Elden Ring can be a punishing experience, but thankfully Golden Seeds allow players to upgrade the number of healing and focus points replenishing flasks they carry. Here’s where to find them all.
Even players that have picked a starting class catered to their playstyle and studied their stats tirelessly will find Elden Ring difficult. Understanding all the different abilities and items at your disposal is essential.
Players hoping to push through the campaign will need to build up how often they can heal and replenish Focus Points by using Golden Seeds.
- What is a Golden Seed?
- How Many Golden Seeds Are There in Elden Ring?
- Where to Find Every Golden Seed Location
What is a Golden Seed?
A Golden Seed is an upgrade material in Elden Ring that allows players to increase the number of charges for their Crimson and Cerulean Flask.
- 1 Golden Seed is required to increase total flasks to 5 & 6.
- 2 Golden Seeds are required to increase total flasks to 7 & 8.
- 3 Golden Seeds are required to increase total flasks to 9 & 10.
- 4 Golden Seeds are required to increase total flasks to 11 & 12.
- 5 Golden Seeds are required to increase total flasks to 13 & 14.
The Crimson Flask and Cerulean Flask are two of the most important items in Elden Ring. The Crimson Flask will allow players to heal themselves. Players can even upgrade the potency of each flash with Sacred Tears.
But the most important thing is to find Golden Seeds. Here is where you can find them.
How Many Golden Seeds Are There in Elden Ring?
There are 44 Golden Seeds in a single Elden Ring playthrough. But to fully upgrade your flasks, all you need is 30 of them.
Where to Find Every Golden Seed Location
You can find Golden Seeds under golden tree-like illusionary Phantom Trees in many areas in Elden Ring. It’ll be easy to notice them because they will radiate a golden light from them.
This guide uses Sites of Grace, dungeons, and sometimes unique locations to help guide players to a Golden Seed. Use the following guides to make understanding everything that much easier:
The first one can be picked as a Keepsake when players begin their Elden Ring journey. This can be pretty handy for players since it’ll allow you the start the game from the beginning with an extra flask.
- One is on the side of the road leading up to Stormhill Shack after passing the Stormgate. Just follow the road.
- One is East of Limgrave. Near Mistwood. Make your way to the entrance of Fort Haight, and you’ll find it here. There will be a few enemies you’ll encounter, so be prepared for a fight or hop on your mount to quickly retrieve it.
- Obtained from Roderika. Once you give her the Chrysalids’ Memento. She’ll leave the Stormhill Shack and head for the Roundtable Hold. Once she’s gone, a Golden Seed will be in her place. If the player doesn’t pick it up here, sometimes Roderika herself will gift it to the player in the Roundtable Hold.
- One can be found after defeating the secret boss, the Ulcerated Tree Spirit, in Fringefolk Hero’s Grave. To get to it, you’ll need to use two Stonesword Keys on the Imp Statue in the cave you start the game in. The boss fight can be incredibly challenging, so we do not recommend coming here until you’ve leveled up your character.
- Obtained from defeating Kenneth Haight. Kenneth can be found just north of the Mistwood Outskirts Site of Grace. But if you do decide to defeat him, you’ll lose access to his quest line, which rewards you with an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
While you’re in Limgrave, check out our guide to everything important to do your first time in Limgrave! There are some easy-to-miss essentials in there!
- Found just north of Castle Morne. If you’re at the Site of Grace, head south down the road until you are near some cliffs and dropdown. The golden seed will be here. There will be a giant that will fling great fire arrows at you. It’s around the area where you first see it.
Castle Morne is also where you meet Irina, which is required to complete Hyetta’s quest line and unlock one of the secret endings in Elden Ring!
- A Golden Seed can be found in the Stormveil Castle courtyard. Just before you make your way to the stairs that lead to Godrick the Grafted. South of the Secluded Cell Site of Grace.
