capital
- From there, exit the room through the doorway on the west
- Follow this path and take the lift down
- Go down the stairs; as you go down, you should see a giant spear-like structure, this is where this Legendary Armament is located
- Continue this path, and right before taking the stairs up, there is a broken railing
- Drop down from here to the platform below
- Once you drop down, jump to the spear-like structure and carefully climb up to get the Bolt of Grandsax Legendary Armament
Requirements: 20 STR, 40 DEX
Skill: Ancient Lightning Spear
Just like that, you’ve got your hands on all of the Legendary Armaments in Elden Ring!
But if you’re a magic-user feeling understandably upset at the lack of weapons for you, worry no longer! We’ve got a list of every staff in Elden Ring and where to find it here.