FromSoftware’s enemies are usually defeated using the same method: hit them until they’re dead. However, there are some exceptions. Here’s how you can find and destroy the Grave Chariots in Elden Ring.
If you’ve ventured into the many dungeons scattered around the Lands Between, there’s a chance you’ve run into these massive Chariots. Or, more likely, they’ve run into you… literally.
But, did you know there are ways to defeat them? Here are the three Grave-style dungeons containing Chariots, and a guide to the unique ways of destroying them.
- Chariot Locations & How to Destroy Them
Chariot Locations & How to Destroy Them
You can find three locations that hold the Chariots in Elden Ring:
- Fringefolk Hero’s Grave – Limgrave, Stranded Graveyard
- Auriza Hero’s Grave – Altus Plateau, Capital Outskirts
- Gelmir Hero’s Grave – Mt. Gelmir, North from Bridge of Iniquity
All these locations are fully-fledged Dungeons that should be explored thoroughly. They contain more enemies, including bosses, and offer up plenty of loot.
This guide will only explain how to deal with each Chariot enemy and discuss the loot that they each drop.
NOTE: Destroying this Chariot requires a bow. Here’s where you can buy one.
Fringefolk Hero’s Grave Chariot
Where to Find the Fringefolk Hero’s Grave
You’ll find Fringefolk Hero’s Grave right at the beginning of the game in front of the Stranded Graveyard Site of Grace in Limgrave.
However, the Chariot area is only accessible with two Stonesword Keys, as it’s locked away behind an imp statue fog wall.
How to Destroy the Fringefolk Hero’s Grave Chariot
- Press on through the poisonous section, and you’ll come face to face with the Chariot. For now, you can only dodge it.
- Use the alcoves on each side of the track to hide as it passes, but be wary of enemies that also reside in these safe spots. When you get an opening, run!
- You’ll reach an area where the track narrows. From one of the corners of the road before the narrow bridge, drop to the area below.
- Continue on passed the Imps and Fire Trap until you reach a room with a bridge. Here, you’ll be confronted by two Grafted Scions.
- Similar to the previous drop, drop off their bridge to the lowest level, and you’ll find a lift. Go up and climb the stairs, killing the enemy on this platform.
- Move to the far end where the enemy was located and look out over the Chariot track. Attached to the ceiling, you’ll notice three pots. These explode when they hit the ground, so equip your bow and take aim (at the rope, not the pot).
- The Chariot will ride up and down the track, and you want to fire once you hear it hit the platform that you’re standing on top of.
- Time it right, and the Chariot will explode – and will never respawn – rewarding you with 10x Great Arrows for your newly acquired Erdtree Greatbow!
If you specialize in archery, here are the best bows in Elden Ring that might rival your new weapon!
Auriza Hero’s Grave
Where to Find the Auriza Hero’s Grave
The Auriza Hero’s Grave is located in the Capital Outskirts section of Altus Plateau, east of the Outer Wall Battleground Site of Grace.
- Once you’ve ascended to the Altus Plateau, proceed east into the outskirts of Leyndell, Captial City.
- From the Outer Wall Battleground Site of Grace, take the road that heads west.
- Once you reach a fork in the road, take the one that heads southeast.
- Following this path will take you below a bridge and its pillar. Going forward from here will lead you the Auriza Hero’s Grave.
If you don’t have it, here’s where you can find it, along with every other Crystal Tear in Elden Ring!
How to Destroy the Auriza Hero’s Grave Chariot
- Destroying these Chariots requires you to also die. If you’re stocking Runes, spend them beforehand, or equip a Sacrificial Twig talisman.
- There are three Chariots to demolish this time around.
- Destroy Chariot #1:
- You’ll need to sprint down the first ramp, avoiding Chariot #1. Once you’re at the bottom, stand between the pillars, but make sure you’re clear of Chariot #1 and Chariot #2 which will now be ahead of you.
- Maneuver around Chariot #2 as you run up the next ramp, then around the corner, the path widens.
- Chariot #2 will be on the right side of the room, but Chariot #3 will join the party, rolling up and down the left side.
- Use the safe zone right in the middle against the wall in this area to avoid the Chariots from hitting you.