- One can be obtained by defeating the Lesser Ulcerated Tree Spirit in the underground area of Stormveil Castle. Players can access the underground area of Stormveil Castle by dropping outside of the Liftside Chamber Site of Grace. This will damage the player!
Once you’ve found these Golden Seeds, you can make your way to Godrick, the Grafted. The first legacy dungeon boss you’ll face in Elden Ring.
Read More: Elden Ring: How to Skip Stormveil Castle
Liurnia of the Lakes
- There is one Golden Seed right next to the Academy Gate Town Site of Grace. Head northwest through the ruins, and you will come across it.
- After defeating the Red Wolf of Radagon, head west to the courtyard. It’ll be below a bridge near the small crab creatures.
- From the Main Academy Gate, just follow the broken bridge north. Right before you reach the end of it, you’ll see it.
If you’re not too sure where to go after Liurnia of the Lakes, check out our guide for the most important things to do after you defeat Rennala!
- In the Caria Manor, just after finding the Manor Upper-Level Site of Grace. It’ll be below a Phantom Tree.
- In the northmost part of the Ravine. The Ravine is just north of the Sorcerer’s Isle. Once you reach it, just follow its path until you reach the Ravine-Veiled Village Site of Grace. The golden seed will be near a Phantom Tree.
Caria Manor also leads to Ranni’s Rise, which is where players can start Ranni’s quest and unlock the most popular secret ending in Elden Ring.
- One is on the road that leads to Redmane Castle. If you’re near the Southern Aeonia Swamp Bank Site of Grace, head south towards the road. You’ll see the Golden Seed right after the fork in the road.
- In Sellia, Town of Sorcery. South of the Sellia Backstreets Site of Grace.
- Just north of the Farum Greatbridge Site of Grace. Follow the road up towards the Bestial Sanctum, and you’ll encounter it on the side of the road.
- A Golden Seed can be found inside the War-Dead Catacombs after defeating the Putrid Tree Spirit boss.
Nokstella, Eternal City
- Head to the northwest part of Nokstella towards the throne room. From the throne room, head south, and you’ll see an elevator. Take the elevator, and it’ll take you to the Ainsel River, where the Golden Seed will be waiting.
Getting to Nokstella can be a bit difficult. Check out our guide on how to get to Nokstella, Eternal City, for a step-by-step walkthrough!
- Head down the elevator into the Siofra River. Head south until you reach a bridge on your left. Take the bridge, and there will be a Golden Seed near the cliffside.
- There is a Golden Seed south of the Windmill Village. Just head southeast from the Site of Grace.
- One is near the Atlus Highway Junction Site of Grace. Follow the road north, and you will come across it.
- There is one just north of the Lux Ruins. Head north Erdtree-Gazing Hill.
- A Golden Seed can be found north of the Minor Erdtree in the center of the Atlus Plateau. North of the Bower of Bounty Site of Grace.
For players that haven’t gained access to Atlus Plateau yet, here is a handy guide to help you.
Leyndell, Royal Capital
- (2 Golden Seeds) At the entrance of the Royal Capital, Leyndell. You’ll two Golden Seeds near the tree. If you’re coming from the entrance, then it will be near the Outer Wall Phantom Tree Site of Grace.
- From the Outer Wall Phantom Tree Site of Grace, head south. You’ll encounter an Ulcerated Tree Spirit. Defeat it, and it will drop a Golden Seed.
- (2 Golden Seeds) Follow the same road that you found the Outer Wall Phantom Tree Site of Grace on. Eventually, you’ll find the Capital Outskirts Northwest Site of Grace. There will be two Golden Seeds near a tree.
- Head to the Avenue Balcony Site of Grace. Make your way north until you encounter an open area filled with sand. A Lesser Ulceraterd Tree Spirit will appear. Defeat it, and it will drop a Golden Seed.
- Make your way to West Capital Rampant Site of Grace. Head south, and you’ll see a Golden Seed near a Phantom Tree.
Leyndell is one of the most difficult areas in Elden Ring. Before you set out, make sure you have one of the best weapons in Elden Ring.
- There is a Golden Seed northwest of the Road Iniquity Site of Grace. It will be near a Phantom Tree.
- You can find a Golden Seed just north of the Seethewater River Site of Grace.
Here’s a guide on how to easily get to Mt. Gelmir and starting exploring Volcano Manor.
Lake of Rot
- Head to the Grand Cloister Site of Grace. Make your way to the bottom of the area near the waterfall. Behind the waterfall will be an Ulcerated Tree Spirit. Defeat it, and it’ll drop a Golden Seed.
The Golden Seeds in Mohgwyn Palace appear to be bugged. To obtain both, you’ll need to get #32 first and then head to #33 without fast traveling or reloading the area. If you accidentally reload the area, then the Golden Seed you haven’t grabbed yet will be gone.
- Behind the structure where multiple enemies seem to be kneeling towards a Sanguine Noble. Behind this structure are some rocks you can jump down to. The Golden Seed will be here.
- Make your way to the Mohgwyn Palace secret area. From the entrance, you can follow the path until you get to a shallow lake of blood. There are multiple birds guarding a Golden Seed in the middle of the lake.
Mountaintops of the Giants
It’s worth noting that you will not be able to access this area until you’ve defeated Morgott, the Omen King.
- After defeating Morgott, head north past the Forbidden Lands Site of Grace. You’ll see the Golden Seed on the side of the road.
- Head to the Foot of the Forge. Instead of entering battle with the Fire Giant, head north towards the end of the cliff. The Golden Seed will be under a Phantom Tree.
- Head to the Minor Erdtree. From the Minor Erdtree, head northeast, and you’ll find a Golden Seed.
- One is dropped by an Ulcerated Tree Spirit in the Giants’ Mountaintop Catacombs. From the Zamor Ruins, head towards the chain bridge to enter the Mountaintop of the Giants. Right before the bridge, head right to a path that leads downward. This will leads you to the Giants’ Mountaintop Catacombs. From here, you’ll need to enter the boss room in the catacombs and defeat the Ulcerated Tree Spirit.
The Consecrated Snowfield is a secret area in Elden Ring that requires players to obtain two medallions before entering them. Here’s a guide on how to find the medallions!
For those that don’t want to explore any more than they need to, here’s a secret way to enter the Consecrated Snowfield! Just make sure you don’t have any runes with you.
- Near the Ordina Liturgical Town Site of Grace. Just head slightly west.
- When you first enter the Consecrated Snowfield, head north to some ruins past the Consecrated Snowfield Site of Grace. Just before the ruins, the Golden Seed will be near a pillar.
Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree
- Make your way towards Malenia, Blade of Miquella at the center of the Haligtree. Right before you reach her room, you’ll need to cross a small lake of rot. Once you’ve crossed this, instead of going left, head straight to a second, smaller lake of rot. Here you will need to defeat an Ulcerated Tree Spirit. It will drop a Golden Seed.
Crumbling Farum Azula
- Head west of the Dragon Temple Altar Site of Grace. Head northwest, and you’ll see a lift. Take the lift, and the Golden Seed will be near a Phantom Tree after you ascend.
- Head to the Dragon Temple Rooftop Site of Grace. From here, head southeast. The Golden Seed will be near several sets of pillars.
Read More: Elden Ring: How to Get Beast Claw
Just follow these instructions, and you’ll be on track to obtaining plenty of charges for your Flasks. This is essential if you’re looking to stand a chance against the many demi-gods you’ll fight in Elden Ring.
Finding all the Golden Seeds will require players to already have some experience in Elden Ring and well-equipped character. Make sure you’ve leveled up your character first.
Also, if you’re struggling in the higher-level areas, we have a way for you to farm runes that can take you from level 10 to level 20 in minutes.