Certain Ashes of War, like Quickstep, could help avoid being rolled over. Here’s where you can find the best FP talisman to keep you moving!
- Carefully take the path down, avoiding the two chariots moving up and down. If needed, you can get into the alcoves that are nestled in the walls. Just be careful of the skeleton enemies there.
- At the end of this ramp, the path will narrow once more, and one of the previous Chariots will resummon in this narrow path.
- Stay between the columns to avoid damage.
- Look into the chasm to your left, and you’ll notice some items below. They’re resting on thin, wooden beams that you need to parkour down to.
- Drop to the beam below from the ledge on the left with a corpse.
- Keep dropping until you’re at the lowest beam, then climb the ladder that’s guarded by a lone skeleton.
- Now, you’ll be beneath a new section of the track, with another Chariot rolling by. As the Chariot goes passed you, exit and run up the ramp, and on the right side, you’ll find a room with a Fire Trap.
- Hit the Fire Trap to alter its flame pattern until the flame is being fired in the direction of the hallway you used to access this room.
- Unfortunately, there is no way to move forward from here since the Chariot is in front and will not let you move past it. Let it kill you.
- After respawning, proceed back to the double-wide area of the track where you find the safe area in front of the wall.
- Go take the path down from there, and a Chariot will span near the pillars below. This will cause the other two Chariots to crash into it, leaving all three in pieces!
- Your reward for this feat is substantial: The complete Tree Sentinel Armor Set and the Holy Ground Ash of War!
Having trouble dodging around the Chariots? Here’s how you obtain the Raptor of the Mists Ash of War and dodge through them instead!
Gelmir Hero’s Grave
Where to Find the Gelmir Hero’s Grave
Gelmir Hero’s Grave is located on the elevated section of Mt. Gelmir, reachable crossing the stone bridge northeast of the Primeval Sorcerer Azur Grace.
This Grave is different from the previous ones in that the two Chariots can’t actually be destroyed.
If you’re struggling to find it or just want to make fast traveling easier, check out our map of every Site of Grace in Elden Ring!
How to Navigate the Gelmir Hero’s Grave Chariot
- Head down the first ramp, dodging the first Chariot in the usual way (although, be careful of the lava that’s present this time around!)
- Jump to your left and pass through the room containing Page and Noble NPCs, then navigate through the Fire Trap room. Now, you’ll come to another section of Chariot track.
- Look closely, though. The Chariot that’s rolling along this area is missing the rider statue. That’s because you need to ride it yourself!
- Follow it down the ramp, ducking for cover in the alcoves when necessary, then look down along the right-hand side of the narrow section of the track. You will see a very thin platform that you need to drop onto.
- Doing so will give you access to a room containing a Bloodhound Knight, but you don’t need to fight him. If you want a battle, here’s our guide to a boss version of the same enemy!
- Climb the ladder behind him, and you’ll reappear above the track, and after some light parkour, you’ll be directly above the Chariot.
- Time your drop right, and you’ll land on top of the Chariot. Now, you can ride it across the lava pool that would otherwise be blocking your path!
Be aware that you’ll probably fall into the lava after jumping off the Chariot. Here’s how you can find Bloodhound’s Step, an Ash of War that’ll let you move through it faster!
And that’s how you navigate through each of the three Grave dungeons without being crushed. Now you can return to the surface and get crushed by the game’s bosses instead! Have fun!
Or if repeatedly dying really is your idea of a good time, here are the 5 hardest bosses in Elden Ring for you to test yourself against!
Alternatively, if looking for an easier ride, here’s a list of all the mandatory bosses to complete the main storyline. There’s less than you might think!
Thursday 28th of April 2022
Auriza Hero’s Grave, to survive it, just run past the chariot after you hit the fire trap, hide in the middle where there is a "hole" on each side. Then run down and in the door at the bottom. Kill the skeletons, move forward in that corridor. After that you will come to where the firetrap is spewing fire, in the direction you want to go, time it correctly and move forward. You will find some items at a half staircase, this is where chariot #1 & #2 is going up and down. Just jump down, and you will receive your award. No need to die and run it all again.